logo Sign In

Info Wanted: Walter Cronkite's 'Universe' Visits ILM - a better version?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Does anybody here have a better version of this? If you have seen the little featurette that aired on CBS in 1984 as part of the network TV premiere of Star Wars, you may have spotted a clip of Walter Cronkite meeting with George Lucas. I was able to track down one copy of the whole segment on YouTube, but the quality is not good. If anyone knows of a better source, please let me know.

Thanks!

TheStarWarsTrilogy.com.
The007Dossier.com.
Donations always welcome: Paypal | Bitcoin: bc1qzr9ejyfpzm9ea2dglfegxzt59tys3uwmj26ytj

Author
Time

Williarob said:

Does anybody here have a better version of this? If you have seen the little featurette that aired on CBS in 1984 as part of the network TV premiere of Star Wars, you may have spotted a clip of Walter Cronkite meeting with George Lucas. I was able to track down one copy of the whole segment on YouTube, but the quality is not good. If anyone knows of a better source, please let me know.

Thanks!

Have you checked the EditDroid Special Features set?  Also, didn't SW.COM put out a version of this on their website too?

Author
Time

I followed the Star Wars.com link and it led to the same noisy version as the one on You Tube, however, you're absolutely right: It is on Disk 4 of the Editdroid special features, still green, but much better quality.

Thank you!

TheStarWarsTrilogy.com.
The007Dossier.com.
Donations always welcome: Paypal | Bitcoin: bc1qzr9ejyfpzm9ea2dglfegxzt59tys3uwmj26ytj

Author
Time

Williarob said:

A new, much better quality version is now live. Thanks for your help.

Suggest you credit the EditDroid team as your source material.