logo Sign In

Post #648194

Author
You_Too
Parent topic
Star Wars OT & 1997 Special Edition - Various Projects Info (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/648194/action/topic#648194
Date created
2-Jul-2013, 11:32 AM

A_New_Hope said:

p.s.  I really like what you (and various other contributors) did with the Star Wars Trilogy Theatrical Editions V3 DVD release!  Are the Star Wars Original Trilogy Theatrical Edition Blu-ray Set V2(BD25) also sourced from GOUT?  (I made it as far as like page 7 or 8…150 pages is ALOT to try an catch up on and while certainly helpful, I didn't feel 100% clear as to what's new even after a close read of your edited #1 post).

dark_jedi has actually said many times that we should forget V3... haha

This new version is also GOUT-sourced but taken beyond what we thought was possible a couple years ago. We've upscaled it, created a process that removes most jagged edges in the picture which was a big problem with the GOUT, and also removed a lot of dirt from the picture here and there. There's also been a lot of time-consuming work to remove glue marks and flashes that appear here and there, as well as correcting color errors like Vader's belt lights being pink instead of green.

The difference you'll notice right away though, is the restoration of the colors. Check this post I made a while ago to see a comparison where the difference is very visible.