twooffour
Parent topic
When Remakes are a Bad Idea
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/515294/action/topic#515294
Date created
18-Jul-2011, 9:43 PM

Alright, here's the thing, lads:

When I try to figure out what exactly this whole argument is about, here's the answers I can come up with:
-who's the bigger douche
-who's posted some douche post in some post
-who thinks they're right, or smart, or whatever.

I'd say enough with this crap.

I'm gonna boil this down to these few things, nothing else will be answered (probably):

-Facts vs. Opinions - anyone who still wants to claim I've committed some crime in the direction, feel welcome to cite, or link to, at least one example.

-If someone wants to argue about definitions of "opinion" or whatever, about how untouchable/falsifiable/justifiable opinions can or cannot be, please address this skeletor part:

Can we just pin this down to the core?
"Opinion":
1. A factual statement not sufficiently supported by evidence and/or logic. OR:
2. A statement about a subjective mental state. Often dressed as a claim about the external world (i.e. this sunset IS beautiful), but what really happens is that the person's BRAIN finds it beautiful.

One word, two completely different meanings.
Same in German and Russian.

So how can we agree on that, please? Or would you argue that?

-Mrebo can inform me whether a "certain prediction" can be called a "fact", if he wants.

-If someone wants to share their personal philosophy about internet arguments, like when you can say that someone is "winning", or "right", and vice versa (especially if it has nothing to do with backing up one's god damn position - let's hear some of that), whatever, feel free.

I doubt anything new or remotely interesting can ever come out of this, but everything else will be just ignored from the get go.

Or even better, how about something on-topic.

Thanks.