logo Sign In

Info Wanted: Star Wars DVD's Web commentaries - are they lost forever?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

On the 2004 OT SE set & the PT DVD’s there is a link using Interactual player that takes you to exclusive online commentaries for the movies. But ever since Starwars.com changed its appearance the commentaries are no longer available. I managed to get ANH but did anyone ever manage to get the rest of the commentaries or have these disappeared forever? With the new box sets just being repackaged versions why hasn’t Starwars.com kept these so called exclusives?

I’m hoping that someone somewhere has recorded the rest of the commentaries because i would love  to be able to use them for my AVCHD saga project

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

yes ady, i've tried too..and these commentaries are missing in SW.com...is there someone around who got this please help ady to get them... 

Grooaoohumpf
(scuze my english)
Author
Time

Pity I never saw these... I (foolishly) bought the 2004 editions right when they came out, and got sick of waiting for them to post web content...

Author
Time

To be honest, I never knew they updated the DVD website. 

Did you try the forum on theforce.net?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The dvd rom script thing that went along with the movie was only done for star wars and empire strikes back.  I waited for ever for them to do the promised one for return of the jedi from the shooting script. obviously they never bothered to finish the content.  They did something similar at the Indiana Jones site promising more content that never was released.

All the fantastic matrial from the lfl archives they promised hyperspace subscribers never materialed either so i cancelled my membership and did not renew.

Probably took it down but im remember they promised the old documentaries and deleted scenes as a possibility.  Pablo Hidalgo probably wanted that but George probably said no.

First it was like specialeditions website, then prequeltrilogy website, and now clone wars website.

Even if it was special editions at least it was somewhat original trilogy related, and sometimes they would have material on the oot very rarely in insider or on the site.

I wish the official site focused on the real star wars trilogy.  But we cannot even get a quality dvd release in anamorphic.

Sadly it takes sites like starwars archives to make Lucas look like a joke.  too bad that sites interface is impossible to use and requires membership signup.

The official site is an absolute joke.  It is even more worthless than its sister site tfn.  It is nothing but a clone wars advertisement and links you to lucas own online store for overpriced crap merchandise.

Why do people still buy those plastic figures and give Lucas their money? 

People are contributing to the monster that is LFL.  The more money you give the dude the more he will bury the old trilogy.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.