logo Sign In

***The ADigitalMan non-Star Wars DVD Info and Feedback Thread*** — Page 4

Author
Time
First post in the thread has been updated.
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
ADM you forgot to add your kick ass version of "The Wizard of OZ"this is definitely COOL too.
DJ
Author
Time
isnt that the first one he has listed?
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
damn DS you are right, i just skimmed right over it,well any way it is very cool,just watched it a couple weeks ago and it is friggin awesome.
and just for the record the ADM edits of Blazing Saddles,and Pulp Fiction,rock too,the only copmlaint i have is in pulp fiction,you cut out the line where travoltas character says, he would have paid the guy to key his car, just so he could see him do it,that line was funny as hell.(travoltas story is funnier than the drug dealers story)
and sorry for the oversight on the "WOZ' title
DJ
Author
Time
Did I cut that line? That wasn't intentional. Musta had to do with body positioning when I extended the scene if I did that. Alas.

Blade Runner is being re-worked presently. Being the first edit I ever attempted, it was authored with the buggy version of DVD Lab Pro (the same one that screwed up version on of BOTF when I muxed in my own subtitles) that based block sizes on 1000 instead of 1024. I'm re-doing it from scratch using the tools I've since learned.

Then I'm taking a much needed break. (I keep saying that, but I never do it, do I?)

Next up: The Terminator, or Remember The Titans, or Austin Powers. What's y'all's fancy?
Author
Time
ADM will you be putting in the "unicorn"scene that i have read about?i have yet to see this scene.
DJ

ps what version exactly has this scene,and is it available anywhere?because i have some different versions of this and none with unicorn.
Author
Time
This scene is in the Director's Cut official DVD. Personally I hate the scene so it remains out. My version is pretty much the original international cut (the Criterion Laserdisc version) with the happy ending chopped off.
Author
Time
damn and all this time,i have had that version,but i was looking for criterion/international versions,shows you how well i pay attention to my own retail dvd's lol.
thank you for the information ADM,and when ready i would be glad to do some more QC'ing for you,and then pass to the normal people in the chain.
thanks again
DJ
Author
Time
Keep your eye on the post.
Author
Time
damn i cant believe this thread is on the 3rd page,well i just finished the QC work for the master ADM on some of his edits and here they are:
Hannibal desserts served with your main course,this is EXCELLENT,great piece of work,and i really loved the ending,way better than the original.
Blade Runner v2.0,again excellent work and minus the "Happy"ending,great touch
Monty Pythons Life of Brian,what can i say?anything MP is great,another job well done.
and last but not least,E.T. ADM Special Edition,loved this movie no problems at all,nicely done.
Well ADM you have a perfect 100% A++++
cant wait to see what you do next,any hints?cant wait for the new Harry Potter ADM edit(i know this is a ways away)but Revenge of the Sith is not,cant wait for this either.
thanks for letting me help out,keep up the GREAT work
DJ
Author
Time
Have you done all three Harry P. or just the first two? DL or SL?
Author
Time
all 3 HP's are SL and DL,and very well done.
DJ
Author
Time
It should be noted that HP3 is Anamorphic. The deleted scenes were FF but some very nice peeps from VideoHelp taught me how to use Gordian Knot to properly do upsizing while not noticibly losing quality. I really love how HP3 came out. It took some serious figuring because a couple of those scenes were presented as "unfinished." I hated having to edit out the part of Neville losing the password to Sirius, but I was glad to find a new location for the rest of that particular scene. And then Harry's joke candy in the Great Hall ... it was fun finding a sound effect to make that scene work.

I hope there's an hour of deleted scenes for HP4. I fear there will be next to nothing. We shall see in May I guess.
Author
Time
I'm more angry that the cut rate director they hired for HP4 figured he could do it in 1 film although everyone else involved (TPTB) told him to do 2 films.
I wish they'd stop cutting their director's budget on these things and hire people who know how to make movies. I fear the last few HP's are going to be terrible unless that's fixed.

Dr. M

Author
Time
Oh, he's got the biggest budget yet. At $200M, it's costing as much as Titanic. And the director's salary is $1M compared to Chris Columbus' $10M. That said, he'd better not screw this film up. Losing the house elves is bad enough. Losing the Dursleys is sacrilige.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: dark_jedi
all 3 HP's are SL and DL,and very well done.
DJ

Might have to include some blank dl discs next time I send something your way.
Author
Time
Chris Columbus - $10M + Percentage of Gross (yikes)
Mike Newell - $1M + squat

Heh, would you direct 2 movies for that price?
If I were MN I'd say screw it, crank the movie out fast and move on to the next project that will pay more just for having being attached to a HP film.

I predict crap. Sorry guys. I mean check out the guy's resume on IMDB. The whole budget went to actors and sfx with nothing left for a good director.
I'm not saying I'm going to skip it even if it gets bad reviews (heck I felt Prisoner of Azkaban was overrated and not as good as Chamber of Secrets), but I am keeping my expectations proportionally lowered.

Dr. M

Author
Time
I am getting ADM Harry Potter edit, hahaha. No but I am excited about it!
Author
Time
i am getting it too segaflip,ha ha ha
oh i already have them,my bad
DJ
Author
Time
gez! Mailed a packade to you and forgot to had some blank dl, oh well get it next time.
Author
Time
I've updated the initial post with info on Aladdin.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Doctor M
Chris Columbus - $10M + Percentage of Gross (yikes)
Mike Newell - $1M + squat

Heh, would you direct 2 movies for that price?
If I were MN I'd say screw it, crank the movie out fast and move on to the next project that will pay more just for having being attached to a HP film.

I predict crap. Sorry guys. I mean check out the guy's resume on IMDB. The whole budget went to actors and sfx with nothing left for a good director.
I'm not saying I'm going to skip it even if it gets bad reviews (heck I felt Prisoner of Azkaban was overrated and not as good as Chamber of Secrets), but I am keeping my expectations proportionally lowered.

Yeah, I mean... that DONNIE BRASCO... what a POS.

So far GOBLET looks pretty bad ass. It looks to be keeping in the increasingly dark tone set by Cauron in AZKABAN (which was awesome). Though, if they don't handle the end scene with Cedric just right I will be very pissed off indeed.

I would very much like to get that HP edit.

A long time ago in the faraway galaxy...

Star War: The Third Gathers
Backstroke Of The West

Author
Time
Aladdin edit: cool.
I hate when every damn group tries to make press by bitching about something Disney's done.

What was your source of the unedited audio? VHS has the lyric change but not the dialog change. The audio CD is pristine for a good source of the opening song too. And from what you're saying I suppose the video is the Platinum DVD release.
It's a really nice transfer, they may have made "improvements" to the detail of the animation/backgrounds so when it was IMAX-sized it wouldn't look bad. All Disney Platinums are suppose to be visually altered in this way, but I can't remember if Aladdin made it to IMAX theaters since the Platinum series is now being rushed out so they can finish the planned releases before hi-def dvd's come out.

Anyone want to pay forward this one?

Btw, is the Life of Brian the Criterion deleted scenes edited back into the Criterion transfer?

Dr. M

Author
Time
Doctor M, the IMAX release of Aladdin was cancelled, but it had nothing to do with the video release schedule. Simply put, not enough people were going to the IMAX shows to make the whole thing profitable, so Disney pulled the plug. It's a pity, because Fantasia 2000 and The Lion King both looked awesome in IMAX (and they were consistently sold out), and the wife and I were both looking forward to big-ass Aladdin.