logo Sign In

Star Trek XII: Into Darkness [WIP - Needs Title] (* unfinished project *)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello, this is an edit that I actually first did with a bootleg copy of the film when it was in theaters. I’m going to be remaking it and distributing it for the first time in the coming weeks/months (but hopefully just weeks).

This edit has a few objectives, namely to reduce the clutter in the story and make it feel more like classic Trek.

1. Flip the Opening sequence to the order shown in the Imax preview that was shown with the Hobbit. There isn’t any real reason for this, I just liked the presentation in this order.
  2. Cut the Kirk Threesome/Beastie boys - it’s pointless. We already know Kirk’s a “player”, but this just makes him look like a douche.
  3. Cut the Spock/Uhura shuttle drama on Qo’noS
  4. Reminds me, fix spelling of Qo’noS if possible
  5. Skip gratuitous and completely pointless Carol Marcus lingerie scene
  6. Cut all of Nimoy’s Spock. I love Nimoy, but the film should be about the “current” generation. Also I want to leave Cumberbatch’s identity more ambiguous. Nimoy’s Spock is only person to call him Khan Noonien Singh.
  7. Cut the “behind the port nacelle” line (it’s been a while, but that irked me)

On the whole this looks like it should be a simple and straight forward edit. Hopefully I’ll finish it and get it released to you people.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

XII?? So is this going to be a se/ prequel to the original films, rather than a reboot? That would be interesting... 

Author
Time

marioxb said:

XII?? So is this going to be a se/ prequel to the original films, rather than a reboot? That would be interesting... 

Nope, I'm just a moron. I hit an extra I when typing XI

Author
Time

generalrose said:

marioxb said:

Nope, I'm just a moron. I hit an extra I when typing XI

Well, even just 11. I don't consider the JJ Abrams films to be 10 and 11. They are 1 and 2.

Author
Time

10 and 11?  I think you mean 11 and 12.  There are 6 TOS movies and 4 TNG movies before the 2 reboot films.  So "XII" would be correct.

Author
Time

Whatever. It's a reboot. So they are 1 and 2. Just like Batman Begins is not Batman 5 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 is not Spider-Man 5.