logo Sign In

;) vs. ;-) vs ^_~ And Also The Misuse Of Winkies and Other Emoticons and Also Objects That Express Emotion

Author
Time
 (Edited)

;)

;-)

^_~

Which you got?

Also, it drives me nuts when people use the winky emoticon in a situation where it doesn't make sense.  For example:

It drives me nuts when people use the winky emoticon in a situation where it doesn't make sense. ;-)

Do these people just have an eye problem?

Finally...

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/potd-angrycookie.jpg

Author
Time

^_~

Why do I feel I inspired this thread?

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Keep your stupid alternate winky in your pocket!

>:-{

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

I would love to have an emoticon of this, maybe animated:

maybe it can be converted in ASCII...

Author
Time

I hate it when people use the :rock: emoticon almost constantly.  On some forums I see it all the time and have come to loathe the very sight of it.  If it has to be used, surely it should be reserved for a truly noteworthy occurrence, not for anything that loosely falls into the positive category.

Author
Time

I'm a 37 year old man.  I generally do not like using any kind of emoticon.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Your stupid alternate winky inspired 1/3 of this thread. ^_~

Alternate, my ass!  Who the hell winks with their head falling to one side?

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Sluggo said:

:-(  :D

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Gaffer Tape said:

TV's Frink said:

Your stupid alternate winky inspired 1/3 of this thread. ^_~

Alternate, my ass!  Who the hell winks with their head falling to one side?

Whoever posts from a laptop, whilst lying on his bed with his head on the pillow. I wish I could still do that, but I don't have a laptop anymore.

Author
Time

Those are quite a few stipulations indeed!

Author
Time

Sluggo said:

http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/08/04/01/angry,bbq,emo,wall,funny,lolcats-5316bf3d4862e83bdd1ceeed97c02e53_m.jpg

Author
Time

Rock_emoticon.gif METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image by mindfreak_fanz

(sorry Chewtoie... but you sort of asked for it.)

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

xhonzi said:

Rock_emoticon.gif METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image by mindfreak_fanz

(sorry Chewtoie... but you sort of asked for it.)

Aaaarrrggghhh!

Author
Time

Well at least Fo's winks don't turn into stupid emojis that look like stroke victims.

Don’t do drugs, unless you’re with me.

Author
Time

Where does the emoji spelling come from? "Emoti(con)" is easy enough to figure out, but what is the J doing in there?