logo Sign In

Post #170536

Author
ocpmovie
Parent topic
The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Director's Cut (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/170536/action/topic#170536
Date created
15-Jan-2006, 10:55 PM
Cheers to Chris Sobieniak, who's offered me another better copy of the Thames documentary ... he's the one who bought the tape on Ebay for $80 ... he's also offered me some of Williams' commercials and his A Christmas Carol, which will be great to include, and to see.

If anyone has a good copy of "I Drew Roger Rabbit" or "Animating Art," let me know ... I have copies, but they're SLP and kind of poor. And I can't seem to get hold of Eddie Bowers who sent the originals.

Either way, they'll be there on the disc.

I do have the soundtrack album for Arabian Knight, and it's not a great score, but if a scene seems to need music, I will actually give it a chance. If I use it anywhere, it won't be much.

I guess since I'm buying the Princess and the Cobbler (aka the Fred Calvert) version, I'll make that available for those who want it. It's a different take on the film - not really a good take on it, but not a butchery like the Miramax version. The Fred Calvert team did work hard to finish the film their own way, for what that's worth.

The Disney squad, on the other hand, did their damndest to remove any entertainment value the film had left ...

I wonder if this film has fans in Australia or South Africa, from the limited release the "Princess" version had there. They got to see a proper version of it ... sad that we didn't.

It's amusing looking at this film again after many years - At times I always thought I could tell what decade a scene was animated in by the style of the animation. A lot of the thief stuff shows Williams' 1960s style ... like when he steals a jewel, or gets beat up by Nanny at the beginning.