logo Sign In

Post #170488

Author
ocpmovie
Parent topic
The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Director's Cut (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/170488/action/topic#170488
Date created
15-Jan-2006, 6:04 PM
I've decided to include a compilation of some of Richard's other work on the second disc.

I suppose I'll be renting The Charge of the Light Brigade and Return of the Pink Panther to include those segments.

What I could use is some nice poster art for the film. All the posters that Miramax came up with are awful.

A fellow from Toonhound had a copy of a lovely rare brochure from when the film was shown by Williams in an unfinished stage (It was then called "Once ...") at Cannes. Color art and all, but he couldn't find it to dig it up and scan it properly.

It's funny, I remember reading about this film in an interview about Roger Rabbit, for Comics Scene magazine, when I was probably 7, 8 or 9. He was talking about how he's created a new kind of animation, that was going to change the way animation was done.

Then I remember seeing the trailer for the film in theaters ... I was still very young, didn't catch on that this was the same film. I remember thinking, "Someone's done a bad ripoff of Aladdin."

Something connected in my brain later and I dug up the old article.

It was a few years later that I saw the film the way Miramax released it, and then the workprint.