logo Sign In

Shia now says they dropped the Ball on Indiana Jones IV,lol. Apparently it sucked!

Author
Time

"I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you've made ... . And I think if you don't acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you're promoting a movie."    

I wish Lucas would listen to this guy.  

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Warbler said:

"I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you've made ... . And I think if you don't acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you're promoting a movie."

I wish Lucas would listen to this guy.

I think Lucas taught him everything he knows...pretend there's nothing wrong for years and then blame someone else.

Almost everything that is wrong about KOTCS is down to Lucas (he no, noed the scripts Harrison and Spielberg liked and insisted on all the scenes we have to hate).

Now Shia may be a crap actor (I honestly can't remember him being good in anything) but blaming Spielberg for him not being able to give a convincing performance against CGI monkeys takes some sort of ingenuity...I guess he was to blame for his inability to give a convincing performance against giant CGI robots too.

Hayden to his credit, hasn't said his performance would have been better in Dobley.

Author
Time

um, I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that Shia was blaming himself and taking responsibility.

"You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg, who directed]. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault. Simple."

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Note how he says you could blame the writer and the director for the more daft stuff but he couldn't bring the less bizarre scenes to life as an actor.

I doubt if any actor could pull off the monkey business.

He doesn't do too badly in the less silly scenes but in any film injected with such jarring material a so-so performance is going to look and feel worse.

He's just a bit bland, not really awful (possibly because he had assistance from other actors and an experienced director) but he says his lines he looks the part but he's in a film with sudden bad computer game action.

He puts the blame for that on Spielberg, he should point the finger at the guy who insisted on putting those elements in which was neither the writer or the director or even himself.

Author
Time

he didn't blame Spielberg, he blamed himself.

Author
Time

You have to read between the lines.  It's implied.

Author
Time

maybe, but it just doesn't come across that way to me.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

maybe, but it just doesn't come across that way to me.

He does say very plainly that Spielberg "dropped the ball."

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bingowings said:

I doubt if any actor could pull off the monkey business.

GORMALLY likes the pun.

Author
Time

The only movie I can think of where I thought Shia was pretty good was Holes. But that was years ago.

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time

Shia seems... not humble... whats the word, where you go "Yeah, I admit I wasn't very good, but the whole movie sucked Spielberg blew it, and Harrison Ford would say so too!"

Oh yeah... it's a dick move.

LeBouf is a one-note actor that Spielberg hand picked to make into a bankable star, and he pulls this so that he can seem 'honest' when he hypes his next crappy movie?

There is no "We" when you talk LeBouf and Spielberg. All LeBouf can say is "I was in a shitty movie, but while I can humbly say I didn't act well, really I lay the blame on the feet of someone else. Aren't I likable and real?"

Author
Time

I thought Shia was reasonably good, and in fact I find some honesty from any public figure refreshing.

Author
Time

Wow. I had no idea he said things like that. Uhh...thanks..I think?

Guys: It's called an adventure movie. You know, escapist adventure-not action. Things like Zorro, Gunga Din, early James Bond, and everything else Indy built upon. Indy filled a hole in the 80's because there are no more adventure films. The last great one was in 1975 and made by a true adventurer, John Huston. That's why the main inspiration was the Treasure of the Sierra Madre.  For example Belloq is a great character, a great role, and a believable and enticing opponent. Spalko is first and foremost annoying and a carboard cutout (and people said this of Willie..Jesus-"thatsh forsh blasphemysh").

Indy IV, The Prequels, Mad Max 3. They never happened. They live now...only in my memories...

VADER!? WHERE THE HELL IS MY MOCHA LATTE? -Palpy on a very bad day.
“George didn’t think there was any future in dead Han toys.”-Harrison Ford
YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DamnFoolIdealisticCrusader