logo Sign In

Post #297227

Author
See No Evil
Parent topic
Untitled Bruce Campbell Project (* unfinished project - a ton of info & ideas *)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/297227/action/topic#297227
Date created
13-Sep-2007, 9:08 PM
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but i thought I'd add in what I have just incase it interests anyone?

Most of the stuff I have has already been mentioned, Besides all the proper retail DVD's with their documentaries and what-have-you I have some other stuff of note, namely:

Sam Raimi Short Films
---------------------------
Cleveland Smith Bounty Hunter
Torro, Torro, Torro!
The Blind Waiter
Attack Of The Helping Hand
The Sappy Sap
Six Months To Live
Within The Woods
Clockwork
It's Murder

All VHS quality or worse

I also have the Evil Dead 2 Workprint DVD someone else mentioned, they're right in that its only about 45 mins long and contains the first & last parts of the film but they're more or less shot for shot as they are in the finished film except for 2 short shots; one extra shot of the workshed and a shot of the piano with what looks like steam pipes coming out (although the picture quality is ok the video has alot of damage making it break up frequently), and the music is all temp mixed, it also has a TCR. Also on this disc I got some shorts (Cleveland Smith Bounty Hunter / Torro, Torro, Torro! / The Blind Waiter / Attack Of The Helping Hand / Evil Dead Trailer / The Sappy Sap / BTS intruder (night crew) footage & Raimi Interview) All poor VHS quality as before.

As someone mentioned before, yes the 'Incredibly Strange Film Show' on the retail ED DVD has been edited to omit all footage from Raimi's shorts & a 'Crimewave/XYZ Murders' clip too. Guess they couldn't clear the rights for the crimewave stuff (them also slagging the film off in the show wouldn't help none with permission, I'm guessing) but it's strange that the Raimi shorts wheren't cleared for inclusion, especially coincidental since WTW, another short, was pulled from the same DVD release. I read somewhere that the music rights issue had been solved and there was a different issue preventing inclusion involving Raimi getting funny about releasing his early works which might explain both the missing WTW & the shorts in the 'Incredibly Strange Film Show' on that DVD. If you get the VHS to DVD copy thats going round on the 'Raimi shorts' DVD, thats the unedited version.

One thing I've been on the hunt for ages is Greg Nicotero's behind the scenes camcorder footage from 'Evil Dead 2'. I think there's around 6 unedited hours or so of it. I know there are some very short clips in the 'Gore The Merrier' feturette on the AB ED2 DVD. Currently I've only been able to track down about 72 mins on a BTS compilation DVD, that DVD also features camcorder footage from 'NOTLD90' & 'Two Evil Eyes', both also shot by Nicotero. If anyone else has any more of this footage, or a better quality version of 'Within The Woods', and wants to trade, PM me!