logo Sign In

Star Wars Blooper Reel

Author
Time

Why does the facebook page show the editdroid LD label, if it's from the ebook?

https://www.facebook.com/rotjeditdroid

Author
Time

Mielr said:

Because whoever's running that page thought it was a good idea to post videos from the ebook.

ROTJ Storyboard Reconstruction Project

Author
Time

ray_afraid said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Color me....VERY underwhelmed. Wow.

Fair enough. But on a site where just rumors of news get people buzzing, you can't be surprised that some of us are excited to see some unseen BTS footage.

I'm always grateful for unseen footage. I just can't imagine showing something like this at a convention and getting laughs. I guess when I saw "blooper reel," I expected something....funny.

Other than that, it's awesome. I always welcome new footage.

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

Mielr said:

Because whoever's running that page thought it was a good idea to post videos from the ebook.

The couple of videos on the page that are from the ebook were sent to us by someone else and we posted them before we discovered they were from the ebook.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

Cushing blowing his lines and Stormtrooper wardrobe malfunctions are funny! And wow, did they ever blow the heck up out of that elevator door. I think it's louder on set than in the movie!

I think the mystery of the figure glimpsed in the movie leaving the Falcon's cockpit as they escape Mos Eisely has finally been solved.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Funny as some of the bloopers are there are some fine elements in there which could be saved and used with modern technology.

One example being the landspeeder (before the mirrored material covering the wheels gets torn off) it looks great.

If the raw footage was cleaned up and made available in HD it could be dropped into different mix of the film (with the blooper moments edited around naturally).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Wolfman said:

Jedit: Now on youtube :)

Gone. :-( Crap.

Did anybody get it before they took it down?

I'm totally confused...is the footage from the Editdroid LD the same as what was released with the ebooks?

Author
Time

Interesting Random House was involved in the takedown. Are the bloopers in the E book?

Kind of too late since CNN aired most of it anyway.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

The link in Wolfman's post above is the only one I was able to watch so far, and it stated it was from the SW ebook: it showed the clip of the rebel's helmet coming off, Han eating his mic, the Luke "supernova" blooper, etc.

Author
Time

Mielr - if you're on myspleen it will solve your problems :-)

Author
Time

Mielr said: 

I'm totally confused...is the footage from the Editdroid LD the same as what was released with the ebooks?

No.

The confusion has arisen because two entirely separate sources of "lost" footage have been discovered at around the same time.

The Editdroid LD contains raw footage from the shooting of ROTJ.

The audio/video content of the eBooks (complete list here) includes the gag reel, behind the scenes stuff and dailies.  

There was even more confusion when the people who run the Editdroid LD Facebook group posted clips from the eBook contents on their page.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time

Interesting that it was taken down given how much press it got (I remember seeing Jimmy Fallon talk about it a couple of night ago, even).