Random thoughts, facts and factoids about Rogue One (I’ll append new ones at the end every time I find something interesting):
- A teaser trailer of Star Wars Rogue One was shown off at the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California, in 2015. It showed a TIE fighter flying above a forest planet and then revealed the Death Star. There is a voice over from Obi-Wan Kenobi that says: “For more than a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire.”; there is only a bootleg version around, very bad quality, taken probably with a phone camera; I guess if there is a proper one somewhere…
- According to a post found in a french forum, there are at least 30 minutes of Darth Vader deleted scenes.
- It seems there is so many unused footage filmed and unused for the final movie, that is possible to make another one!
- There is an after credit shot on youtube; a mouse-droid-visual of a corridor, and a lightsaber; according to many, it is just a fake.
- Many shots in the various trailers, apart obvious ones not in the movie, are just different takes, some really slight; others are reversed.
- List of available movie clips:
Call Sign (00:31) - 1080p 29.97fps
Come Back (00:23) - 1080p 29.97fps
Chance of Failure (00:40) - 1080p 23.976fps high bitrate
Jyn is Rescued (00:48) - 1080p 23.976fps high bitrate
Jyn Rallies The Rebel Alliance (00:21) - 1080p 23.976fps high bitrate
Trust Goes Both Ways (00:48) - 1080p 23.976fps high bitrate
Jyn, Cassian and K-2SO in Jedha City (00:40) - 720p 59.94fps (from a show)
Jyn, Cassian and K-2SO in Jedha desert (00:18) - 1080p 29.97fps (bits & pieces, no usable audio, from SW Celebration 2016)
for a total of about four and half minutes.