logo Sign In

Socks or Real People?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

There are two apparently new members at OT.com, HelpMeObiWanKenobi and Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold. Are these new, real posters or is this a new thing regular posters are doing?

Because if it is some new deal, I want to create a sock named ManyBothansDiedtoBringUsThisInformation. Either that or SompeetalayVereTanTeNachtVakeCheeta. That's right, I'm reserving sock names.

Want to book yourself or a guest on THE VFP Show? PM me!

Author
Time

I sincerely hope we don't get too carried away with this sock thing.

Author
Time

Well that's why I'm curious; because there's something rather funny about those user names. But hell, maybe that's their real names, who knows?

I was just kidding anyway - I have no desire to sock.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

I sincerely hope we don't get too carried away with this sock thing.

Amen!

Sandals are meant to be worn with bare feet.  End of discussion.

Author
Time

Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold has posted in the past, he seems independent. Don't know about HelpMe though.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time

I say anyone who is even suspected of being a sock should be burned at the stake.

I nominate bkev.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

When signing up here, I think many of us feel the need to come up with a Star Wars related name, only later realizing that doing so is kind of lame.

Using a famous quote from the films as a user name is very uncreative and therefore quick and easy to come up with, yet still somewhat amusing at the same time. So I don't see it as all that suspicious.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time

CP3S said:

Using a famous quote from the films as a user name is very uncreative and therefore quick and easy to come up with, yet still somewhat amusing at the same time. So I don't see it as all that suspicious.

Yeah, but what the hell is CP3S?

Author
Time

C3PX is an assassination droid sometimes comicly mistaken for C3PO.  I don't know what a CP3S is...

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape is a theatrical and film tape used to secure cords and equipment... and boobies!!!

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

If you alter ego is a sock, shouldn't your "real person" be your foot?

Author
Time

C3PX was my attempt at coming up with something Star Wars related, if I could do it again, I would have given my user name some more thought. C3PX was a protocol droid that had been converted into an undercover assassin droid from one of Dark Horse's Droids comics. So yeah, I have a lame, poorly thought out something Star Wars (EU no less) related user name.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time

C3PX said:

C3PX was my attempt at coming up with something Star Wars related, if I could do it again, I would have given my user name some more thought. C3PX was a protocol droid that had been converted into an undercover assassin droid from one of Dark Horse's Droids comics.

Lol, I had no idea C3PX was an actual droid.  I though it was just a play on C3PO, like x's and o's or something.

Oops...I mean...damn you, CP3S!

Author
Time

Because everyone was asking, my name is a meta-textual reference to the idea that a dictatorial Sith would even bother with an election! Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh, the very idea! Even if elections were held, who else would receive votes?! Oh, what a hoot I am!

Author
Time

See, a name like "vote_for_palpatine" is rather clever, and requires more thought than simply stealing a name from an EU character, or some other random Star Wars reference. Gaffer's name is another great creative Star Wars related name that required some thought.

Author
Time

My name represents the height of utter nerdiness. Akwat Kbrana was a Mon-Cal Jedi I ran for years in the old West End Star Wars RPG.

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Since this is now the "explain your nick" thread, mine is a combo of TV's Frank from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Professor Frink from The Simpsons.

Author
Time

Akwat Kbrana said:

My name represents the height of utter nerdiness. Akwat Kbrana was a Mon-Cal Jedi I ran for years in the old West End Star Wars RPG.

Hence the picture of the Witch King, got it!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

... and Professor Frink from The Simpsons.

WHAT?

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

Mine was created by using a complex algorithm to combine my name, a videogame console, and a code number I remember from some obscure series of spy movies.

Star Wars Episode XXX: Erica Strikes Back

Davnes007 LogoCanadian Flag

If you want Nice, go to France

Author
Time

xhonzi, as C3PX accurately guessed once upon a time, is the Albanian phonetic spelling of my actual last name "Jonesy" or "Jones" really.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Davnes007 said:

Mine was created by using a complex algorithm to combine my name, a videogame console, and a code number I remember from some obscure series of spy movies.

Hence the picture of the hot chick, got it!

xhonzi said:

TV's Frink said:

... and Professor Frink from The Simpsons.

WHAT?

Sorry, I confused my self with my sock.

Author
Time

I just used my name.  Dunno why you all make this so complicated.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Since this is now the "explain your nick" thread, mine is a combo of TV's Frank from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Professor Frink from The Simpsons.

And I've been looking for an opportunity to tell you how awesome your screen name is:

Your screen name is awesome.

Mine is from a group my friends made in high school, back when everyone was obsessed with GoldenEye 64.  We all picked numbers, I got 005.  When I wanted to change my lame first.last@juno.com email address (to give you an idea of how long ago this was), it hit me to spell it out.  I've used it for everything ever since.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress