logo Sign In

Post #497332

Author
Anchorhead
Parent topic
"The People Vs. George Lucas" documentary...
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/497332/action/topic#497332
Date created
7-May-2011, 7:08 PM

Ripplin said:

Seems like they're missing a lot of points. :p But that's typical, really, especially in cases of outsiders looking in.

That was my thought exactly.  The larger (main) issue is that Lucas has been lying for decades and is in a position of power where he can dig his heels in and control what the outsiders are exposed to  - falsified information in keeping with his control-issue personality disorder.

With the exception of a select few not of my generation (Kaminski  and some of the members here), it's only the continually shrinking original fan base who even remembers what the original film & story were like in the 70s. 

Lucas will continue to get what he wants (revised history) and I'll continue to be deprived of the one Star Wars film I want.  Truth be told, I fully expect I'll never be able to own a proper version of the film I watched as a kid in 1977.

*edit*

Considering I jumped ship in 1983 and have never seen anything post-83 OT, in the grand scheme of things I shouldn't be giving it a second thought. Truth is, it's really the dishonesty that drives me. I hate that he still continues to get away with the lies.  I hate that he has followers and apologists who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.  They're just mindless drones, repeating whatever he tells them to say.  It's very depressing.

Even if he did release Star Wars77 properly, I'd just watch it once and go back to my thrice yearly listening of the NPR version.  With God as my witness, I like it much more than the 1977 film anyway.  I can't go back.