logo Sign In

Superman II and Superman III extended (Released) — Page 4

Author
Time
EVEN COOLER UPDATE

I just got the S1 EXTENDED The International Salkind Cut Recorded as aired in 1982 on AUSTRALIAN TV and IT looks GREAT for a 23 years old FIRST GENERATION VHS copy! (IMHO )

PLEASE keep in mind the transfer is from a 23 years old VHS...
http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Salkind_-_Sample_1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Salkind_-_Sample_2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Salkind_-_Sample_3.jpg

SO...

IN PRODUCTION -
Superman: The Movie - The International Salkind Cut (NON-Composite)
Angrysun DVD authoring & PAL to NTSC of a Darth Anonymous VHS transfer

Running Time: 188 minutes (NTSC)

This alternate and VERY, VERY rare Recorded as aired NON-composite version includes all known footage. As the film and its sequels enjoyed its popularity in the early 1980’s, producers Alexander and Ilya Salkind took it upon themselves to prepare the film for its eventual television broadcast. In order to market the film to television stations around the world, the Salkinds re-edited the film with approximately 45 minutes of additional footage not released in theaters. Whereas Richard Donner had complete directorial control in editing the film for theatrical release, the Salkinds had control of the film for international distribution and television marketing, and the film was re-edited without Donner’s approval. The added footage brought the running time of the film to 188 minutes, the longest known version of the film to be assembled and shown to audiences around the world.

In addition to the many added scenes, a number of musical cues from John Williams’ original soundtrack were restored to the film, some of them not heard in the theatrical release of the film nor on the popular two-disc soundtrack album. Additional cues underscoring scenes on Krypton, the planet’s destruction, and Otis’ journey through the Metropolis subway tunnels were heard for the first time, while other cues underscoring the launch of Kal-El’s starship, Superman intercepting and hurling the missile into space, the aftershocks of the earthquake, and Superman in action, all previously heard on the original soundtrack album, were restored to the context of the film.

- 2 DVDr / PAL or NTSC
- Fan Preservation
- Source: VHS recording of Australian OTA broadcast
- Fullscreen

Word to the Spookies!

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Rikter
EVEN COOLER UPDATE

IN PRODUCTION -

This alternate and VERY, VERY rare Recorded as aired NON-composite version includes all known footage. As the film and its sequels enjoyed its popularity in the early 1980’s, producers Alexander and Ilya Salkind took it upon themselves to prepare the film for its eventual television broadcast. In order to market the film to television stations around the world, the Salkinds re-edited the film with approximately 45 minutes of additional footage not released in theaters. Whereas Richard Donner had complete directorial control in editing the film for theatrical release, the Salkinds had control of the film for international distribution and television marketing, and the film was re-edited without Donner’s approval. The added footage brought the running time of the film to 188 minutes, the longest known version of the film to be assembled and shown to audiences around the world.

In addition to the many added scenes, a number of musical cues from John Williams’ original soundtrack were restored to the film, some of them not heard in the theatrical release of the film nor on the popular two-disc soundtrack album. Additional cues underscoring scenes on Krypton, the planet’s destruction, and Otis’ journey through the Metropolis subway tunnels were heard for the first time, while other cues underscoring the launch of Kal-El’s starship, Superman intercepting and hurling the missile into space, the aftershocks of the earthquake, and Superman in action, all previously heard on the original soundtrack album, were restored to the context of the film.

- 2 DVDr / PAL or NTSC
- Fan Preservation
- Fullscreen

Word to the Spookies!

holy crap i cant wait for this...
Author
Time
Here is a link to supermancinema.co.uk. They have some more info on the Official Extended Superman DVD's

Daily Planet

http://supermancinema.co.uk/daily_planet/news/images/sept05-dvd_se_confirmed.gif

Up! Up! And Away!

THX
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Rikter
EVEN COOLER UPDATE

I just got the S1 EXTENDED The International Salkind Cut Recorded as aired in 1982 on AUSTRALIAN TV and IT looks GREAT for a 23 years old FIRST GENERATION VHS copy! (IMHO )

http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Salkind_-_Sample_1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Salkind_-_Sample_2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Salkind_-_Sample_3.jpg

I am looking forward to this

Thanks Rikter

SO...

IN PRODUCTION -

- 2 DVDr / PAL or NTSC
- Fan Preservation
- Fullscreen

Word to the Spookies!

Author
Time
EDITED

IF your going to sell DVD's on ebay that I made...

I DO NOT WANT MY NAME or the ANGRYSUN LABEL ASSOCIATED with ANYONES AUCTIONS PERIOD

I MIGHT put some up on eBay for a few dollars BUT I assure you you will know my auctions as they will include the FREE links!

Author
Time
Rikter if you would like any of these Superman releases on newsgroups just send them my way!
Author
Time
I can't believe how much its going for either! If you look at his feedback, you can see that he has been selling the RIC SUperman for the same price. If you win the auction, surely it will give you his name and address - can't you check this against Myspleen and get him banned?
Author
Time
HAHAHAH - that's right!

I might just bid on ALL his future auctions (either by proxy or directly ) of my DVD if he keeps using my name.

MAN, I REALLY could use the money he's making...

Author
Time
Originally posted by: segaflip
Rikter if you would like any of these Superman releases on newsgroups just send them my way!

GIVE me a week or so to get some money for blanks

Author
Time
sort of off-topic, but it looks like Warners has talked Ilya Salkind into letting them use the missing donner footage. Talks are now underway to put together a Superman II Special Edition, with a possible Donner re-edit. This thing is closer to reality than it's ever been. They greenlight it fast enough, It might be ready in time for the Superman Returns DVD release winter of 06.
The Best Show You've Never Heard
Author
Time
Originally posted by: NeilB
I can't believe how much its going for either! If you look at his feedback, you can see that he has been selling the RIC SUperman for the same price. If you win the auction, surely it will give you his name and address - can't you check this against Myspleen and get him banned?

- Problem solved!

The guy removed the auction and has promised to lower the price and to remove all my info

Like I said a million times in the past THESE HAVE to get out there but please try to keep the prices low - I've now had my brother put up an auction for BUY-IN-NOW fpr only $.99 cents + shipping as well as information to get the FREE downloads!

LONG LIVE THE FANS!

Word to the Spookies...

Author
Time
Rikter is our king. LOL!

A long time ago in the faraway galaxy...

Star War: The Third Gathers
Backstroke Of The West

Author
Time
Has anyone actually recieved Superman II: RIC from Alex Serpa?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Author
Time
Originally posted by: mydogbuddy
Has anyone actually recieved Superman II: RIC from Alex Serpa?

He offers the DVD's over on the Superman forums - from what I can tell he's cool - I'VE never delt with him but I know a few that have.

The RIC he has is the same as the one I uploaded

Author
Time
I know he does.
I paid him $10 almost 3 weeks ago, and still no delivery. He keeps telling me "I'll ship on Monday". Emailed him on Friday, no response yet. He usually writes back promptly.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Author
Time
Originally posted by: mydogbuddy
I know he does.
I paid him $10 almost 3 weeks ago, and still no delivery. He keeps telling me "I'll ship on Monday". Emailed him on Friday, no response yet. He usually writes back promptly.

- 3 WEEKS!!!!!!

DANG!!!

Listen, email me your addy and I will ship you a copy on me - sound okay?

If you do mail me just include your forum name and that I responded to your post

RiK

Author
Time
COVER DONWLOAD

Here is a cover for the SUPERMAN III: The Extended Version I just uploaded and you just need to RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS - this cover was designed by COVERLABS

SAMPLE of the Coverlabs custom cover
http://home.comcast.net/~jdblanckonebay/SIII_-_Sample.jpg

PLEASE SEND me any custom covers if you make any for this release and I'll post them for everyone - I'm also planning a SUPERMAN Custom Cover torrent so please send them on over!!

THANKS GUYS!!

Author
Time
Trailer is spelled wrong.

And....is it typical to have self congratulatory comments on the menus?? lol

Is that a CGI Superman on the cover??
Author
Time
Originally posted by: digitalfreaknyc
Trailer is spelled wrong.

Is that a CGI Superman on the cover??
\

Looks like an Alex Ross painting of Superman on the cover.

B.

Author
Time
So does the extended version make this movie more watchable? I recently tried to watch Superman III and couldn't make through it in one sitting. It was just aweful to me. I liked it much better as a kid. Guess I grew up. Only decent parts were Annette O'Tool as Lana and the Kal El vs. Clark fight. Everything else was just horrendous. People say Superman IV is worse, but not to me. OK, enough of my rant, is it worth my time to download it if I hated watching III again recently?
Author
Time
Some more covers...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/supes3RIK.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/supes4RIK.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/superman.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/superman2.jpg

Galatians 2: 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: yanksno1
So does the extended version make this movie more watchable?

No!

Much of the added footage should not be considered bonus, but penalty footage.

This film is just not redeemable! Some films benefit from the insertion of extra (cutting Room Floor) footage, or the adding of a few new effects. But like Highlander 2, no amount of tinkering would ever help this installment.
The only reason that the film was "re-edited" for television, is that the Salkind's made their money by selling their product by the minuet to T.V. markets around the world. No artistic thought was ever put into any of the "T.V. re-workings" of the superman films. Take a look at the text commentery on the "Superman II RIC" DVD to see what I am talking about.

Now Supergirl & Superman IV was beter in longer versions, but I am not sure that is the same situation. And yes, I would say Superman IV was better then III, but not by much.

SUPERMAN III - GENERAL/EXTRA FOOTAGE from supermancinema.co.uk

Still, this version is worth having.
This version of Superman III now holds a spot on my DVD wall.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Coov
Some more covers...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/superman2.jpg

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you guys do a cover for my "DUNE" re-edit? PLEASE!!!!!! :-)

WOW! Superman 2 looks like it could be a very kewl movie with that cover!
It just may make me watch it a bit more then I do now.

That shot of the WTC on the back cover makes me remember a time when we believed a Superhero could be there to save us when it was required.

Fantastic!!!!
Author
Time
Originally posted by: digitalfreaknyc

- After so many folks have tried to claim my works as theirs - Yes it is