logo Sign In

Post #533506

Author
Anchorhead
Parent topic
Star Wars coming to Blu Ray (UPDATE: August 30 2011, No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/533506/action/topic#533506
Date created
8-Sep-2011, 9:59 AM

hairy_hen said:

It's just another example of people tossing out meaningless hyperbolic catch-phrases and terminology they don't understand to make things sound scary or bad.  I unwittingly get enough of that just walking by when someone is watching the 'news', and I'd really appreciate it if it would stop being done here.

Also, some of our more perspective-lacking members might want to seriously think about getting some kind of counseling or treatment.  Willful failure to restore and release a series of films <<<<<<<<< war crimes.  Seriously—stow it with the depressive crap already.

I agree.  As a petition\discussion forum, we are in a different place than we were several years ago.  We're no longer a community that only other Star Wars nerds know about (whether they support us or not).  We are getting mention in respected blogs and on-line magazines. 

Our community has also given rise to a now published and respected Star Wars historian - whom the  Library Of Congress now directs people to for Star Wars fact checking.

With this release of the Blu-rays and the problems & lies surrounding them, there is new acknowledgment of our cause, as well as a spike in outspoken celebrities and mainstream bloggers calling attention to us (sometimes directly). 

I'm disappointed that interested new members may come here looking for usable information and instead see bickering,  Lucas-bashing, and  trolling.  We can do better.  We need to do better if things are ever going to change. Constructive, truthful, emotionally-driven criticism is one thing, and I'm all for it.  Comparing Lucas to a Nazi is just going to get us ridiculed - or worse - ignored.

Personally, I'd like to see the original  theatrical versions released - not who can post the best insult or the most obnoxious tall building picture.  Save it for Thunderdome Off-Topic.