logo Sign In

Who did Darth Vader kill?

Author
Time

Hello 

I was hoping that someone in here could help my with a quiz i am making for some of my friends.

And one of the questions is, how many did Darth Vader direct kill in the trilogy? And with a bonus question, what was their names?

Unfortunately, i don't know their answers, can somebody help me?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Captain Antillies, Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, some X-Wing pilots, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the Emperor. 

Also did nothing as Tarkin destroyed Alderaan. 

Author
Time

It depends on which trilogy you mean by THE trilogy (don't worry I think we know the answer and a lot of people will agree with it).

Author
Time

There is only one Trilogy, and it's of the Original, not of the Prequel.

;-)

Author
Time

Thanks, dos sombody know the names of the X-Wing pilots as well?

It is of course the Original trilogy, am not even sure if the other one counts :)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Gold Squadron:

Gold Leader Jon "Hutch" Vander (some sources call him "Dutch", but according to the film script and subtitles, he is "Hutch")
Gold Two Tiree
Gold Five Davish "Pops" Krail

Red Squadron:

Red Leader Garven Dreis
Red Three Biggs Darklighter
Red Eight Bren Quersey
Red Twelve Puck Naeco

Sources:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Squadron_(Rebel_Alliance)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Squadron_(Rebel_Alliance)

Didn't Vader step on a cockroach in his meditation chamber?  That counts as a direct kill.  That might only be a special edition change ;) 

Author
Time

Huh.  I thought Gold Leader was "Hutch."

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape said:

Huh.  I thought Gold Leader was "Hutch."

Well...

Wookieepedia said:

There is a controversy surrounding Jon Vander's nickname. Cards of Star Wars Customizable Card Game and Star Wars Trading Card Game as well as an official action figure of him name him "Dutch", while the actual line of Gold Five in both Episode IV DVD subtitles and Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays is spelled as "Hutch" (which is also what many fans claim to hear). Until further clarification the exact spelling remains unclear.

ROTJ Storyboard Reconstruction Project

Author
Time

Well that's a stupid controversy. The script and subtitles clearly state what it is but because some licensed products screwed it up, it's now unclear?

Forum Moderator
Author
Time
 (Edited)

It seems to me that the novel also called him Dutch, and I'm surprised that the article didn't mention that.  I agree, though, that if the subtitles and script call him Hutch, and the film is the higher canon version of the story, there should not be any dispute.  I'll check the novel when I get the chance.  I'm at school right now...

...Actually, I just remembered I had a txt version of the novel on my laptop...just looked it up, and indeed he is Dutch in the novel.  There lies the primary source of confusion.  But again, the movie is the more official version.  He's also Red Leader in the novel, leader of the Red Squadron Y-wings.  The X-wings are Blue Squadron, so clearly the film is the higher canon source.

So to correct the above list, Hop_hest, Darth Vader killed Gold Leader, Jon "Hutch" Vander.  I'll correct the above list as well.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Or how about kids? Stupid Word, is Stupid.

Quite.

Forum Moderator
Author
Time
 (Edited)

That's 'cause Lucas is stupid, along with the dumbass EU writers who have taken to using the stupid word.

Author
Time

He killed Luke's father, according to Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars

...Even if it's been ret-conned for super obvious reasons since 1980, it still does count...from a certain point of view. 

-Someone, someday, needs to bring back the LIGHT SIDE to Star Wars.  Has anyone else noticed striking similarites between the character of Anakin/Vader and George Lucas, or is it just me? 

-It's called STAR WARS. NOT "Episode IV: A New Hope". Kids, get this straight.  

-Please read the Archie Goodwin daily SW comics: Too good to be forgotten! 

Author
Time

Younglings is just the racist term for children in the Star Wars universe.

Since they're like poetry, what with the rhyming and all, I find that I only need to watch three out of the six films.

Author
Time

Yes, but what did Bungalow Bill kill? That is the real question.

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

It's like clue in reverse!  Instead of guessing who killed Mr. Boddy, it's who did Darth Vader kill?

Captain Antilles, in the Tantive IV hallway, with his gloved robotic hands.

Author
Time

Did he kill Needa? He looked alive when the guards carried him away. Either Needa did a pretty good job in playing dead or Michael Culver did a pretty bad job in playing dead.

Or THIS happend...

And the Lego Minifig of Gold Leader is called "Dutch Vander", although in the German dubbing it sounds like "Hutch".