logo Sign In

Info Wanted: is there any prequel edits that get rid off a lot of the problems but still works with both of the clone wars series? if not can someone do that?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Read The Guide to Proper Spelling & Punctuation. It worked wonders on my literacy -- it'll work wonders on yours, too!

Author
Time

Also read the board titles. There is a whole board dedicated to fan editing and it's not this one.

Author
Time

Awesome. I so enjoyed his persistent questions on other people's threads. Now he has his own thread......and it is one giant question! 

So, jedimasterobiwan...

Why don't you do your own edit? 

When will it exist?

When will it be released? 

If not, why not?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Let me answer your question. No,there aren't any, because the two series contradict each other. (In the 2005 series, Grievous gets his cough in a battle taking place almost immediately before episode 3. In the new series, he always had it. Also, how Ventress becomes Dooku's apprentice differs between the two shows.)

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time

So, there are some inconsistencies that will never be resolved. That must really mess with your OCD.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

i don't watch all of the 2d series anymore just the episodes that can fit like anakin turning into a jedi knight stuff like. that unless all of that was change and anakin turning into a jedi knight is canon in comic or novel now in that case the 2d series is no longer canon for me then.

Author
Time

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question (which I most likely am), the edit you want sounds very subjective. I mean, what do you mean by problems? Do you mean problems like just general continuity errors in the movies themselves, such as Palpatine saying something about 1,000 years instead of generations? Do you want the boring or pointless scenes removed? Or, do you just want moments contradicting the Clone Wars series to be removed? Regardless of which, it's a very subjective project because things that might be considered problems for you may not be considered problems for the editor. Anyways, I'm not sure if you just want Clone Wars contradiction "problems" removed, or if you want a prequel edit that makes the movies watchable (i.e. The Phantom Edit), but still fits with the Clone Wars.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

He wants what he wants and wants someone else to do it for him.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

He wants what he wants and wants someone else to do it for him.

It is my pleasure to inform you that you were selected for this honour.

真実

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind what was asking for is an edit that gets rid of the thing that makes the movies unenjoyable the cringe worthy moments. but doesn't screw up continuity with the clone wars series.

Author
Time

Keep in mind that the Hal 9000 edit uses deleted scenes. Before Disney the deleted scenes were canon as long as they didn't contradict the actual movie or its sequals/prequals. Now that we are in the Disney era, it is unclear if those deleted scenes are canon or not.

One thing is clear, the 2005 clone wars series is definately NOT canon.

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Danfun128 so what about anakin's jedi knight hood episode is that no longer canon ether and c3p0 showing off his gold plating.