logo Sign In

TV's Frink's Guide To Sensible Posting (Or: How Not To Be A Target) — Page 4

Author
Time

#29: No pope-talk in a Sensible Posting Thread.

Author
Time

bkev said:

Perhaps saying "save complaints for private messages with the abusers/mods" would be more appropriate. There are certain people that have played the victim, so ti speak, but there also are other cases where complaints would be justified.

I understand why you think complaints should be done via private message, and I think at times it ought to be done that way.   But I also think sometimes making complaint publicly allows third parties to read and give their perspective.  Sometimes when two people disagree, having a third non-biased party get involved can help.  

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

I object!

Author
Time

Warbler said:

bkev said:

Perhaps saying "save complaints for private messages with the abusers/mods" would be more appropriate. There are certain people that have played the victim, so ti speak, but there also are other cases where complaints would be justified.

I understand why you think complaints should be done via private message, and I think at times it ought to be done that way.   But I also think sometimes making complaint publicly allows third parties to read and give their perspective.  Sometimes when two people disagree, having a third non-biased party get involved can help.  

You guys are talking about sensible posters - people who don't need this guide.  This guide is for the nutjobs that need a little help in becoming slightly less nutjoby.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

TV's Frink said:

I object!

Overruled.

Author
Time

Johnnie Cochran says:

Mr. Warbler, I'd be very glad to take your case for free.

Author
Time

Ric Olie said:

Lionel Hutz said:

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/treehouse-of-horror-iv4.png

Cases won in 30 minutes or your pizza's free!

Who wants to hire me?

Author
Time

Leonardo said:

Johnnie Cochran says:

Mr. Warbler, I'd be very glad to take your case for free.

you're hired!

Author
Time

Good luck, I say again.  I'm well prepared for the Chewbacca Defense.

Author
Time

Johnnie Cochran says:

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury,

this is Chewbacca:

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk.

But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Author
Time

Oh no you don't - I'm not giving away my strategy.  You'll just have to wait for the trial.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

Akwat Kbrana said:

Warbler said:

xhonzi said:

How's about:

#25: No posting every Pope from Peter to Benedict

#26: No quoting a post with every Pope from Peter to Benedict

?

fixed?

Heh. Xhonzi must be a Protestant.

I'm not sure what that has to do with this.  Protestants don't have a Pope.   I am also a Protestant, a Methodist to be precise.  

Yeah, I know that. I was merely expressing the presumption that Protestants are less likely to be studied up on Papal tradition than Catholics are. Moreover, I'm sure you've noticed that Protestants tend to focus more on Paul than on Peter as the preeminent progenitor of pure Christian doctrine, so Xhonzi's lil' mix-up struck me as somewhat humorous.

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time

Akwat Kbrana said:

Yeah, I know that. I was merely expressing the presumption that Protestants are less likely to be studied up on Papal tradition than Catholics are. Moreover, I'm sure you've noticed that Protestants tend to focus more on Paul than on Peter as the preeminent progenitor of pure Christian doctrine, so Xhonzi's lil' mix-up struck me as somewhat humorous.

Nah, it was more of a thinking one thing and writing another.  I did indeed mean Peter.  Probably just have the Beatles on the Brain.

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

All you need is love.

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time

Is there an anti-Catholic vibe here Frink? Would it be OK to list all the Deacons of the Presbyterian Church? Or all the Rightly Guided Caliphs? Or all the CEOs of Scientology?!?

Author
Time

Akwat Kbrana said:

Warbler said:

xhonzi said:

How's about:

#25: No posting every Pope from Peter to Benedict

#26: No quoting a post with every Pope from Peter to Benedict

?

fixed?

Heh. Xhonzi must be a Protester.

Fixed.

Author
Time

TheBoost said:

Is there an anti-Catholic vibe here Frink? Would it be OK to list all the Deacons of the Presbyterian Church? Or all the Rightly Guided Caliphs? Or all the CEOs of Scientology?!?

Maybe.  Yes.  Yes.  Hell yes.

Author
Time

Added #29: Don't Threaten To Leave Or Ask To Be Banned

Author
Time

Items 2, 9, 10 and 11 seem to be sub-sets of a larger category.

Author
Time

Yeah, I think you're right.  I'll combine them into 2a, b, c, and d.  Thanks.

Author
Time

How about, "Try not to be a snarky douche without provocation"?