logo Sign In

Superman II and Superman III extended (Released) — Page 5

Author
Time
Just got my copy of the International cut of Superman The Movie and I really would love to torrent this but I won't. There are colored wavy lines throughout most of it, no chapter stops and pixellation a plenty. Maybe with rikter's new version someone will make a better version of this blueprint. But especially because most of it seems to be ripped right from the laserdisc, there's no reason for the quality to be pretty shitty.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: digitalfreaknyc
Just got my copy of the International cut of Superman The Movie and I really would love to torrent this but I won't. There are colored wavy lines throughout most of it, no chapter stops and pixellation a plenty. Maybe with rikter's new version someone will make a better version of this blueprint. But especially because most of it seems to be ripped right from the laserdisc, there's no reason for the quality to be pretty shitty.

I hate to say this, but the Laserdisc of "Superman: The Movie" looks like pure crap.
And that's the ones that do not have disc rot yet. Yes this LD title has rot problems!
I have 2 copys of this title and they are sooooo bad. You may want to just transfer from a new sealed VHS copy like I am doing now.

THX
Author
Time
Maybe with rikter's new version someone will make a better version of this blueprint.

DigitalfreckNYC - Mine is the REAL Superman: The Movie - The International Salkind Cut as it really really honestly aired and AS produced by the SALKINDS. The version that you have is the attempt (by editing the laserdisc, VHS and recorded VHS footage into a Composite cut) to recreate the version that I now have (and will be uploading – once the menus are done ) AGAIN the quality is not DVD or LD but it looks SUPER GREAT for a 20+ years VHS copy

Superman: The Movie - The International Salkind Cut - The COMPOSITE Recreation

Is a FAN EDIT or recreation of the LONGEST version of Superman - that uses footage from the Laserdisc, VHS and DVD (I think)

COMING SOON TO THE TORRENTS
Superman: The Movie - The International Salkind Cut - The AS AIRED NON-Composite version

This is it, the REAL deal no spliced in footage or edits - this is the version that the Salkinds produced for the European release and includes the MOST footage and is the LONGEST known version of Superman: The Movie known (at this time that is )

Hope this clears up some confusion

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Rikter,

The version that is the composite has all the same footage yours has. However, the thing I like about mine is that all of the stuff currently available is in widescreen and the stuff that's not is in full screen. I would MUCH rather have it like this as there are lots of little trims and stuff that I probably would have missed if I were just watching a complete full-screen version.

I"m assuming your is in PAL with which we'd have to speed it down in order to match up to our NTSC versions. I'd love to attempt a good version of the composite again some day.

Also, there is a high pitch noise running throughout as well. Too bad, really.

THX, I wouldn't use the original laserdisc for anything more than the original audio tracks. I would use the new DVD for the video tracks. And then use Rikter's new version of the TV cut for the extra footage. But..alas...not enough hours in the day.
Author
Time
Rikter,

The version that is the composite has all the same footage yours has. However, the thing I like about mine is that all of the stuff currently available is in widescreen and the stuff that's not is in full screen. I would MUCH rather have it like this as there are lots of little trims and stuff that I probably would have missed if I were just watching a complete full-screen version.

I"m assuming your is in PAL with which we'd have to speed it down in order to match up to our NTSC versions. I'd love to attempt a good version of the composite again some day.

Also, there is a high pitch noise running throughout as well. Too bad, really.

THX, I wouldn't use the original laserdisc for anything more than the original audio tracks. I would use the new DVD for the video tracks. And then use Rikter's new version of the TV cut for the extra footage. But..alas...not enough hours in the day.

Send me your addy via my email and I'll mail you a copy THAT way JUST in case you feel up to it you've got it on hand

RiK

Author
Time
Just to add. I also have a version of the longer cut that is from some Channel 5 station.
I would be happy to donate it for a super edit. It must not be a composit, as it has the station logo up most of the time. This copy does not look as good as the version that Rikter has posted shots of, but it may be usefull for editing in shots that may not be as good on other versions.

THX
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Coov
Some more covers...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/superman2.jpg

is this possible to have a Hi res pic of the 3 villains front cover ?

I am doing my own cover for Superman II and I would like to use this art. Thanks

Author
Time
Ash595,
This was my source.

Galatians 2: 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Author
Time
Hey, I read through the forum but wasn't able to find any covers for Superman II (which is fantastic btw). If anyone has any would they be so kind to either post them here or PM me? Thanks!

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here, this is the war room!

Author
Time
Coov, where can we download those covers? those are simply amazing!
Author
Time
This was on digitalbits.com today............................

9/28/05

Our friends over at TVShowsonDVD.com have let us know that the latest scuttlebutt has HBO releasing the classic Get Smart TV series on DVD in 2006. HBO apparently owns the rights to the property, as they produced the short-lived 1995 remake series.

Also today, there are online reports from various Superman-themed websites (including Superman Cinema) that Warner Bros. and producer Ilya Salkind have finally negotiated a deal for the release of director Richard Donner's original unused footage from Superman II. This would allow for the creation of a long-awaited Superman II: Director's Cut that would be closer to the film Donner was crafting before the film was taken away from him by the studio back in 1979 and given to replacement director Richard Lester. Donner, as many of you know, also directed the original Superman: The Movie (the two films were shot, for the most part, simultaneously). The idea behind all of this, of course, is that Warner wants to release new DVD special editions of Superman II, Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace in conjunction with the theatrical or DVD debut of Bryan Singer's currently in production Superman Returns. The new film is expected to hit theaters in June 2006.

We've got our sources checking on both of these stories, and we'll let you know when we're able to confirm them.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: n1ascar
This was on digitalbits.com today............................

This would allow for the creation of a long-awaited Superman II: Director's Cut that would be closer to the film Donner was crafting before the film was taken away from him by the studio back in 1979 and given to replacement director Richard Lester.

Rumor is that they are going to be using the Superman II footage of Marlon Brando shot by Donner for the new Superman Returns. If this is the case, then Superman II will still not be restored fully to it's pre-Lester story outline.

By the look of this shot, it seems that they are using the distruction of the Fortress of Solitude plot line as seen in the Restored International Cut of Superman II, and the events of Superman IV never happend.
Superman Returns Photo *Spoiler*

http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/XLuthor.gif http://www.moviehole.net/img/supermanr1small.jpg
*******OLD AND NEW*******

THX

Author
Time
I posted that Salkind info a couple days ago

And just because Singer paid to license Brando's likeness for Superman Returns doesn't mean Salkind can't also release that footage to Donner for a re-cut of Superman II. Two totally different business deals. Just because Singer's using it doesn't mean Donner can't.
The Best Show You've Never Heard
Author
Time
Originally posted by: The Bizzle
I posted that Salkind info a couple days ago

And just because Singer paid to license Brando's likeness for Superman Returns doesn't mean Salkind can't also release that footage to Donner for a re-cut of Superman II. Two totally different business deals. Just because Singer's using it doesn't mean Donner can't.

True, True. Release it all!!!
Author
Time
From what I hear, Singer is only using Brando audio in a sort of flashbacky type of scene. That Brando footage will definitely be on the Supes II SE in some capacity. I just hope there is a confirmation soon that Donner will be involved in the new cut. In any event, I will be camped out for this one.

Superman Returns, on the other hand... LOL. Sorry, but that costume (why they would use the color scheme from the evil Superman suit in Supes III I have NO idea) and the guy in it just don't have me convinced yet. I have faith in Singer, but so far the only two things that have me slightly excited are the fact that they are using Williams main themes and that from what I have seen, Spacey is a ringer for Hackman's Luthor. Too bad they couldn't just get Gene involved again. That would have been geektastic. But I understand they are going for a more "serious" tone here. At least it seems so so far.

A long time ago in the faraway galaxy...

Star War: The Third Gathers
Backstroke Of The West

Author
Time
Well, I think the S shield is a little small, as are his trunks (Superman fans at other boards are calling them "manties" actually) but the colors I don't mind so much. Singer has said a lot of his visual look for this flick is inspired by the Fleischer cartoons from the 40's--and Superman wears a more burgundy/crimson blend than the crayola bright red and blue from the Donner flicks. The darker blue and the darker red don't bug me so much, but yeah--it does look like the Drunk Superman colors from Superman III. that said, after 10 minutes, I'm pretty sure there won't be any problem adjusting to it.

The guy has a very good Superman look, I think. And his voice is pretty deep as well. Whether or not he can ACT is wholly different, but then again, Christopher Reeve, at the time of filming Superman, was mostly known for soap opera work, so to the public, he was a pretty big question mark as well.

There's plenty of shit, though, that could go WAY wrong. The story, from what we know of it, is pretty iffy already. Especially since a KID is involved. If that kid ends up being SUPERMANS from when he was powerless during Superman II? I don't think that will fly very well.
The Best Show You've Never Heard
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Coov
Some more covers...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/supes3RIK.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/supes4RIK.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/superman.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/superman2.jpg

talk about a tease!!

hook us up with where/when to get these brutha!
Author
Time
The covers will be included with my next Superman uploads

AND

I might make a Superman Custom Cover torrent (20-200mb) - IF you have any custom covers and want to add them PLEASE EMAIL them to me at BLAKSVN (@) GMAIL.COM

Word to the Spookies!

Author
Time

that would be great... thanks a bunch

Is there a Superman I Extended torrent out right now?

can ya point me in the right direction if there is?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Rikter
The covers will be included with my next Superman uploads

AND

I might make a Superman Custom Cover torrent (20-200mb) - IF you have any custom covers and want to add them PLEASE EMAIL them to me at BLAKSVN (@) GMAIL.COM

Word to the Spookies!

Thanks, RiK!!!

Galatians 2: 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Author
Time
The latest from THE DIGITAL BITS:

Also today, remember that Rumor Mill post from the other day about the possibility of a Superman II: Director's Cut coming to DVD in 2006? Well, we've been able to confirm with our sources that there's definitely something to the story. Warner is hard at work on BIG promotion and tie-in plans for the theatrical and DVD release of Superman Returns, and new special edition DVDs of the original Superman II, III and IV are definitely among them. We'll post more as it comes in.

Win
Author
Time

Hey do you have any recommendations on what kinda DVD covers, etc to use? I wasnt sure if the covers you made worked better or were suited to a particular type, slim line, 2-disc, etc.

what brands and where do you get them, cheaply?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: gldndragon77
Hey do you have any recommendations on what kinda DVD covers, etc to use? I wasnt sure if the covers you made worked better or were suited to a particular type, slim line, 2-disc, etc.

what brands and where do you get them, cheaply?

I currently get mine at Wal-Mart - Maxell 10 pack for $4.60 (with tax) they offer GREAT quality and very clear unscratched faces

I used to order them on line from MERITLINE.COM where you can get 100 cases shipped for $25 BUT anywhere between 2-15 cases have been crackedand a bunch are scuffed up each time the shipped and the cases are a bit flimsy.

Author
Time
Fucking Hell!!

Warner Bros. has greenlit Richard Donner to restore his original Superman: The Movie and Superman II for DVD release in 2006. Donner shot nearly 60 per cent of Superman II before the producers fired him and hired Richard Lester. Fans have lobbied for the release of a new cut after original drafts of the screen-play circulated, while an alternate, unsanctioned version was produced using 24-minutes of material from an 1983 international TV version. Now, Warner Bros. plans to release Special Edition DVDs of Superman II, Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace to coincide with Bryan Singer's Superman Returns. The studio has negotiated with Ilya Salkind for the release of Donner's unused Superman II footage, and it will be included with the new DVD release either as a bonus feature or in a new cut.

Source