logo Sign In

Help: looking for... MTV's 'The State'...

Author
Time
That's messed up. I was just getting ready to ask the same question.

FE<3OT

Author
Time
Apparently, the first season is on Itunes, but I have no access to that - I don't even know if it is free or what. And, apparently, they also just had a reunion.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1113/userbar381851ln2.gif
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8653/userbar381853dp6.gif
Super Mario Bros. - The Wicked Star Story
"Ah, the proverbial sad sack with a wasted wish."
Author
Time
For the Reno 911 movie. I'm a big fan, but I haven't seen any good backups of this classic show.

At least we got Reno 911 and the sadly cancelled/underrated Stella on DVD.
Author
Time
 (Edited)

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I saw it on the list for this show.

I was working on a project restoring the edits that were made for the DVD (there are music edits in every episode but one, and there are four examples of cut or alternate footage, in addition to censored shots).

Most of them I was able to get good sources for, but I’m looking for copies of the following:

• original broadcast of the premiere episode (the appropriate air date would apparently be 12/17/93); there’s a sketch about beer which was cut out after the early airings because of complaints. The sketch is on the DVD, but with music changes.
  • episode 206 - of all the copies I obtained, the broadcast version of this was in the worst shape, so I would love a better source than the one I have.
  • episode 312 - the end credits have a long conversation between Marino and Wain, which was re-recorded for the DVD with different music. The only source I have for this has an MTV announcer over part of the credits. This is a longshot, but maybe somebody has a copy without the announcer, or at least covering a different part.

103, 104, and 305 also have specific sketches which I’m not entirely satisfied with my source.

Author
Time

thatguamguy said:

I was working on a project restoring the edits that were made for the DVD (there are music edits in every episode but one, and there are four examples of cut or alternate footage, in addition to censored shots).

Most of them I was able to get good sources for, but I’m looking for copies of the following:

• original broadcast of the premiere episode (the appropriate air date would apparently be 12/17/93); there’s a sketch about beer which was cut out after the early airings because of complaints. The sketch is on the DVD, but with music changes.
  • episode 206 - of all the copies I obtained, the broadcast version of this was in the worst shape, so I would love a better source than the one I have.
  • episode 312 - the end credits have a long conversation between Marino and Wain, which was re-recorded for the DVD with different music. The only source I have for this has an MTV announcer over part of the credits. This is a longshot, but maybe somebody has a copy without the announcer, or at least covering a different part.

103, 104, and 305 also have specific sketches which I’m not entirely satisfied with my source.

I know it’s been a while, but I wanted to see if you have any more luck with this project?

Author
Time

jayhawk618 said:

thatguamguy said:

I know it’s been a while, but I wanted to see if you have any more luck with this project?

Bump from me as well. Desperate for versions with the right music—willing to do some work myself.

Author
Time

irrg said:

jayhawk618 said:

thatguamguy said:

Bump from me as well. Desperate for versions with the right music—willing to do some work myself.

To all: Please GRAB this while you can. I just added the entire series as originally aired.

MTV’s The State (1994) - ‘The TapeFace Collection’
https://archive.org/details/missing_202403

Author
Time

TapeFace said:

irrg said:

jayhawk618 said:

thatguamguy said:

To all: Please GRAB this while you can. I just added the entire series as originally aired.

MTV’s The State (1994) - ‘The TapeFace Collection’
https://archive.org/details/missing_202403

You’re doing god’s work. The god that lives in the lake.

Author
Time

“Call me Old-Fashioned…” 😃

Thank you. I tried starting a private topic here, inviting you, thatguamguy and others in. I’m new at those. I’d like for thatguamguy to see this if the creator of the original restoration project. I can’t do the editing but I am handing everyone the materials for someone[s] to continue the project.

What happened to the original upload of the Restoration Project for the State? I don’t do social media at all and don’t know the double-edged sword when it comes to spreading word about it or not. Fans should know about it to keep the original presentation preserved, but hopefully not to the tipping point where it goes away again.

Please download and share it!

Author
Time

What happened to the original upload of the Restoration Project for the State?

I was able to download S1 w/o issues but S2 didn’t have 100% availability at any point.

I don’t even know if S3/4 ever got Restored.

Author
Time

I never saw S2 Restored nor have it (nor knew it was even available). Over the years, I’ve only seen a fraction of episodes online. As a diehard fan from the start, I couldn’t have known then how lucky I would be now to have kept the tapes.

This should peacefully co-exist with the OOP official DVDs. At the very least, the original audio should be available as an unofficial track like Rifftrax, just never bought or sold. Added to legitimately purchased DVD rips should be acceptable.

Hopefully the following is a temperature gauge of the good nature of the group:

Someone’s upload of the ‘Viva Variety’ series has a comment:

Reviewer: DC41288 July 5, 2020

“Subject: I shared this with Kerri Kenney
She recently posted a picture from the show on Instagram and I sent her the link and she was super excited to get it. She had told me that she hadn’t seen the show in 22 years and It was impossible for her to find the show online.”