logo Sign In

NightHawks (1987 X-Men / Pryde of the X-Men Video to DVD) (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

FAN PRESERVATION

THE UNCANNY X-MEN 20th Anniversary Edition

Because of my love for the original Uncanny X-Men comics I have transfered my original 1987 X-Men / Pryde of the X-Men Video to DVD.
This was a proposed failed pilot series narrated by Stan Lee. After re-working it a few years later X-Men the Animated Series was lauched.

What I love about this version is it is closer to the comics books in the character styles and for me closer to what I always thought they sounded like in my head. I have transfered this to go along with the great Animated series V0l- 1 - 4 showing up on My Spleen, they have done a spectacular job to the series and I hope this honors that. I have also dug out my original Pizza Hut give-away tapes that included two five minute round table discussion by Stan lee and others discussing what it took to get the animated Series luached and the direction it is going to take. I was un-happy when the discussions weren’t on the Vol-1 DVD that was released. I have also cleaned up the video and color corrected the picture and cleaned the audio.
Here is some info on the release.

This is my first transfer that will be creator catalog. Also included is the Pizza Hut give away comic book scans as well as the OOP and very rare UNCANNY X-men FIRST APPEARANCE ANNUAL FROM MARVEL. SCANS TO COME.

I hope you enjoy the THE UNCANNY X-MEN

Mitch

INFO:

A failed pilot episode based on the same Marvel comic book series that spawned the 2000 box-office blockbuster X-Men, this short animated film was originally a pilot for a planned animated program that was never picked up. Narrated by comic book legend Stan Lee and directed by Ray Lee, the man behind such classic 1980s cartoons as G.I. Joe and Jem!, X-Men introduces audiences to the titular mutated superheroes by highlighting the initial induction of Kitty Pryde (aka Shadow Cat) into the elite organization. Featuring the voice talents of Michael Bell and Neil Ross, X-Men was also released under the title Pryde of the X-Men. ~ Matthew Tobey, All Movie Guide

The X-Men Creators’ Choice, Vol. 1 and 2 December 1993

PROMO WITH:
Pizza Hut

Video x2 Creators’ Choice 1 - Night of the Sentinels
X-Men Creators’ Choice #2 - Enter Magneto and Deadly Renuions

Mini comic measuring only 3 ¾" x 6½" with 12 pages. Came packaged with a video titled Creators’ Choice 1 - Night of the Sentinels, plus a trading card, as part of a promotion with Pizza Hut. The mini comic also contains a bound-in fold-out poster. This is No.1 of a two-issue series, the second issue being X-Men Creators’ Choice #2.
\

DISC DETAILS

Type…: DVD Movie
Platform…: VIDEO_TS & DVD-Rom Folders
Burn Tested…: Yes
Video Format…: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/ 1.33.1/NTSC
Audio Format…: MPEG 2.0 (192 Kbps)
Size…: 3.14 GB

RELEASE DETAILS

Release Date 3/7/ 2006

Genre…: Animation
Type…: OOP VHS transfers
Source…: 1987 New World Home Video / OOP Saban Entertainment Video
Disc Creator[s]…: NIGHTHAWKS PRESERAVATION SOCIETY
Creator Catalog…: CS1001

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
and if no one cares I'll have it for myslef..lol

I am also working on my dubs of the alternate versions of the X-Men Animated series..

There were many production delays leading up to the premiere of X-Men in the fall of 1992. The show was originally going to premiere over the Labor Day weekend at the beginning of September, but it was soon pushed to the end of October. The "Night of the Sentinels" two-parter was rushed to the air and billed as a "sneak preview" even though it truly wasn't ready for broadcast. Consequently, there were many animation errors in these two episodes. However, they were corrected when FOX re-aired the pilot in early 1993. The original version has never been rebroadcast, so the following deleted scenes, changes, and additions cannot be found on any VHS release or ABC Family Channel rerun.

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Nice to see another project about the 1992 X-Men series . I am a part of a project to transfer the whole series (including the pilot) to DVD with dual languages and our current snag is finding the latin american dubs (made by mexican company Intertrak if I'm not mistaken). I'd really appreciate it if you could try to help us finding those.

Those Pizza Hut giveaway tapes sound like a great thing to include in our project in the extras section, could you please upload a completely unfiltered capture to a webspace I have available?
Author
Time
You know I saw those at a place called MOJO sounds in San Dego. I think one was dubbed in Espaniol.. I'll check Monday and let you knwo.. i thinkit was Night of the Sentinals

Author
Time
Sounds interesting. I've never seen this before.
Author
Time
Byakko
This disc could pissibly be added as a supplement to your collection as I have already released this disc. I stated above that I love your collection so far and I wouldn't mind if it could be added as a supplement disc to your series. My offical release date is Ie: release date 3/7/2006 restored

If you want to copy the transfers from the disc and add them to your project that would be fine also, just give me credit for the idea in the credits section for the work and the idea.. peac4e

I actually anm sending copies to Revernbeastly, Fanfiltration, OCPmovie and Rikter for there help and patience with me on other projects.

Also Byakko, I noticed on your original -Season One release you had station FOX Station ID"S on your EPISODE copies..YOU COPIED THEM DIRECTLY FROM TV - for and upgrade I could send you transfers of

Night of the Sentinels and Enter Magneto and Deadly Reunions

All four of these Episodes are clean transfers and have no station ID's and no commercial cuts..Something to think about... oh ya!! and IN STEREO......

Author
Time
The collection available on MySpleen is not from the project I'm a part of, remember? I told you that on the third post of my project's thread.
I appreciate your offer of including your whole disc in our set, but it's not necessary as we already have the official VHS with the pilot. The Pizza Hut tapes unfiltered captures would be a great thing to include though.
Author
Time
OK!! so you do not get more confused, my DVD pilot is the 1987 X-men Unaired Failed Pilot sometimes called the Pryde of the X-Men

As for the official Animated Series 1992 pilot there was another version = I think I confused you somehow.

an alternate pilot version, original airing , that is what i am talking about..read more on my friends homepage here....

http://hometown.aol.com/drg4/x.html?f=fs

Author
Time
Sending a copy to me, eh? Neat. Never seen this.

You'd get a lot less confusion if you just referred to this as Pryde of the X-Men. Most everyone knows what THAT is!
Author
Time
I'm thrilled to hear this news!! I thought I was going to have to eventually back it up to DVD myself.