logo Sign In

Help Wanted: Lost Marx Brothers Movie! - The Incredible Jewel Robbery - a preservation?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

No this is not Humor Risk (which is forever lost since the brothers burned the only copy), this is called:

The Incredible Jewel Robbery

Description:

The Incredible Jewel Robbery was a 30 minute TV special broadcast by CBS on 8 March 1959. It was the last television appearance together of the three Marx Brothers. Harpo and Chico plot to pull off a jewel heist in a totally wordless twenty minute sequence.
http://web.telia.com/~u66002771/jewel.htm

This gem hasnt been released for some decades.

Any help with this one?

Author
Time
Clips of it can be found in the documentary The Unknown Marx Brothers and I think Mixed Nuts. It isn't realy that good and Groucho only appears at the very end. It's also available on 8mm.

I think the unfinished Marx Pilot 'The Deputy Seraph' is more worthy of a preservation. I would lvoe to get my hands on that.
Author
Time
Thanks, that's where I first saw the clips but it isn't exactly good enough for a preservation.
Author
Time
No it isnt

Any help with this one boys and girls?

Thanks
Author
Time
Is Karl Marx in this one?
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
Nobody is a fan of the MARX BROTHERS?

I found one place to get a digital transfer of this

CLICK

But, of course this isnt an official transfer, most likely from the originally released mm copy.
Author
Time
I could have sworn this was a bonus included on a Marx Brothers box set I saw in the store recently.

--SKot

Projects:
Return Of The Ewok and Other Short Films (with OCPmovie) [COMPLETED]
Preserving the…cringe…Star Wars Holiday Special [COMPLETED]
The Star Wars TV Commercials Project [DORMANT]
Felix the Cat 1919-1930 early film shorts preservation [ONGOING]
Lights Out! (lost TV anthology shows) [ONGOING]
Iznogoud (1995 animated series) English audio preservation [ONGOING]

Author
Time
I have both sets... ill check it out.. brb