logo Sign In

***The ADigitalMan non-Star Wars DVD Info and Feedback Thread*** — Page 5

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Enzo
Doctor M, the IMAX release of Aladdin was cancelled, but it had nothing to do with the video release schedule. Simply put, not enough people were going to the IMAX shows to make the whole thing profitable, so Disney pulled the plug. It's a pity, because Fantasia 2000 and The Lion King both looked awesome in IMAX (and they were consistently sold out), and the wife and I were both looking forward to big-ass Aladdin.

I thought it was the Genie who had the big ass.

Up next: Remember The Titans. I've been working on it all night and I think I have a good rough edit. I thought this movie was going to be really hard. Then really easy. Turned out to be somewhere in the middle. The scenes concering Yost's daughter Sheryl were trickier than I thought, as there was a subplot where she was picked up at the beginning of training, then dropped off at the end, when her mom leaves for good. But in the theatrical cut, Sheryl was at training camp as a water girl. I finally reworked the deleted scenes, dropping the "pickup/drop off" part of the subplot, and turning it into one big "I'm moving on, goodbye" scene.

Still, the best scene is Sunshine Strikes Back. That never should have been deleted, as it was a brilliant way to revisit that plot thread and bring it to an awesome close.

Movie now clocks in right around 2:00. Exporting the streams now, then I have to start re-editing the audio properly to match the rough cut. Man this was a good movie. I watch it every fall. Go Titans!
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Doctor M

What was your source of the unedited audio?
Lyric: Original CD.
Dialogue: LaserDisc.

Both thanks to my good man Darth Enzo there.

Btw, is the Life of Brian the Criterion deleted scenes edited back into the Criterion transfer?

Yes. 4 of the 5 Deleted scenes from Criterion edited into the Criterion transfer. (One scene was just TOO bad to restore).
Author
Time
ADM, HAVE YOU VISITED THE "FAN EDIT CONEST" THREAD IN THE PRESERVATION FORUM LATELY ??? IF YOU GO TO THE FIRST PAGE/FIRST POST I LIST THE THREE MOVIES FOR THE SECONDARY CONTEST. I WAS ALSO WONDERING WHAT MOVIE(S) YOU WILL BE SUBMITTING TO THE CONTEST ???

"I'VE GROWN TIRED OF ASKING, SO THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME..."
The Mangler Bros. Psycho Dayv Armchaireviews Notes on Suicide

Author
Time
Is there any kind soul that can help me out in obtaining ADM's Harry Potter edits? Or his Hannibal? I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks!!

A long time ago in the faraway galaxy...

Star War: The Third Gathers
Backstroke Of The West

Author
Time
I mean, like... it would REALLY be cool of you. I could buy you cookies. Or perhaps a fruit basket or cheese assortment.

A long time ago in the faraway galaxy...

Star War: The Third Gathers
Backstroke Of The West

Author
Time
I think this PiF thing isn't working. I can't get anyone to help me out either.

Dr. M

Author
Time
ADM has anyone made case and disc art yet for your Harry Potter edits?if not i hope someone does soon,these are worthy to be on the shelf next to the originals,even though your version is alot better.
thanks for your hard work,looking forward to QC'ing some more of your GREAT work.
DJ
Author
Time
Dark_Jedi, nobody has created custom covers of HP as of yet.

Dr. M. The PiF thing is a little broken here in the U.S. for the Saga, but I'm trying to un-screw-it up. However, PiF hasn't been in effect on the non-SW stuff. There was very little interest comparitively speaking but they are floating around. Hopefully somebody monitoring this thread will offer to help, and if anybody is up for getting the PiF thing rolling, you all know my support of it. Given that I've given out every single edit I've done for free, I'm hoping that the Karma will radiate outward and not back inward.

JackLucas, again, hopefully somebody is paying attention and can help. I'll be interested in knowing either way.

PSYCHO_DAYV, I'm still wrestling with Kill Bill vs The Matrix for Contest 2. I currently have more ideas with Kill Bill floating around in my head though Dr. M gave me some bitchin' ideas on The Matrix months ago that seem apropos. As for Contest 1, I intend to submit the prequels and Hannibal with the help of the PIF system, and will be submitting two bonus discs that sort of accompany the saga re-edit as a whole as bonus materials for the saga. Boba Feta has done GREAT cover art for I, II and Hannibal that he's agreed for me to submit. He gets all the credit there, though. In the off-chance I actually win something, I think I'll have it donated to hurricane relief. I really am not out for personal gain on this (though a public apology from George Lucas for the Prequels would be a nice prize in itself ).

And finally, Jay (or whomever) thanks for moving this thread to the "Preservation and Fan Edits" group to accompany the SW thread. I'd originally listed this in OFF-topic when the thread was dedicated to SW transfers only. Since this thread group has changed focus, I appreciate this thread being included where it is now.

Edit: P.S. Original post has been modified to include details on "Remember The Titans."
Author
Time
is there a way to get all of these edits? i.e. on a torrent tracker (myspleen.net) or some other way?

thanks
Author
Time
PHSYCHO_DAYV the "PIF" stands for pay it forward,that is what ADM did with his star wars edits.
hope this answers your question
DJ
Author
Time
well guys my wife and 4 year old and i just got done QC'ing this fine title by ADM:

Aladdin restored edition
When Aladdin was released in 1993, Arab-American groups protested a line in "Arabian Nights" that was subsequently changed for home video (rather ham-fistedly, if you listen).
Then, certain puritanical child-protection groups became convinced that the line "Good tiger, take off and go" was actually saying "Good teenagers take off their clothes." This line was removed for the DVD release.

and it was PERFECT,excellent work ADM,we truly enjoyed it,it is one of our favorite Disney movies next to the original Jungle Book,which i captured to dvd a few months ago.
keep up the great work
thanks for letting me help you out
DJ
Author
Time
Originally posted by: dark_jedi
...and it was PERFECT,excellent work ADM,we truly enjoyed it,it is one of our favorite Disney movies next to the original Jungle Book,which i captured to dvd a few months ago...

Oh, great. What's up with The Jungle Book?

Author
Time
ADM I would love to see you do a Kill Bill edit!!
Author
Time
nothing is up with the Jungle Book,it just is NOT available on dvd yet so i catured my LD to DVD for my sons,and for myself LOL,along with Peter Pan ,and Pinocchio.
DJ
Author
Time
Hi ADM,

Just downloaded your 'Wizard Of Oz' via bit torrent. Now, Ive had a quick look at the files and it seems that to listen to the Floyd audio, you need to switch it on ni the features. However, I burn my dvds with nero and have no idea how to make a 'proper' dvd using the menu included. Can you help?

FINISHED:
The Sith Revealed - A Scrapbook
Episode III The Video Game - The Movie
24: The Missing Day
Star Wars - The Interactive Board Game DVD
Battlefront - Journal of the 501st
The Clones Revealed

email me for details daveytod AT btinternet DOT com

Author
Time
Originally posted by: dark_jedi
nothing is up with the Jungle Book,it just is NOT available on dvd yet so i catured my LD to DVD for my sons,and for myself LOL,along with Peter Pan ,and Pinocchio.
DJ
Jungle Book has been released on DVD, I remember renting it years ago. I think it's just hard to get hold of now.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time
The fact that Jungle Book is 'hard to find' is due to Disney being immensely greedy. See, Disney release their DVDs and then put them on moratorium for years before re-releasing the DVD. So, while many Disney films have been available for sale at one point or another, they aren't always available.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
I can't say that it's greedy. You have to expect that they'd sell significantly more of their movies if they were continuously available rather than the occasional "vault" thing.
Most people don't know when or if a film is going to be available (and won't care). They're more likely to buy what they see is available and not go digging for the vaulted titles on eBay and/or go nuts when they come out again (that's only a small percentage). I just think there some people there that haven't progressed from their old theatrical re-release cycle.

Translation: Old guys stuck to old ways, not greedy.

Dr. M

Author
Time
Originally posted by: daveytod
Hi ADM,

Just downloaded your 'Wizard Of Oz' via bit torrent. Now, Ive had a quick look at the files and it seems that to listen to the Floyd audio, you need to switch it on ni the features. However, I burn my dvds with nero and have no idea how to make a 'proper' dvd using the menu included. Can you help?

weren't these just vob files in the torrent? if so just burn the video_ts folder to a dvd using the video dvd option and it will give you the dvd exactly as ADigitalMan created it.

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
Daveytod, what Darth Simon says is correct. It is also possible that your DVD player is set to auto-start the "main movie" which is the longest titleset on a disc. If that's the case, then the player itself is bypassing the menu and auto-playing the disc with the first audio stream selected. If you've done what Darth Simon suggests, (buring the VIDEO_TS folder onto a blank disc) then check the settings on your player to be sure auto play isn't selected. Different models offer and handle this feature differently.

Hope this helps!
Author
Time
In addition to what ADigitalMan said, if that is the case, hitting the menu button on you dvd controller should bring you to the menu. Or simply pressing the audio button should switch it to the next audio track.

maybe try it on your computer and see how the disc behaves there, or a different dvd player if you have access to one.

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post