DISC DETAILS

Source..............: original SMK video files
Runtime.............: 35 min + Special Features
Genre...............: Video Game Cutscenes
Disc Creator[s].....: Kaal-Jhyy

------------------------------------------------------

Inside the DVD, you'll find:

- All the Cutscenes from the game "Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II"
- The Alternate Cutscenes (when you choose the dark side in the game)
- The Databank: "Jedi Knight" Character Profiles
- Many Galleries: Concept Art, PC Screens, Cover Art,... and all the Illustrations from the Dark Forces Graphic Story
- The original Jedi Knight Trailer

Inside the DVD-ROM, you'll find:

- All the Pictures used in the DVD galleries
- Game Files: pictures and sounds (voices & soundFXs) extracted from the game
- The original Jedi Knight Trailer (AVI format)
- "Jedi Knight" and "Mysteries of the Sith" Full Websites
- "Jedi Knight" and "Mysteries of the Sith" Playable Demos(PC)
- Justin Chin Interview (PDF format)
- and More... (game manuals, wallpapers,...)

Some infos:
- This is NOT a fully understandable movie! It's just all the cutscenes arranged in chronological order.
- The game is 8 year old, so, don't expect high quality videos.
- This is my very first DVD. I guess it must be far from perfect. Feel free to report any trouble, or just your opinion!

The DVD will be soon sent to segaflip, and so, be available on a.b.starwars, and then, if all is alright, on myspleen.

Note: Please post any remark or commentary concerning my other projects on my Project Thread. But feel free to talk about the Jedi Knight DVD here. No problem!
Author
Time
Looking great... MotS didn't have live action cutscenes, did it? If I recall correctly, it was just in-game rendered stuff, but if I'm wrong, I could slap in my disk and send the video files your way if you wanted.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Knolly
Looking great... MotS didn't have live action cutscenes, did it? If I recall correctly, it was just in-game rendered stuff, but if I'm wrong, I could slap in my disk and send the video files your way if you wanted.

You're absolutely right, MotS don't have have live action cutscenes, not even precalculated 3D scenes. The only one is the title of the game with the "big-yellow-text-in-space" (I don't remember how you call it in english...).

Thanks, anyway!
Author
Time
Hey Kaal-Jhyy,
Was just wondering if I'd be able to get a free copy (gave you Trajan and the Cutscene names), or if I'd need to PM you. The disc looks fantastic, I hope you intend on taking a break before moving on to other games though.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Originally posted by: klokwerk
Hey Kaal-Jhyy,
Was just wondering if I'd be able to get a free copy (gave you Trajan and the Cutscene names), or if I'd need to PM you.

Yes, I haven't forget you klokwerk. Your help has been very useful. BTW, you're credited in the DVD credits
PM me

Originally posted by: klokwerk
The disc looks fantastic, I hope you intend on taking a break before moving on to other games though.

Thank for the nice words! And yes, I'll take a break! This project has been very exhausting for me, just cause I've wanted it to be nice to see and navigate into it, and doesn't seem to be a "made-in-5-minutes" DVD. There has been a lot of (web) research to find interesting and related files, to find tools for extracting and converting files from the original game (like the texture I've used for the "Chapter Selection" menu, or the game menus, used on several DVD menus, sound FXs,...). And all those tools work only on PC (I've had to use VirtualPC)!
Oh, I'm not complaining, I'm glad for the results (and I hope that you'll like that DVD), but, definitely yes, I'll take a break...
Author
Time
Hi there!

Today, instead of taking my break, I've made the cover for the "Jedi Knight Cutscenes" DVD!
Tell me what you think of it!

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/5705/dvdcover3dweb4kd.jpg

...and yes, it's really not an "ink-saver" cover...
Author
Time
SO Kaal-Jhyy,is this available yet?and if so where will it be at,this looks pretty damn cool
DJ
Author
Time
Originally posted by: dark_jedi
SO Kaal-Jhyy,is this available yet?and if so where will it be at,this looks pretty damn cool
DJ

I can get it to you.
Author
Time
WOW once again, thanks a bunch, my friend sega comes to the rescue.
DJ
Author
Time
Originally posted by: segaflip
That looks pretty f*cking good!

Thanks a lot!
You know, it's my very first DVD cover, and I've worked all the day on this... I'm very tired... and it's not finished. Tomorrow, I'll start the disc label.

Concerning the availability, I'll send the DVD this week. I don't have any more DVD-Rs for now. I'll buy some tomorrow, and get some infos about the mailing between France and USA, cause I really don't know how much time it takes.
And I really hope to have finished the disc label soon, cause I could put it, and the cover, directly in the DVD.

And, Dark-Jedi, it seems that you haven't read my first post entirely (bad boy! LOL). At the end of this post, all is explained...

Thanks again segaflip for your help in this!
Author
Time
This blows my DFII dvd outta the water. Who do I have to kill to get on of these?

FINISHED:
The Sith Revealed - A Scrapbook
Episode III The Video Game - The Movie
24: The Missing Day
Star Wars - The Interactive Board Game DVD
Battlefront - Journal of the 501st
The Clones Revealed

email me for details daveytod AT btinternet DOT com

Author
Time
Wow, the cover looks reall professional, I like it . And the menus seem to be great too. Can't wait till it is online on myspleen .
Author
Time
Is there music in the menus?

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mask
Is there music in the menus?

There's one music for the main menu, and ambience sounds (extracted from the game) for the other menus.

So, this time I think that this project is really finished:

Here's the disc label:
http://tinypic.com/ffbprd.jpg

And the Insert:
http://tinypic.com/ffbq7p.jpg http://tinypic.com/ffbqc9.jpg

And thanks for all your remarks!
Author
Time
OK thanks Kaal-Jhyy,do you need my addy now or later?
DJ
just kidding
Author
Time
Originally posted by: dark_jedi
OK thanks Kaal-Jhyy,do you need my addy now or later?
DJ
just kidding

...I don't understand. What do you mean by that? I'm french, you know, and, sorry but I really don't understand this phrases. oÔ
Author
Time
addy is address,so you know where to send a copy too,just messin with you anyway
DJ
Author
Time
Segaflip, you have a PM.

You know of the rebellion against the Empire?

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Erikstormtrooper
Segaflip, you have a PM.

Damn it, time to go back to the doc to get more cream. By the way sure thing no poblem.
Author
Time
GREAT LOOKING RELEASE!!!! (And I don't even play video games )

I'll get this on myspleen as soon as I get a copy

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Rikter
GREAT LOOKING RELEASE!!!! (And I don't even play video games )

I'll get this on myspleen as soon as I get a copy

Thanks a lot Rik!
Author
Time
Ok, I've just sent the DVD to segaflip. I don't know exactly how much time it will take to arrive, but I really hope that the DVD will be available at myspleen before christmas! BTW, let's say that this is my Xmas gift for all who are interested in this project!