logo Sign In

Post #325276

Author
PaulisDead2221
Parent topic
Star Wars - The Vintage Edit (* unfinished project *)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/325276/action/topic#325276
Date created
29-Jul-2008, 1:30 PM

I didn't want to do an update until I had something new to show.  I got a few really good looking encodes going, and I wanted to post screenshots, but it could use some more tweaking.  I'm having an issue with a strange jitter every second.  Seems to be because Adobe Premiere reads my HD source as 23.00 fps instead of 24.  Right now I'm just working on reassociating some files and figuring out the jitter.  I'm only completely lost on a few things:

1) The opening matte lasers are proving to be kind of tough, I could either overlay the lasers from the opening of the GOUT, which would be idea, and authentic.  What I'll probably have to do though, is redo each one, which is fine, except the HD video moves so slow and all.

2) The opening crawl looks great, until it recedes about four lines up, and major aliasing appears on the edges.  I either need to learn to recreate the crawl on my own, in HD res or higher, to avoid aliasing, or put an antialiasing blur on the crawl four lines up.  Again, the only issue with either is the cumbersome work involved with HD running.

3) There's four transitional wipes that Premiere can't do because it won't feather the edges properly.  The four wipes include, R2 in the canyons, the wipe to Ben's hut, the wipe to the cliff overlooking Mos Eisley, and the wipe to the entry in Mos Eisley.  I've been looking for programs to do just those shots with, but can't seem to find a program my computer is up to par with, or a program that will do the wipes right, or that I can work up to the learning curve for.

Anyway, besides that, everything's going fine.  I have a small side project in which I'm trying to create an general approximation of the original six track mix.  Sources include the 2004 SE DVD 5.1 surround track, the 1997 SE 5.1 surround track, the stereo six track mix preservation from Belbucus, as well as the isolated score.  The idea is to repair/re-approximate/mix/rework the various mixes into a 5.1 experience of the original six track.

So it's still moving.  If anyone has any advice, or help, it would be greatly appreciated.  I might be able to post new screenshots in the next few days or so.