logo Sign In

Help: looking for... 1997 SE TB Digital Broadcasts

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi everyone.

I was talking with Rikter about these (1997 SE TB Digital Broadcasts) discs and he says that his are full of CRC errors and thus he can’t copy them (and can’t even watch them) to make them available.

While it’s not the OT, it’s still a chapter in the evolution of the Star Wars movies, and I’m sure many of us would like to have the best copy possible for our collections. Since I’m a network admin., I’m on a ridiculously fast connection, so if anyone out there has a pristine copy of all 3 broadcasts, I’d love to set up a torrent so that they’re made available.

Thanks
wainsco

Author
Time
What ever happened with your plan to seed Citizen's stuff on your "ridiculously fast connection" ?

However, in practice you must take into account the “fuckwit factor”. Just talk to Darth Mallwalker…
-Moth3r

Author
Time
There are serveral 1997SE "High Quality" releases

1. The "TB release" SE, which is an English DVB recordings.
2.The "GKar" SE, German DVB recordings.
3. HDTV 1080p versions released on Usenet awhile back(German & English versions)

I am trying to get my hands on the German & English(UK) HDTV 1080P releases & also wouldnt mind the TB release.

I have the "Gkar" release which similar to the TB release expect the crawls & Han/Greedo & Jaba subs are in german. The end credits are english but seem to be from a LD or VHS rip(but i dont watch the end credits so it doesnt matter to me)

I have no problem sending you a copy or you could get the release of Rikter(i originally got them off him)

edit: should mention it also comes with german start menu . German 5.1, English 5.1(Upmix) & English 2.0 audio
edit 2: some screen caps of ANH

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4282/vlcsnap91631ac8.png
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/479/vlcsnap91831zp9.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4501/vlcsnap92876zt6.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8506/vlcsnap99733pl0.png
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Mallwalker
What ever happened with your plan to seed Citizen's stuff on your "ridiculously fast connection" ?

I did seed it for 3 weeks. Hardly anyone downloaded it from me so when it had been idle for a week, I took it down. Would still like to do something a little more ambitious.

Good to hear from you again.
w

Author
Time
Originally posted by: MoBiUs
There are serveral 1997SE "High Quality" releases

1. The "TB release" SE, which is an English DVB recordings.
2.The "GKar" SE, German DVB recordings.
3. HDTV 1080p versions released on Usenet awhile back(German & English versions)

I am trying to get my hands on the German & English(UK) HDTV 1080P releases & also wouldnt mind the TB release.

That would be great if you could get these!

I have the "Gkar" release which similar to the TB release expect the crawls & Han/Greedo & Jaba subs are in german. The end credits are english but seem to be from a LD or VHS rip(but i dont watch the end credits so it doesnt matter to me)

I have no problem sending you a copy or you could get the release of Rikter(i originally got them off him)

I have "Gkar" too. If people wanted these, I'll gladly start a torrent for them.

Thanks for replying.
w
Author
Time
screen caps are from the Grak ANH DVD which is a DVB recording of the SE SW version
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Hal 9000
Are those screencaps a DVD version, taken from an HD source? Digital source, but not HiDef.

Originally posted by: wainsco
I did seed it for 3 weeks. Hardly anyone downloaded it from me so when it had been idle for a week, I took it down. Would still like to do something a little more ambitious.
That was Dr.M's RTW, was it not?
Citizen's would have been more ambitious, but I suppose it's water under the bridge now.

I for one am not very interested in any SE version. Not even ones which "no longer exist."
Fan editors might well disagree with me of course.

However, in practice you must take into account the “fuckwit factor”. Just talk to Darth Mallwalker…
-Moth3r

Author
Time

That was Dr.M's RTW, was it not?
Citizen's would have been more ambitious, but I suppose it's water under the bridge now.

D'oh! I think you're right there, now that you jog my memory. I don't think I even have Citizen's...arg. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, I know the SE's aren't nearly as desired as the OT, but it seems that there are at least a couple people interested in the G'kar version, so I'll set up a torrent for them, and hopefully someone will be willing to send the TB English version my way for torrenting too.

w

Author
Time
Does the TB digital broadcasts have the 5.1 sound mix? I currently have the Dark Jedi's Special Edition set, and while I think the quality is good, it is only in DD 2.0 surround.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Number20
Does the TB digital broadcasts have the 5.1 sound mix? I currently have the Dark Jedi's Special Edition set, and while I think the quality is good, it is only in DD 2.0 surround.

No, according to the Galactic Trade Federation (http://www.galactictradefederation.com/), the TB release only has 2.0 English audio. But the G'Kar version has both German 5.1 and English 5.1 audio. What would be sweet would be to have the video from the TB version and replace the 2.0 with the English 5.1 from the G'Kar version.

w

edit: if I knew how to do that, I would, once I got the TB version from someone.
Author
Time
Regarding the "Flunk" release which Erik mentioned,
I don't have the whole thing--I lost some of the RAR's in a disk accident.
However I do have Layer0 of the original DL image.
What good is that, you wonder?
Well, it contains the English crawl and Greedo subtitles which could be patched into the GKar.

-Moth3r

Author
Time
TB version has that Canal+ logo you describe.
Flunk version doesn't have any logo.

-Moth3r

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Mallwalker
Regarding the "Flunk" release which Erik mentioned,
I don't have the whole thing--I lost some of the RAR's in a disk accident.
However I do have Layer0 of the original DL image.
What good is that, you wonder?
Well, it contains the English crawl and Greedo subtitles which could be patched into the GKar.

That's a really good idea! how could we do V and VI as well?

Thanks for the suggestion!
w

P.S. I brought G'kar with me today. I'm just clearing out some space then I'll extract them and torrent them.
Author
Time
Star Wars IV - G'Kar is now up on Pirate Bay

w
Author
Time
Originally posted by: wainscoI'm on a ridiculously fast connection, so if anyone out there has a pristine copy of all 3 broadcasts, I'd love to set up a torrent so that they're made available.

Fist off let me say thank you for this.

Secondly I'd love to know what you mean by "ridiculously fast connection because" i am the only one connected to you and the max its reporting is 56kB/s. have you limited your upload speed for this because if you haven't then i wouldn't call this "ridiculously fast" because my upload speed is 80kB/s and i'm on a standard UK 8MB connection.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
Originally posted by: adywan
Originally posted by: wainscoI'm on a ridiculously fast connection, so if anyone out there has a pristine copy of all 3 broadcasts, I'd love to set up a torrent so that they're made available.

Fist off let me say thank you for this.

Secondly I'd love to know what you mean by "ridiculously fast connection because" i am the only one connected to you and the max its reporting is 56kB/s. have you limited your upload speed for this because if you haven't then i wouldn't call this "ridiculously fast" because my upload speed is 80kB/s and i'm on a standard UK 8MB connection.

No problem. Glad to share.

I'm on an OC12 connection to the internet, so 622Mb/s. I've limited the connection (have to keep the campus up) to 800KB/s, which is 6.4Mb/s, which should do quite well. Perhaps your ISP rate limits torrent connections. I know my provider at home is obsessed with throttling torrent traffic.

w
Author
Time
Originally posted by: wainscoI'm on an OC12 connection to the internet, so 622Mb/s. I've limited the connection (have to keep the campus up) to 800KB/s, which is 6.4Mb/s, which should do quite well. Perhaps your ISP rate limits torrent connections. I know my provider at home is obsessed with throttling torrent traffic.

No, my ISP has no throttling for torrents and i usually downlaod torrents at around 8MB/s. I wonder if pirate bay trackers have speed limits though as this should be going super fast.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

No, my ISP has no throttling for torrents and i usually downlaod torrents at around 8MB/s. I wonder if pirate bay trackers have speed limits though as this should be going super fast.

hmm. curious. Maybe they are limiting it, but I've downloaded at blazing speeds from TPB. We are an ocean apart...i wonder if anyone upstream from me is throttling.

Author
Time
mine are just laserdisc rips but I have all three SE films