logo Sign In

X-Men: the animated series (1992-1997) (Released) — Page 3

Author
Time
All.

Maybe reupping the black level after would help.
Author
Time
Here's another set of source pictures for menu and label designs:

http://www7.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=12081
Author
Time
Ok, here's the result from a third filterchain:

[URL=http://imageshack.us]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7374/after34er.png[/URL]

Please compare it to the other two and tell me which one you prefer.
Author
Time
The last one looks like the best of both worlds.
Author
Time
Thanks for the feedback .

Anyone else?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: ThatArtGuy
The last one looks like the best of both worlds.

Yep, it is the best choice for filters. Also agree with what ThatArtGuy said a couple posts up.
Byakko, keep up the good work.
Author
Time
I see, thanks for the feedback . Again, you can help us greatly by looking for the latin american dubs (made by mexican company Intertrak if I'm not mistaken) every now and then in all the places you can think of.
Author
Time
Somewhere I have the VHS tapes of the first four episodes on two tapes that have Stan Lee interviews before them. They are from some restaurant, actually. Taco Bell I think? I also have a Video CD that was made for the Philips CD-i system of the first two episodes.

I just found one of the tapes: X-Men Creators' Choice 2: Enter Magneto and Deadly Reunions. From the back cover: "This tape contains an exclusive five minute round-table discussion featuring famous Marvel personalities; Stann Lee, Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicieza, and Bob Harras."
Author
Time
That's great . Please PM me so we can work something out.
Author
Time
Well, I'll be trying a new, better halo removal method soon. Also, a huffyuv encode of the last filterchain showed a little noise, so some slight denoising will be added. Stay tuned for at least one more round of comparison pictures .
Author
Time
Originally posted by: marioxb
Somewhere I have the VHS tapes of the first four episodes on two tapes that have Stan Lee interviews before them. They are from some restaurant, actually. Taco Bell I think? I also have a Video CD that was made for the Philips CD-i system of the first two episodes.

I just found one of the tapes: X-Men Creators' Choice 2: Enter Magneto and Deadly Reunions. From the back cover: "This tape contains an exclusive five minute round-table discussion featuring famous Marvel personalities; Stann Lee, Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicieza, and Bob Harras."

There are 2 five minute roundtable discussions on the pizza hut tapes.

two tapes total....5 min. on each tape.

i have them both if needed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/bgiffen/bigbluerig.jpg
Author
Time
Yeah, Pizza Hut. I said Taco Bell by mistake. I still can't find Volume 1, but I transfered the segment from vol. 2 to dvd-rw with my set top recorder and sent it to Byakko via rapidshare. I'm sure he'd like vol. 1 as well.
Author
Time
That Pizza Hut Editor's Choice Vol2 tape is proving to be quite difficult to obtain a watchable encode from, I love a good challenge . Once I get decent results, I'll post a link to a 320x240 Xvid + Vorbis version for you guys to watch.
Author
Time
I know my sources weren't the greatest. The original is an EP VHS. Look forward to your results.
Author
Time
Has anyone had any luck finding stuff?
Author
Time
While I haven't posted in this thread much, or often, I have been asking around and searching occasionally for the spanish dubs. No luck so far I'm afraid.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Thanks for the effort anyway, and keep your hopes up .
Author
Time
Well I've been searching the netherrealms of this site and posting on every old seemingly abandoned thread where the idea present is something I like just to see if there would be any renewed interest from the community or how the project is going in general, and this is a project I am interested in, so how are things going?
Author
Time
I don't know how thing are going on here but I have all 3 Dvds from Myspleen and made the other 2 seasons on dvd

ill trade if anyone is interested... maybe someone can get special features and add em or something
Author
Time
I've gotten all the eps as well but I was more interested in all the filtering and restorative work that was going into this project, it would be nice to see these in better quality then what I have seen as being available!
Author
Time
i got the complete X-Men series on DVD a couple of years ago from [DELETED URL]
the quality was prety good. it even had Pyde of the X-Men included.

Join the dark side… and get a free cookie!

Author
Time
Good news, I managed to find spanish versions that seem to have decent quality MP2 audio. We also found out that the episodes being aired on TV in the U.S are of much better quality than the commercial VHS (), at least they don't have to be manually IVTCed. So, I only have to save some money to buy those and we'll finally be starting the process.
Author
Time
Did you manage to get the Pizza Hut tape interviews and other extra materials?
Author
Time
Nope, I only got part 2 of the Pizza Hut interviews from marioxb and deleted it some time ago. It would be great to have the two parts and whatever other mterials you guys can get.