logo Sign In

team negative1 - star wars 1977 - 35mm theatrical version (Released) — Page 26

Author
Time

Hey people,

Just to stop all the conjecture. We are still very, very busy with this project. The blog became less of priority for the time being.

In fact, we've made several advances with upgrading our transfer process, and have been evaluating the impact on the work we've done so far.

We are being less vocal about it, because as it has been said, there is a lot more scrutiny going on.

We know you will be very happy about what we've got done so far, and in fact we are ahead of where we thought we be at this point in time.

Most of us have been very busy with real life, jobs, and family. Sometimes, we just have to take a break from everything. But never fear, as we are getting back into it, and will have more to report shortly.

May the Force be with You.

Team Negative1

Author
Time

Great to hear this radical project is still very much alive. Can't wait to watch a whole new organic print of the original version.

Author
Time

That is GREAT news!  I am very happy to hear that the work continues on and that all is well… ;)

Author
Time

Yaaaay!!

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time

EXCELLENT NEWS !!!

Thanks for sharing and give us HOPE !
Our last hope !

Author
Time

In the famous words of Anakin Skywalker:  "Yippee!"

Author
Time

Hello again everyone, we just wanted to apologize for the slow responses, and

also to those people that requested blog access. As you know it is down,

and will not be returning in that form. We think we showed you

our intent, and gave plenty of examples of progress to prove that

it was in fact, a real and healthy project. We hope you enjoyed that inside

look into our process and progress.

Furthermore, we will back at some point in the future, in another

form. Can't say exactly what it will be at the moment. Not to look past Star

Wars, as that is our main priority.

But with the advances we have in our capture equipment, and setup.

We now know that Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi will

be a lot quicker to complete.

We also have a dolby sound processor to capture the audio accurately

and properly. We have obtained further prints of Empire that are much

cleaner and have more accurate colors than our previous ones. 

Consequently, this will speed up the process whenever we get around

to that.

Thanks for the communities support and to everyone following us, and we will

be sure to update everyone as the appropriate time and project milestones are

met.

Team Negative1

Author
Time

Huzzah!

Author
Time

Yay! Thanks for the update, -1!

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

Thanks for the update!

So did you guys go back and recapture Star Wars after you made advances with your equipment?  I was thinking that you sold your print a while back but couldn't remember for sure.

“In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.” - George Lucas

Author
Time

I'm bummed that the website seems to be permanently down. But I really think that to avoid a total shutdown from legal action that the raw film scans needs to be shared as widely as possible. If it is everywhere, they can't stop it. I want to see their final product, but I also want to see some other interpretations based on this scan. It should replace the GOUT for all of us who love this film.

Author
Time

team_negative1 said:

Furthermore, we will back at some point in the future, in another

form.

Are you Doctor Who?

Author
Time

yotsuya said:

But I really think that to avoid a total shutdown from legal action that the raw film scans needs to be shared as widely as possible. If it is everywhere, they can't stop it.

I don't think that's going to be a problem. I'm sure 24 hours of one single torrent would be enough to keep it alive for many years (though I suppose it might take longer to download than a typical DVD-shrink).

This signature uses Markdown syntax, which makes it easy to add formatting like italics, bold, and lists:

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Usenet all the way, baby.

After being uploaded once to a single Usenet server the files will be propagated to thousands of other binary-accepting Usenet servers, many of which don't comply with US Law Enforcement.

It's a real-deal global decentralized redundant backup.

... and it's cheap, too!

Author
Time

Yay! It lives!

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

SpilkaBilka said:

Well, here's hoping they do release the raw scans they've been sitting on for a while, before it's too late.

While I too am really excited to see the fruits of team negative1's efforts (just like I suppose EVERYONE keeping tabs on this thread), please do keep in mind that within the past week team_negative1 has replied twice to this thread HERE and (less than 48 hours ago) HERE to assure us that the effort is alive, well, and continuing forward.

I certainly can't speak for them, but I know that I find when I'm busy working on something and people around me just won't stop bugging me about it…it can become annoying rather quickly.  I am confident that team negative1 will continue to update us as to their progress (as they just recently re-affirmed to us) and I am sure that they will continue to work cooperatively in providing some "early access" raw source materials to deserving projects such as Harmy's Despecialized editions.

Yes, this represents quite an exciting and compelling project for which fans of the OOT can hardly wait to see…but let's be mindful enough to not crowd the good folks that are working diligently to deliver our collective opiate. ;)

(No offense intended to anyone here, I just thought it needed to be said.)

Signed,

-Event Security Staff

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Thanks again, for all the support and questions.

Since we aren't using a blog anymore. We will try to answer whatever questions come up here when we can.

===================================================

1) First of all, it was probably overlooked in the 2nd post due to

the excitement, but a fairly major thing was mentioned that we

haven't talked about before. I'm surprised no one brought it up.

Hint:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4459/rfr6.th.jpg

2) We're aware and in contact with poita for the 4k scanner. This may be a factor down the road. But we have all the data we need for now for the films, and we've already made quite a bit of progress with them.

Maybe in the future 4k versions will be needed, but not until we currently finish up what we have.

3) The raw scans will be available if you provide the drives, that was the plan due to the sheer size of them (several Terabytes). I'm sure someone might try to share them afterwards.

Possible legal action or timing has no effect on this, we're not concerned about that aspect of it.

4) About recapturing the prints. Yes, we've done some recaptures of several parts to improve them. And although the print was sold, we still have access to it anytime we needed it. We also have several more resources for the other films in addition to what we already had, with vastly improved results.

5) We're busy, but now we have time to keep some updates going here, just to keep people informed. So, if you have further questions that haven't been answered yet, keep posting, and we'll see what we can do.

Team Negative1

Author
Time

Ooooh! Return of the Jedi! My favorite!

I'm excited!!!

Author
Time

Will we finally have Lapti Nek in HD?  Could it be?

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Just amazing. Will you guys be releasing one film at a time or all at once?