logo Sign In

Yellow Harvest (ROTJ Fan Edit) (* unfinished project *)

Author
Time

Don't feed the troll, please...

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time

I'd say your signature should fit your situation here very well, Fish.

Author
Time

What the hell has happened to this place? Not at all the same as it used to be years ago...sigh

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time

Trolls are everywhere, V.  Some places WE'D be the trolls.

So, how long till Ziggy freaks out and admits it's him?

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time

Oh, boy! Just can't wait to see some more of those fine "skillz" in action!!

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time

I wouldn't worry about it too much; he's just trolling...

Author
Time
 (Edited)
vbangle said:

What the hell has happened to this place? Not at all the same as it used to be years ago...sigh

Without hijacking this thread too much, I cannot agree more.

I hang around here as it is the place to be because I want the best versions possible of the films I saw back in 77, 80 and 83. I do not dislike what Mr Lucas did in 1997 and 2004 but it was not what I first saw. Many people despise, even hate Mr Lucas for doing what he did to those films and that he should have left them alone.

Fast forward to today and this board (ironically called originaltrilogy.com) is packed with people doing their own versions of the OT or PT, doing what Mr Lucas has done but many times worse! To me, they are all raping these films so why is this one any worse.

I do not agree with or like these edits but I do respect individuals rights to do them. However, I do not understand how some people can treat some of these editors like gods yet be so spitefull to others??

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Honestly though projects like Paint Wars http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Paint-Wars-A-New-Hope/topic/6921/etc don't actually do any harm.

As I posted before (in relation to Janskeet, I wonder what happened to him?) something of accidental brilliiance might come out of things like this. Though going by the footage I doubt it.

Just as long as there is no confusing mislabelling and due permission has been sought, this sort of thing is no different than a lot of other announced edits out there (most of which never turn into anything).

If the board rules are broken the mods will sort it out, if the content is somehow offensive just ignore it.

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Bingowings said:

something of accidental brilliiance might come out of things like this.

like these? probably not..... :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkd9IEKH3jM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyCjQRsPSDU, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNYjhuQOiI

John Williams score to Return of the Jedi Remastered/Remixed:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/JOHN-WILLIAMS-Star-Wars-Episode-VI-Return-of-the-Jedi-Remastered-Edition/topic/14606/page/1/

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Not quite.

The use of the Emperor's Theme in that sequence makes a great deal of sense and your mock up edit proves it.

The other two in my opinion prove a point too, that neither of those sound additions add anything to the scene but having someone like yourself try it demonstrates what it would be like with them in much better than any mental speculation.

But that was down to some hard work on your part and not by the accidental throwing together of elements or from someone taking something you did that didn't quite work and expanding into something that works really well.

I have no problem with you doing this sort of thing (in fact I welcome it greatly) as long as you remain mindful of how it is labelled and ask permission to use other people's work.

Taking down the scribbled on poster was also a wise move as people are more likely to treat what you are doing seriously.

May I also add you're editing is showing much improvement compared to your earlier efforts, though your green crawl is in serious need of a redo.

Author
Time

If your change doesn't work because of the limitiations of the tools at your disposal either change tools or don't do the change.

A lot of people on here don't use macs (in fact Ady is rather vocal about refusing to use one).

That shouldn't be an excuse.

Author
Time

Why did you edit the cantina scene at all? What was wong with it before? Now it just jumps forward incoherently.

Author
Time

fishmanlee, once again you have failed to respect something i asked you to do. So i think i should remind you about something i said in the ESB:R thread...

adywan said:

You didn't want to read the word? What, would your head explode or your world collapse if you saw a swear word? yet you seem fine to come into a forum where swearing isn't filtered? What a crock of bull. That's because there was no swearing in my post and you can't back up the argument with the supposed word i used. But even if it did have a swear word then why delete it? Others can have the "swear filter" enabled if they object to swearing and you have it applied so you wouldn't have to see it.   Just admit that it was because you didn't like the negative comment i gave and called you out about yet again trying to pass off someone else's work as your own, but with just a few bad cuts. Your edits are just hacked up messes without any thought put into them so i would kindly like to ask you NOT to use any of my footage for your work. It's embarrassing what you are doing to them. Please respect my wishes and use either the GOUT, 2004 DVD's or your own work for your clips and edits.

You do realise that youtubes filter removes words like "hell" & "damn" amongst others don't you? Is that swearing? no

One lie and bad excuse after another to cover your back.

Goodbye.

Could you STOP using Revisited as a basis for your edits. Again you fail to listen to anything anyone says. But you are supposed to have "skillz"? well where are they?

I have given you my reasons why i don't want you using my work for your edits. What you are doing can easily be done with the original versions of Star Wars. There is no need whatsoever to use the Revisited version. I won't ask you as politely again

Don't make me angry. you wouldn't like me when i'm angry ;)

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
Bingowings said:

A lot of people on here don't use macs (in fact Ady is rather vocal about refusing to use one).

I know he doesn't use a Mac, but I don't remember any specific reason why. What's the big deal? :p

Anyway, um...interesting thread. :s I notice a telling comment in the cantina scene video: "Star Wars as you'll never wanna/wansta see it again" Then...what's the point of all this? Doing it for yourself is one thing, but presenting it for everyone is just going to result in a lot of negativity in some cases.

I did think Luke's new scream was kinda neat (I'd still go with silence), but then I see the hacked up cantina scene (and the comment made in the info section) and wonder what the deal is. Most people will not watch a movie that chopped up just to see if there are any neat moments in it.

This whole style can work well as a YouTube clipfest, but if you're expecting people to download a DVD-9 someday, you might have a very hard time convincing them to do so.

My crazy vinyl LP blog

My dumberer blog

My Retro blog

Author
Time

Then...what's the point of all this?

In a nutshell, he thrives on attention, and people were starting to ignore him. This is his version of jumping up and down in a spotlight yelling, "Look at me!! Look at me!! I want more attention!!"

Author
Time
Ripplin said:
Bingowings said:

I know he doesn't use a Mac, but I don't remember any specific reason why. What's the big deal? :p

my answer: http://alienryderflex.com/crawl/

ok now
adywan
i have already finished ROTR and am working on ALR now, ALR will not use anything that has been released from ESB:R or anything from it in the future same as ROTJ now the sabers will be re-rotoscoped myself and some audio things added among some of the other things i will do

now when i started ROTR i had just seen Shadows of the old republic and so i wanted to create a Shadows of the NEW republic (or someother name) so the cuts were not so good than i went back updated the source files (they were youtube downloads) with VOB/AVIs and changed the cuts, also it was a test for combining sources and obtaining sources, i also was making it at camp and my computer speed was annoying me also.

John Williams score to Return of the Jedi Remastered/Remixed:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/JOHN-WILLIAMS-Star-Wars-Episode-VI-Return-of-the-Jedi-Remastered-Edition/topic/14606/page/1/

Author
Time
fishmanlee said:

ok now
adywan
i have already finished ROTR and am working on ALR now, ALR will not use anything that has been released from ESB:R or anything from it in the future same as ROTJ now the sabers will be re-rotoscoped myself and some audio things added among some of the other things i will do

So, you are not prepared to remove any footage that you used of ANH:R for ROTR, even though i asked you NOT to use ANH:R when you started this  edit and posted the preview clip on youtube. At that time you stated it was a planned edit and wasn't finished and i asked you then not to use it after seeing what you were doing. Then you decided to delete all my comments on your videos, giving a bad excuse in saying that i was swearing, and in those comments i asked you not to use my work. You also seem to be deleting anyone else's comments in your videos where they have said about you not stating that the video source was ANH:R and that you were trying to pass it off as your own. Please don't try and lie to me again because you aren't cleaver enough to delete your own comments when you replied to these comments by other people.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You have since deleted any comment i made on your videos.

All you have done is hacked up Star Wars with ROTR with no thought put into it so why is it so difficult for you to redo it before you release it but this time using the official DVDs as a source? How long would it take you to redo what you have done already? by the looks of things 10 minutes.

You call it "Star Wars as you'll never wanna/wansta see it again". That is a pure insult to all the work i have done. There was no reason for you to use my edit for something like this.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

All of you are just jealous of fishshit's mad skillz.

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.