logo Sign In

Post #514127

Author
TV's Frink
Parent topic
The twooffour Ridonkulously Ginormous Awesome Quote Archive (Also, why twooffour was banned and why he should be banned again)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/514127/action/topic#514127
Date created
15-Jul-2011, 3:35 PM

Added 7/15/11:

twooffour said:

Well, you know, if you can't be bothered to look at the reasoning behind this "outrageous" statement, then your opinion isn't really interesting to me, now is it? ;)

twooffour said:

However, I'd vehemently disagree with the part where you say the scene is inserted "for nothing more than a CGI mess".
You certainly haven't read my post.

twooffour said:

This sentiment is completely arbitrary, and it holds no water.

So no, dismissed.

twooffour said:

Um, the problem with your "philosophy" is that you're trying to take a rather diverse issue (remakes can be done differently, have all kinds of relationship to "the original", in content and quality, there can be different intents behind it, etc.), and reach a simple conclusion like "this is inherently wrong".

Which is absurd in itself.

twooffour said:

Well it's official now, so accept it.

Yes, and I rebutted that. It's an invalid, and completely arbitrary position that isn't justified by anything whatsoever (it also doesn't hold water).

All your arguments are pretty arbitrary, and uninteresting both to criticism, and the creative process

twooffour said:

Please get a humor transplant, thanks.

twooffour said:

Humor = it wasn't meant seriously. If you need an archaeologist to figure out that,  you might as well try to use an X-Ray to find your brain.

twooffour said:

Which is kinda ironic, considering how obviously right I am in this instance.

If you wanna argue against that, be my guest, but I'd say you're fighting on the wrong side right now ;)

twooffour said:

and he has an annoying tendency to pass his opinions as established facts all should agree with (ed note: originally posted by C3PX)

No.

twooffour said:

You're not having your best day right now. Quit this before you make more and more of an embarassment of yourself, with more and more "ironic" remarks like this.
I'm serious.

twooffour said:

Unless you can argue against that, well, quoting douchey remarks of mine is really all you got left :p

twooffour said:

I said obvious to anyone who'd read it all... gee, learn to read!

Added 7/18/11:

twooffour said:

Well, in that case something's clearly wrong with you.

(Ed. note: Scroll down farther to see his temp ban!)

twooffour said:

Jesus H. Christ, some people here are just looking for an argument :D

So yea, TPM is on par with Troll 2, they're both silly fun. The case is made, quod erat demonstrandum, demonstratum nao est. I think that's it, basically.

twooffour said:

This is beyond silly beyond silly. All of it. Next time you see me proclaim myself as "right" about something, tell me how my statement is actually flawed, or inherently subjective by definition with no external qualifier. Quit whining about "oh, he said wrong, he's so arrogant" while citing little more than stripped-down quotes of which a half is comprised of jokes anyway

twooffour said:

That brain remark was OBVIOUS to anyone with, well, half a brain, and I've explained how so more than once.
How you STILL refuse to get that all while getting upset about your "intelligence" being insulted, is 9k times more hilarious than any of my quotes on Frink's thread.

The very fact that it "rubbed you the wrong way", or that you took it as any form of "bullshit" that you could even begin to "not take" (all the while it was neither addressed at you, nor meant ANY seriously whatsoever), is already more than enough hilarity to shatter the fabrics of spacetime.

twooffour said:

PS: Retroactive Rule of Internet Asskickery, my friend. It wasn't the temporal sense of "then", more like "and with all that in mind", or "on top of that". Like "how you wanna lecture me while getting such basics mixed up". Could've said "and that after", but hey, wouldn't have mattered.

twooffour said:

People generally prefer lighthearted, humorous fellahs over condescending assholes.

It's okay, CP, it's fine to be small, no one worthy of your attention will judge you for that. So no reason to act so condescending all the time, and it's alright to take a stupid joke and just move on.

twooffour said:

The question is, whether YOU are aware of the irony produced by you accusing me of being a "condescending asshole", while HAVING STARTED THIS WHOLE DEBACLE by being a... condescending asshole.

twooffour said:

Hey, if a few laughs at your temporary density are enough for you to seek refuge in over-defensive (and completely toothless) sarcasm, then whatever floats your boat.

twooffour said:

Other than that, no, I'm afraid no.
I can certainly suspect something to be wrong with myself, if 5 people at the same time tell me that I'm being way too arrogant.
But a suspicion has to stand up to scrutiny, and that's where it fails. It's all about the specifics.

twooffour said:

That, my friend, is a paragon, a PARAGON, of worthless intellectual masturbation and pointless smartassery.
You shouldn't have said "sophistry" in this post.