logo Sign In

Wanted: Scrubs Best Buy Bonus Disc Preservations - for a custom DVD edit

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anybody up to making a Best Buy Bonus Disc Preservation for Scrubs:Seasons 1 & 2 ? I just got into Scrubs and low and behold found out where when they 1st came out they got Best Buy Bonus Discs.

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"

"When Theres No More Room In Hell,The Dead Will Walk The Earth"
Author
Time
Living in Australia I find myself annoyed whenever there's a cool Best Buy bonus disc with new release DVDs. Sometimes that content makes its way over here but those are rare occasions. I own the first 3 seasons of Scrubs and Australia got shafted in terms of extras on season 3 - the official US set had more extras included than we got and that's disregarding any exclusive BB bonus disc. Anyway, I would love to get my hands on a number of Best Buy bonus discs; Scrubs and Seinfeld being at the top of the list. So, if this is allowed - I mean, are we allowed to share copies of out-of-print freebie discs? - then I would love to get copies of them.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
I was wondering that myself as I missed out on the Best Buy Scrubs disc and the recent BB bonus "The Story So Far..." DVD for Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5.
Author
Time
I forgot about the Boston Legal one with "The Practice" episodes. My brother wanted me to try and track that one down.

Anyway, if you want to see what other great discs we've all missed out on, you can check out DVD Fanboy.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
I brought this up awhile ago, but there didn't seem to be much interest.
But yeah, I think it's a great idea. It would be cool to offer all of the bonus discs that people miss or just don't have access to.
Honestly, I don't like these promotions. I think if people shell out money for a dvd set, they should get the same thing as everyone. I don't know why studios make deals with stores to sell exclusive discs. People should be able to buy from and support whatever store they want, without feeling like they missed out. I guess I can understand other things like lithographs, or mini posters, etc. But when it comes to the dvds, they should all be the same with all th extras.

Anyway, yeah, it's a great idea. I actually do have the two Scrubs bonus discs from Best Buy. I'd be happy to share those, along with other ones that I have. I will find all the ones that I've gotten and post the titles here. What discs do other people have?

-Jashun
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jashun44
But yeah, I think it's a great idea. It would be cool to offer all of the bonus discs that people miss or just don't have access to.
Honestly, I don't like these promotions. I think if people shell out money for a dvd set, they should get the same thing as everyone. I don't know why studios make deals with stores to sell exclusive discs. People should be able to buy from and support whatever store they want, without feeling like they missed out. I guess I can understand other things like lithographs, or mini posters, etc. But when it comes to the dvds, they should all be the same with all th extras.

Anyway, yeah, it's a great idea. I actually do have the two Scrubs bonus discs from Best Buy. I'd be happy to share those, along with other ones that I have. I will find all the ones that I've gotten and post the titles here. What discs do other people have?

-Jashun

I also HATE the fact that they do this! I buy a LOT of dvd's, including tons of DVD show seasons. It really pisses me off when I spend all that money on show sets and then find out that I'm missing these discs because I didn't buy it at a certain retailer. In particular, I'd love to get a hold of the Star Trek BB exclusives (especially the DS9 discs). If there's anyone here that could help me out with copies of those, I'd definitely appreciate it!
--Rick
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jashun44

-Jashun

Can you make a copy of the Scrubs Discs? I really want them. And I'm interested in your list.

Author
Time
I believe one of the hardest bonus discs to aqquire was and is the Friday the 13th R1 Boxset Best Buy bonus disc. Anyone have this?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jashun44Anyway, yeah, it's a great idea. I actually do have the two Scrubs bonus discs from Best Buy. I'd be happy to share those, along with other ones that I have. I will find all the ones that I've gotten and post the titles here. What discs do other people have? Originally posted by: RickWJ324
In particular, I'd love to get a hold of the Star Trek BB exclusives (especially the DS9 discs). If there's anyone here that could help me out with copies of those, I'd definitely appreciate it!

DS9 Season 4 BB Bonus disc, and Voyager Season 1 were posted to alt.binaries.multimedia.startrek 18 days ago, and 24 days ago, respectively... DVD rips, not messed up.

First time I've seen any BB B's, posted anywhere. Astonishing that they aren't torrented, or weren't previously posted to Usenet, as far as I can tell. And, no, I have never got to Best Buy within the rather narrow time frame, myself. (Which means, that I don't bother to buy my dvd's there, since they don't still have the disks. So there. Marketing geniuses, yeesh).

It'd be excellent to get these things shared around. I think that all torrents & newsgroup posts, that any of us might do, should have a unique, standardized, searchable code, like "BB-BD", by the way. And "WalBD", for that matter.

One day I found... 10 years had got behind me. Next day was worse.

Download  shows from Cable DVR (Updated! Yes, it needs a rewrite, but it's worth slogging through, anyway).

Author
Time
I have a copy of the Friday the 13th bonus disc, pm me if you want to trade.

B,
Author
Time
Someone willing to make a HUGE Bonus Disc Preservation project starting first with maybe Scrubs Seasons 1 & 2 Best Buy and the Family Guy Vol 4 Wal-Mart & Target Bonus Discs? I have to contribute as long as my discs were sent back......

BEST BUY
Open Water
Seinfeld Vol 1 & 2
Supernatural
Smallville
Pirates of the Carribeanead Man's Chest
Prison Break

WAL-MART
Waiting...
X-Men:Last Stand
Fantastic Four
Derailed
War of the Worlds
The Island
Star Wars Episode III

CIRCUIT CITY
Waiting...
Superman Returns

TARGET
My Name Is Earl:Season 1
Fantastic Four

SUNCOAST
Clerks II

And I'd also like to get the OOP Family Guy "Repackaging with shirt/bonus disc" Bonus Disc. And the Prison Break Target and Suncoast/FYE bonus discs.

Author
Time
I want the one that was with Superman Returns at Circuit City

And the two different ones for Cars at Wal-Mart and Target.
Author
Time
here is what i have and whats on each

Star Trek Voyager total running time 104min
S1-16min Star Trek the experience
S2-10min Designing the USS Voyager
S3-25min Creating the Voyager Crew/30th Aniversay Moments
S4-16min Red alert amazing visual effects/Voyager releace party
S5-12min Ships of the delta quadrant
S6-13min Star mapping the final frontier
S7-12min Inside Voyagers scenic art department

TOS total running time 43min
S1-12min Kiss and tellromance in the 23rd century
S2-17min Star Treks favorite moments
S3-14min Collectable trek

Enterprise S1-15min Celebrating Star Trek

If anyone has the other 3 for Enterprise, TNG, or DS9 those would be good also. If possable combine them into 1 disc per show

Captin Planet - Contains in the following order. Running time 96.16min
1. A river ran through it
2. A perfect world
3. Gorillas will be missed
4. Planeteers in action(not an ep of show)
5. The big clam up
6. Eco rap(also not an ep of show)

Cubix - Eps The unfixable robot and Lectrix.
Special features include Exclusivve bubble tunes music video, Cubix cast, and Cubix showdown game tips. Not sure anyone would want this.

Megaman NT Warrior - Ep Jack in Mega man and Previews for other kids wb shows

Heathcliff and Super Mario Bros. - Eps Kitten Smitten and Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopas

South Park - First ep Cartman gets an anal probe its 28 min long all done in construction paper. 0 computers were used for shots

Prison Break - Mobisodes from best buy there is also one from target that I dont have. If some else has it might be a good idea to combine them onto one disc

Liquid Telivison - 12 mins of the show was given away with aeon flux cartoon from ciricut city. just a bunch of random clips.

Sleepaway Camp 4 - From the box set and has fotage from number 4 that never finished

Hellboy - Sneek preview of the movie plus movie and dvd trailers about 10 min long

IFC channel - Promo for 3 new shows one ep of each. Hopeless Pictures, The Festival, and Greg the Bunny

My Name is Earl - From best buy has 3 or 4 songs on it

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - Soundtrack with 6 songs from the delux edt.
Author
Time
AFAIK, I have the following and am willing to trade people for them:

Megaman NT Warrior - Ep Jack in Mega man and Previews for other kids wb shows

Planet of the Apes remake bonus dvd

YuuYuu Hakusho Fan Favorites dvd (game preorder disc)

Steamboy Bonus Disc DVD (2005)

South Park The Original Unaired Pilot DVD (2003) - I actually reauthored this disk to have chapter breaks since the original did not

Rome S1 preview dvd

Rome S2 preview dvd

HBO preview dvd (4 eps of various series)

I know I have more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Seem to have alot of those "WB season preview" disks laying around all over.

I've got better things to do tonight than die! - Springer, Transformers the Movie

Author
Time
Could you please tell me what's on that 'POTA Remake' bonus DVD?

Author
Time
Originally posted by: klokwerk
Could you please tell me what's on that 'POTA Remake' bonus DVD?

There was a disc from Circuit City but it was a CD-Rom. Not a DVD.
Author
Time
 (Edited)
Hey, sorry for the necromancy, but this thread was the one that lead me to these forums. I have to say that I am quite impressed with the efforts being made by the fans here.

The Scrubs bonus discs are nigh impossible to find, the same can be said for many of the other retailer exclusives. As such, I would like to offer up a list of bonus discs in my possession.

*Lost S1,2&3: Best Buy & Wal-Mart DVDs
*My Name Is Earl S1: Best Buy CD & Target DVD
*The Office S2&3: Target DVD
*Heroes S1: Target DVD
*Ugly Betty S1: Target DVD
*Dexter S1: Target DVD
*Freaks And Geeks: Discs 7 & 8 from the Special Limited Yearbook Set
*Borat Preview DVD w/ deleted scenes & features not found on the regular release.
*Pirates of the Caribbean 1,2&3: The Lost Disc & Best Buy DVD's
*Hairspray: Circuit City Preview DVD, Wal-Mart Bonus DVD & Promotional Teaser DVD for the Broadway Show
*Sleepaway Camp Boxset: Best Buy DVD w/ footage from unfinished 4th film.
*Harry Potter 5 Movie Trunk Set: Bonus DVD w/ multiple features.
*Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix: Target Exclusive DVD
*Family Guy Blue Harvest: DVD w/ 3D footage.
*Family Guy Repackage w/ T-shirt: Bonus DVD
*Family Guy Off The Cutting Room Floor
*Family Guy Vol. 4: Wal-Mart exclusive DVD

*The Thief & The Cobbler Recobbled and various other cuts of the film.
*A plethora of John Waters/Divine/Edith Massey rarities
*Song of the South: Uncut with all sorts of extras, very clean transfer and no burned in subs
Author
Time

How can some of these discs be gotten? Are they torrented anywhere?

Currently looking for the following preservations: V8 A Final Attempt by Arnie.D, Pre-ANH Bootleg Telecine, Starkiller '77 bootleg, LD OT by Cowclops, LD OT by Dr. Gonzo, LD OT by Farsight, LD OT by ISOMIX, LD OT by Dark/Sega Take 1, TPM Theatrical by Adywan, OT - Deliberate Creative, OCPMovie's Classic Editions, Pan & Scan O-OT Project, LD OT by EditDroid, Lucasfilm Pwnage Editions, Negative1 CED Preservations, Starkiller CED Preservation, Rowman bonus discs, BLAK0004, BLAK0009, BLAK0010, BLAK0016, BLAK0017, BLAK0029, BLAK0040, BLAK0046, BLAK0047-0050. Also a good preservation of the 97 SEs.

Author
Time

Does anyone have the Crash bonus disc?  I believe it was from Best Buy?

Author
Time

Sorry to Necro such an old thread, but I managed to get the S2 Bonus Disc and all its special features.

disc

disc

Someone on Reddit bought the disc and uploaded it to Archive.org. I grabbed it when I could but I don’t think it’s still up there. If anyone is interested, I can reupload it.

The Season 1 disc is still missing, so if anyone is able to find that too, it would make a great match.