logo Sign In

Superman IV Extended Fan Edit

Author
Time

Hello everyone. I'm currently in the process of creating a 2 hour long extended cut of Superman IV, very similar to Quest For Coherence.

My goal is to recreate the original version of Superman IV, as it was originally intended in the script.

Unfortunately, I have had to use comic panes and still images for unreleased scenes like the Metro Club date, and Clark visiting his parents' graves, but the overall intention of making a coherent movie is accomplished.

I will not be tampering with the actual theatrical film (other than switching certain scenes around), because I do not want to make a new film: I only want to preserve what was originally intended.

The project will probably be finished in a few weeks, and I would like to know if anyone would be so kind as to look over it before I upload it to MySpleen. This has been my first fan edit, and I would appreciate some constructive feedback. 

SOURCES USED:

Superman IV 2006 DVD

Superman IV Japanese LaserDisc

Superman IV Deleted Scenes

Superman IV Comic Adaption

Superman IV Promotional Stills

Superman IV Soundtrack

Superman: The Movie Special Edition DVD

Superman: The Movie Soundtrack

Author
Time

If this were the first edit to have the Nuclear Man I scene with the original soundtrack, I'm in support.

I’m just here because I’m driving tonight.

Author
Time

This edit does have a lot of Alexander Courage's score in the deleted scenes restored. It was quite hard to isolate the dialogue from those terrible temp tracks, but the end result worked out pretty good.

Author
Time

I am intrigued. 

I’m just here because I’m driving tonight.

Author
Time

Woah this sounds cool!

waiting with anticipation! 

Join the dark side… and get a free cookie!

Author
Time

any news about this project?
Has it been finished and uploaded somewhere?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I am curious how is the original version by made of FanEdit.

Is there some new when will this FanEdit release here?