logo Sign In

What would be better than a proper release of the OOT?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

(Inspired by my post here)

God (or whatever similar being you believe in, or some made-up deity if you don't believe in that kind of stuff - just work with me here) comes to you in a vision and says the following:

God-ish Something or Other said:

Hey there, buddy.  You're living your life pretty well so far, and therefore I'm a gonna reward you.  You have two choices - I'll give you a proper release of the OOT, or I'll give you (blank) you always wanted.  Which will it be?

For me, (blank) would be a Cubs World Series, and I'd pick the Cubs.  What (blank) would you pick over the OOT?

Note: I don't want to hear any answers like "a cure for cancer" or "twenty million dollars" or "my long lost life partner."  Yes, those may be truthful answers, but they're a bit obvious.  I mean, who wouldn't pick a cure for cancer over the OOT?*

Another Note: No wishing for more wishes, so to speak.  And this means NO sum of money is valid!  Neither is any other get quick rich scheme.  This means you, Leo.

Yet Another Note: No politics either.  We all know who wants Obama out of the White House, who wants the Bush years to have never happened, and so on.

One More Note: Your (blank) has to be real.  No time machines or Star Wars ships, HotRod!

Author
Time

A girl friend.

The dog murderer off the Eagles.

The Eagles winning the Superbowl after that.

Bin Ladin dead.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

A girl friend.

That's the kind of answer I'm not looking for.  You're supposed to pick something you can't go out and get yourself today or tomorrow.  As has been stated in many other places in this forum, your destiny is in your own hands.  But anyway...

Warbler said:

The dog murderer off the Eagles.

That's more like it.  But that will happen anyway at some point, unlike the Cubs World Series.

*sigh*

Warbler said:

The Eagles winning the Superbowl after that.

I understand how you feel, but I would be conflicted.  I try to imagine the Cubs winning the Series with someone I really hate on the team, and I can't decide if it would tarnish it or not.

Warbler said:

Bin Ladin dead.

This falls into the no-brainer (anti-cancer) category.

Also...

God-ish Something or Other said:

Sheesh, Warb, I said one thing.  Don't get greedy.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sluggo said:

Your Mom

TV's Frink said:

That's the kind of answer I'm not looking for.  You're supposed to pick something you can't go out and get yourself today or tomorrow.  As has been stated in many other places in this forum, your destiny is in your own hands.

See, you just have to apply yourself, and...

HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Author
Time

mmm... Cash and lots of it. So much that I could buy George Lucas. Not only his company, everything including his name and person. And then I would have the power to release the oot in whatever video format I please.

Then I could transform Hollywood in a beatiful place where remakes are banned by law unless 35 years or more have passed since the original movie, tv show-based movies are outlawed, and all that sort of things. This all the while using George as a foot-stool.

Finally, since I've still got lots and lots of cash, donate to charity and cancer research.

I hope I'm not forgetting anything...

Author
Time

Leonardo said:

mmm... Cash and lots of it. So much that I could buy George Lucas. Not only his company, everything including his name and person. And then I would have the power to release the oot in whatever video format I please.

Then I could transform Hollywood in a beatiful place where remakes are banned by law unless 35 years or more have passed since the original movie, tv show-based movies are outlawed, and all that sort of things. This all the while using George as a foot-stool.

Finally, since I've still got lots and lots of cash, donate to charity and cancer research.

I hope I'm not forgetting anything...

Yes, you're forgetting the part where you're NOT SUPPOSED TO WISH FOR MORE WISHES!!!

No cash allowed!

Author
Time

For me a full restoration of William Blatty's Legion.

I can at least replenish my memory of the OOT with the preservation project work of people on these boards.

Blatty's film (royally screwed over and released as The Exorcist III) has only been seen by a hand full of people.

Watching this film as it was intended to be seen is one of the few things I want to see before I go elsewhere.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Yes, you're forgetting the part where you're NOT SUPPOSED TO WISH FOR MORE WISHES!!!

No cash allowed!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bingowings said:

I can at least replenish my memory of the OOT with the preservation project work of people on these boards.

Yes, I agree with this.  That's why I don't get too worked up over the OOT issue.  I understand why other people get upset, but to me it's not a huge deal anymore.

Author
Time

Leonardo said:

TV's Frink said:

No cash allowed!

You can use House as your God-ish Something or Other if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you cheated.  Now good day, sir!

Author
Time

Leonardo said:

tv show-based movies are outlawed

hey!  that would outlaw the Star Trek movies!

Author
Time

Well, if it only outlawed last year's movie, then I'd be okay with that.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Don't worry, House ain't giving Leo one penny in this thread.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

Leonardo said:

tv show-based movies are outlawed

hey!  that would outlaw the Star Trek movies!

never thought of that... then no outlaws, but before a movie project is green lighted, there should be a bunch of kids bugging the director and producer with "Are sure about this? Are really sure about this? Are you really really sure about this?".

And Frink, you said no wishes like "20 mill. dollars". fine. I said cash, as in an endless cornucopia of cash, and it's not okay.

okay then.......

an Oil well !! :p

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Leonardo said:

And Frink, you said no wishes like "20 mill. dollars". fine. I said cash, as in an endless cornucopia of cash, and it's not okay.

okay then.......

an Oil well !! :p

First off, you should know me well* enough by now to know that you need to keep an eye on the OP.

Second, I wouldn't be wishing for an oil well these days.

Author
Time

ok, then short of becoming George Lucas by magic, I wish for a Beatles reunion. ALL OF THEM.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

That's better...but when you say all of them, do you just want them reunited as-is?

'Cause that's what House would have done for you, I'll reckon.

Author
Time

You ever read The Monkey's Paw?  That... would not go well.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

mmm zombie John & zombie George? well they would be gazillions times better than any "singer" nowadays

Author
Time

FINALLY TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em