logo Sign In

Post #524096

Author
twooffour
Parent topic
What's with Roger Ebert and... sex... recently?
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/524096/action/topic#524096
Date created
17-Aug-2011, 7:31 PM

TV's Frink said:

Since you always demand explanations for opinions, I will now give you one:

Yes, accusations require explanations.
Glad you've realized that finally, albeit grudgingly.

The reason you come here is to argue with people.  You call it "discussion," but a normal person doesn't use the language and name-calling you use unless they really want a fight, not a discussion.

May I ask you were you took that absurd premise from?

Discussion = doesn't necessarily mean gentle and respectful.
If Matt thinks that Bob posted something that's stupid, or makes no sense, he can reply to it while saying out loudly what he thinks of Bob's post. It's stupid, Bob's being ridiculous, a "clown", the conclusion is wrong, or based on a fallacy, etc. etc.

All that is part of "discussion", even it takes a nasty (or in this case, just blunt and respectless) tone - the only qualifier being that Matt cares to make his points, and means them honestly, out of genuine objection to Bob's posts.

And if you can't keep that apart from either
1) pretending to have an objection, or a point, while just looking for a fight
2) jumping in without any point, or conclusion, just tossing accusations and insults (the kind of stuff you're doing, so I guess you're a troll then),

then you clearly haven't thought things through, and I do NOT mean this in a gentle or respectful manner.

In other words, you throw shit out (couched in pseudo-intellectual nonsense)

When I see you debunk a single point of mine as pseudo-intellectual or fallacious, I might start taking you a bit more seriously.

to make people angry and argue with you.

No.
I sometimes expect them to get upset or even "angry", but that is still within the boundaries of "discussion".

It only becomes trolling when the actual expressed position is dishonest and faked, rather than being genuine.

When you've learned to tell things apart from each other, you may come back.