logo Sign In

Waterworld ABC Cut? A ton of info - see McFly's posts for details (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Has anyone got this cut which contains around 40mins of extra footage?

Author
Time
I do, but I've been trying to get a 2-DVD set that's out there that was made from a digital cable broadcast. It's out there.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Sometimes, people still want to get in touch with me about something, and that is great! If that describes you, please email me at [my username]ATgmailDOTcom.

Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: ReverendBeastly
I do, but I've been trying to get a 2-DVD set that's out there that was made from a digital cable broadcast. It's out there.

I have a link that offers a PAYPAL button but I'm not sure the guy is still doing it as his OLD email is bouncing my email - anyone wanna try the link??

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Technically it's better to seek out the extended cut that aired on the Encore/Starz cable channels since its commercial-free and has all the profanity/violence un-edited. The ABC cut was censored.

I remember about 3-4 years ago Encore was running this extended cut frequently and I watched it a couple of times. It really is much better than the theatrical version and adds a lot more depth to the characters and the world they live in. I would love to get this preserved. From what I've heard, it seems unlikely that we'll ever get it on an official DVD given the animosity between Costner and Reynolds over the directing of the film. However they seemed to get along well during their commentary track for the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves special edition DVD that came out 2 yrs ago, so who knows...
Author
Time
I have the (encore movie channel) presentation which is without commercials breaks, it is a full video cut. very clean... I'll send it to you Rikter in the next box of goodie movies.. btw! the first box is Fed-Ex to you to arrive on Monday.. ( look for it) So I will throw the 3 hour cut of Waterworld in the4 next box.

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Wow that's great to hear that someone has it. I hope Rikter can author it and get it posted to Myspleen. I've been eager to watch this again for a long time now.

I wish I could find someone out there that has the extended TV version of Ron Howard's "Far and Away" which is like 30-40 minutes longer than the theatrical version. I've only heard about it and have never seen it.
Author
Time
OH man, I sure will!!!!!!!!!!

NOW, I need to get another TBC

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
I have the extend version fo Far and Away TV cut as well which includes the extra 45 mins... lol!!! you hit the jack pot< i guess I'll send that one to Rik also..

what I really am looking fot hough is the TV CUT of Braveheart, that is my holy grail

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
That's great news! Do you recall what channel it was originally aired on, and when? How's the picture quality on it?
Author
Time
I have this... two discs, full screen (cut-and-zoomed crap, not open matte, unfortunately), terrible quality.

Interesting footage, though.

Here's a shot of the extended Everest scene:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8559/collage3dh.jpg

I have a printable cover backed up somewhere, too.

The worst fault of this cut : not even one extended underwater scene with more sunken cities.
Author
Time
Is yours the censored ABC cut or the uncensored cable version that aired on Encore/Starz?
Author
Time
As for Far and Away, it is the Encore version..full cut in 9.5 quality

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mitch
As for Far and Away, it is the Encore version..full cut in 9.5 quality

That's great! I didn't know it aired on Encore. I thought the extended version only aired on network TV.

Author
Time
Mitch, I really can't wait for DVD releases of some of your tapes. Amazing collection you've got on your hands!

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Sometimes, people still want to get in touch with me about something, and that is great! If that describes you, please email me at [my username]ATgmailDOTcom.

Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
what I really am looking fot hough is the TV CUT of Braveheart, that is my holy grail

WOW! there's a different cut of braveheart? What are the changes?

Fez: I am so excited about Star Whores.
Hyde: Fezzy, man, it's Star Wars.
Author
Time
see internet movie database fot eh details

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mitch
see internet movie database fot eh details

There's no info about another cut of braveheart at imdb.com

Fez: I am so excited about Star Whores.
Hyde: Fezzy, man, it's Star Wars.
Author
Time
Mitch has tons of stuff that need DVD transfers, I can't wait to see some of this stuff!

Jay
Don't Make Me Destroy You!
Author
Time
Originally posted by: cashiers
How about a nice version of the CON AIR TV cut?

What's different about it? How much longer is it?
Author
Time
Not sure of the exact expanded running time but there's a whole relationship between Cusack and a woman (Ginny?) left on the cutting room floor.
Expands a few other scenes as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118880/alternateversions

Cashiers du Cinemart - The Only Magazine That Matters
http://www.cashiersducinemart.com

Author
Time
I need that one, that one hard to get ;-( Con Air TV

Author
Time
I saw this a while back and this thread reminded me of it. just found it again while cleaning out my email boxhttp://www.petitiononline.com/sirtodd/

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post