logo Sign In

Post #482956

Author
twooffour
Parent topic
Star Wars could have been a modern day Iliad.
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/482956/action/topic#482956
Date created
12-Mar-2011, 10:04 PM

@hailjorge

"I am sorry but your entire post just oozes with 'Im a PT fan  and OT fans  cant  see past the surface to understand what they are viewing'"

Wait, you actually took my post as a PT defense? Do you expect me to believe that you were sitting there guiding your thumb through the text like a drooling retard while muttering "hey what that? i dun uderstand what he says... guess he#s defending prequels? duih"???

"and you don't even understand the prequels enough to criticize these huge clusterfucks"

"Lucas took that risk with the PT by making the Emperor's scheme this chessmaster gambit - and fell flat on his face."

Yea, just OOZES with PT apologetics...

"you dont have to look past the surface with these pos films."

Who ever said anything about "looking past the surface"? If anything, you're the one making up shit so suit your points - somehow Anakin is supposed to know that Palpatine once approved of Padme's assassination, and let's not forget your INANE over-interpretation of the cave scene in ESB. Yea... SHAKESPEREAN.

Doesn't take a genius not to wonder why Anakin stay with Palps after helping to kill off Windu - nothing to look past the surface, it is ON The surface.

Basically, it's like this: these films are incredibly stupid, but you're too stupid to criticize them for that.

:: Warned for personal attack - M

"Yeah..to hell with a little thing like COMMON SENSE. Just cause it's a sci-fi movie I guess we need to leave our expectations of   good film making  at the door."

Common sense? Palpatine knows that Mace will use his "lightsaber block" and what the beams will do to his face. Or he can actually change appearence like any other archetypal double-faced villain, so he lets himself be transformed into monster mash under the guise of the lightning beams causing that.

That's your "common sense" right there. The film doesn't explain it, although in this case, the expression "leaving it ambiguous" probably doesn't fit anywhere as well as "throwing a contrived, unnecessary plot device at the audience and not bothering to elaborate".

I never said that "ambiguity" was any good in the film. But your assertion that "no way could that've been intended by Palpatine" is downright asinine.