logo Sign In

Post #416378

Author
pupil
Parent topic
The Empire Strikes Back "1980 Theatrical version" Reconstruction - Adywan (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/416378/action/topic#416378
Date created
25-May-2010, 5:08 AM

Wonderful work, Ady! I watched this last night and it was so enjoyable to see the theatrical cut in such high quality. You sound critical of your re-cut of the Wampa cave scene but, to me, it looked flawless! I don't have a fine eye like some others here, so maybe I'm missing slight inconsistencies, but for me this is better than I could have ever imagined possible for a fan edit reconstruction - really well done!

If you do decide to do a DL version with a couple of slight fixes, there were a couple of audio drop-outs I noticed which you might be able to fix if you wished. The first is about 7 seconds after Vader delivers the line "Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son", where you can hear a slight glitch in the music. The second I noticed was just after Luke falls onto the weather vane; as the piece of trash falls below him towards the clouds there is a very slight audio drop-out of the music again. I don't have the finest eye, but I do have a fine ear ;) I checked both of the mixes you uploaded, the v1 and the v2 with the falcon portal sfx removed and these drop-outs appear in both mixes. They're nothing major but, like I say, if you want to smooth out any other slight errors in the future, I thought I'd bring these to your attention.

Many thanks again, Ady. This is my favourite version of ESB until ESB:R comes out. Good luck with the continuation of the Revisited edit!