logo Sign In

Why Do You Pretend You're Not Online?

Author
Time

I enjoy cyberstalking OT.com as much as the next weirdo.  So you who hide your online-ness, why do you do it?  If you're a thread reader only, I get it.  But if you're posting, why hide?

Just curious.

Author
Time

Who hides? What brought this up? I am now very curious.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time

I've just always wondered, nothing particular led to this thread.

Off the top of my head...

ABC
Anchorhead

Hmm, not as many as I thought.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Author
Time

Oooohhh... You want to see my little bulb on. Enjoy !

Author
Time

I like to play with the settings only once. I never remember where to find these again. You just made me curious where I found this.

Another - unconscious - reason could just be I need to grow up:I love hiding myself by game. My cat hates when I do that.

Perhaps also I am ashamed of the time it takes me to post then I prefer hiding for you don't wonder what I'm doing here. Also I hate to be caught sleeping on my keyboard.

... Another question ? No ?

Thread closed.

PS: And thanks for this - one more - dedicated thread !

Author
Time

A B C said:

Thread closed.

Not just yet.  Every other "hider" needs to answer as well.

Author
Time

Mwhahaha ! ... YOU need.

The common french sense would have made me answer more simply though at the question "why".

Answer: "Pour faire parler les bavards!".

Author
Time

Often I pretend to be online when actually I'm in your fridge watching television.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Woooohooooo! I have successfully joined the ranks of the hiders! Why? Simply to muddle and confuse Fink's mind...

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time

I only do it when I forget to log in.

Author
Time

C3PX said:

Woooohooooo! I have successfully joined the ranks of the hiders! Why? Simply to muddle and confuse Fink's mind...

But now I know why you did it, so ultimately you have failed.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

C3PX said:

But now I know why you did it, so ultimately you have failed.

Haha! Not anymore you don't! I fixed my fatal error, rendering it unfatal! Haha! I so win!!!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Shush im hiding.......

Darth Solo dont like cookies, nor logging in to these current spate of boring treads, and looking like im interested ;-)

Author
Time

Erm, I've always been able to see you online Darth.  Best check your settings.