Time
 (Edited)

Sheena 1984

Sheena 1984 BD25 Specs

Video:
1080p AVC HD Transfer

Audio:
1 - PCM 2.0 (Laserdisc)
2 - Dolby Digital 5.1 (Laserdisc PCM Custom Mix)
3 - Dolby Digital 2.0 (HD Stream)

Subtitles:
None

Extras:
1 - HBO Promo
2 - Home Video Release Trailer
3 - Outtake from "Investigating Tarzan" documentary
(extras are not in excellent quality but definitely watchable)

Disc size: 20.9

Available through Uploaded.net links and Myspleen!

*a special thanks to our Anonymous Capper or this would have never been possible!*

Enjoy

Author
Time

YES! Wonderful movie with a wonderful actress. Where and when?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I recently watched this, and it's another fantastic release by Team Blu!!!

Image quality is great and the de-interlace work is totally seamless (I believe it was from an interlaced source, right?).

The LaserDisc audio track really impressed me. I'm a huge fan of LD tracks, but this time I was a bit more skeptical because there was no digital sound LD for the movie. Not a problem here though, DJ's digital capture and sync of the anolog track is fantastic. It shows how good a properly done analog track can sound.

The only issue with the original mix (and not at all a TB's fault) is that sometimes there are dialog bleeds to the left channel. It sounds a little bit like an echoing effect.

The inclusion of the original HD stream audio is very nice as well!

I just sampled the 5.1 track because I really don't like remixes. So I won't post any thoughtful comments about it, but I know it should please enthusiasts.    

The extra package is simple, but very nice.

Congratulations Team Blu, you guys nailed it again!!!

ps:Now I can't wait to watch TWB. 

Author
Time

BDgeek said:

Image quality is great and the de-interlace work is totally seamless (I believe it was from an interlaced source, right?).

The LaserDisc audio track really impressed me. I'm a huge fan of LD tracks, but this time I was a bit more skeptical because there was no digital sound LD for the movie. Not a problem here though, DJ's digital capture and sync of the anolog track is fantastic. It shows how good a properly done analog track can sound.

The only issue with the original mix (and not at all a TB's fault) is that sometimes there are dialog bleeds to the left channel. It sounds a little bit like an echoing effect.

I just sampled the 5.1 track because I really don't like remixes. So I won't post any thoughtful comments about it, but I know it should please enthusiasts.    

Thank you for the great review, hopefully more will follow soon because there are more copies out there, and just for the record, You_Too did the sync job on this one because of the hell I was going through on The White Buffalo, so a huge thanks to him for helping me out on this one.

I guess if anyone is interested I may as well start sharing the links now.

Thanks again BDgeek!

Author
Time

aaannd......I am hoping to have this waiting for me in the mail tonight too when I get home. Disc review coming soon.

Author
Time

I haven't had the time to watch the movie all the way through, but I've skimmed through the film, checking out the different audio tracks and general quality.  The picture quality is good though I did notice a few short scenes where there was a lot of grain and noise, no doubt due to limitations in the available source materials, but overall the picture quality is really good, given the age of the film.  The audio came out better than expected after the issues with the 5.1 track and digital capture of the laserdisc analog audio were worked out and provide a good variety for all tastes. 

The printing on the inside of the cover with the track listings and additional artwork was nice and the miniature lobby cards was a nice touch.  I'll post some photos when I get a chance to take a few pictures.

Also, it seems like all the racy scenes are conveniently marked with chapter stops.  I'm not sure if these were the chapters on the DVD/LD release or a creative decision by Team Blu. ;)

Author
Time

Space Kaijuu said:

I haven't had the time to watch the movie all the way through, but I've skimmed through the film, checking out the different audio tracks and general quality.  The picture quality is good though I did notice a few short scenes where there was a lot of grain and noise, no doubt due to limitations in the available source materials, but overall the picture quality is really good, given the age of the film.  The audio came out better than expected after the issues with the 5.1 track and digital capture of the laserdisc analog audio were worked out and provide a good variety for all tastes. 

The printing on the inside of the cover with the track listings and additional artwork was nice and the miniature lobby cards was a nice touch.  I'll post some photos when I get a chance to take a few pictures.

Also, it seems like all the racy scenes are conveniently marked with chapter stops.  I'm not sure if these were the chapters on the DVD/LD release or a creative decision by Team Blu. ;)

lol those chapters were all taken from the DVD, thank you for the review and I am sure people would love to see the pics when you get a chance.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I remember seeing this as a kid. As I worked on this project with the team I just got more and more eager to watch it again, lol. While I did not watch the whole movie (yet) I sampled the disc and I am blown away at the work that the rest of the team has done. Picture quality is outstanding and the PCM audio is my favourite so far. The small collection of special features do not disappoint.

Another OUTSTANDING release!!!!

Author
Time

SOunds like it turned out great like so many of your pieces are.

Looking forward to seeing this for myself soon !

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Watched this last night. I believe this is the first time I've ever seen this movie and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Now it might have something to do with Tanya Roberts running around half naked, I'm not sure. The video was top notch and the 5.1audio track was just as good. I really like the different disc and cover art to choose from. You can tell a lot of work goes in to these releases. Thanks to everyone at Team Blu for another great release.

Author
Time

Here are a couple of photos of the blu ray and case.  Sorry for the poor quality.  The second photo shows the double-sided case insert and mini lobby cards.

Author
Time

dark_jedi said:

BDgeek said:

Thank you for the great review, hopefully more will follow soon because there are more copies out there, and just for the record, You_Too did the sync job on this one because of the hell I was going through on The White Buffalo, so a huge thanks to him for helping me out on this one.

I guess if anyone is interested I may as well start sharing the links now.

Thanks again BDgeek!

Hi - please provide some links for this awesome movie? Thanks for all your great work, you are the blu-ray maestros!

Author
Time

Will one of you be a hero and post this on the spleen.  The conventional method is proving rather difficult.  Thanks in advance to the kind soul who takes pity on us, providing buxom Tanya Roberts and painted zebra horses to the world.

Author
Time

This one turned out great.  I was really impressed by how beautiful the entire presentation was from start to finish.  Incredible audio without question.  The video is so crystal clear and vibrant... simply glorious.  Many thanks to Dark Jedi for including this one on the Spleen and to all of Team Blu for their magnificent work.  It is jaw dropping, beyond measure.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  Anyone who doesn't get this one is a damn fool.  Bravo!

Author
Time

Flexicon9 said:

This one turned out great.  I was really impressed by how beautiful the entire presentation was from start to finish.  Incredible audio without question.  The video is so crystal clear and vibrant... simply glorious.  Many thanks to Dark Jedi for including this one on the Spleen and to all of Team Blu for their magnificent work.  It is jaw dropping, beyond measure.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  Anyone who doesn't get this one is a damn fool.  Bravo!

Thanks for the compliments, so did you take a listen to the custom 5.1 track? if so what did you think? plus isn't it nice to have this in its OAR? the only other time to have it OAR was in the very, very hard to find first pressing flipper DVD(which I have lol) glad you are liking it, I know I do for sure, the movie may be cheesy, corny, whatever, but it is a good ride and Tanya Roberts is flat out stunning in this movie!

Author
Time

I'm new so please excuse my ignorance but I've looked around this site and don't know how to find these links

Many thanks

Ken

Author
Time

It's the same director as the '76 Kong, so that kind of cheese is good when it's complimented by genuine heartfelt resonance.  This is what's missing from today's cinema and that more than anything is why I really miss the '80s.  They just don't make 'em like that anymore.  I have to say that when watching Team Blu's presentation of Sheena, it's really difficult to decide which is better between the 5.1 track and the original laserdisc 2-Channel audio.  They are both robust, solid and engaging... and yes, seeing this film in high definition wide screen for the first time ever was truly stunning.  Excellent, excellent work in both areas.  I'm a real sucker for a good man vs. nature story and Sheena is truly one of the very best.  Tanya didn't exactly make the greatest films and she's not the greatest actress, but none of that matters when you see this movie.  It's got heart, it's got action and it's got a super hot leading lady... and it's got lots of critters.  What more could any man ask for?  Really, really happy you guys put this thing together as it just made me a very happy kid again.  Truly great work and everyone should get this whether you're a fan of the film or not... you will kick yourself if this fades away and you don't have a copy in your collection.

Author
Time

Ken, just PM me and I'll get you some info.  Thanks again to Team Blu!

Author
Time

Flexicon9 said:

It's the same director as the '76 Kong, so that kind of cheese is good when it's complimented by genuine heartfelt resonance.  This is what's missing from today's cinema and that more than anything is why I really miss the '80s.  They just don't make 'em like that anymore.  I have to say that when watching Team Blu's presentation of Sheena, it's really difficult to decide which is better between the 5.1 track and the original laserdisc 2-Channel audio.  They are both robust, solid and engaging... and yes, seeing this film in high definition wide screen for the first time ever was truly stunning.  Excellent, excellent work in both areas.  I'm a real sucker for a good man vs. nature story and Sheena is truly one of the very best.  Tanya didn't exactly make the greatest films and she's not the greatest actress, but none of that matters when you see this movie.  It's got heart, it's got action and it's got a super hot leading lady... and it's got lots of critters.  What more could any man ask for?  Really, really happy you guys put this thing together as it just made me a very happy kid again.  Truly great work and everyone should get this whether you're a fan of the film or not... you will kick yourself if this fades away and you don't have a copy in your collection.

Now this is great reading! I feel the same way, thanks.

Author
Time

Thanks a ton for the nice reviews!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

This is simply awesome. Brilliantly done, thank you. As a noob to the site, could someone tell me how to locate or acquire uploaded.net links, assuming that's not a verbotten question? The casual reference to them above in the OP makes me assume there's a standard method, so a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated (couldn't find specifics in the FAQ).

BTW, for those interested, I recently discovered that Sheena is on Vudu's at-home D2D (disc to digital) program, so if you've got the DVD you can "upgrade" it and get an HDX (1080p) copy in your library (which also adds the rights for it to Ultraviolet, so you'll have it elsewhere, too). Downside, at least for me, is that the software wouldn't recognize the disc, so I had to take it into a Walmart for manual conversion, and you can't get the discount (half price if you do 10 or more at once) if you go in-store. I've found this is a really cool way to get BR-quality copies of my favorite DVDs that aren't yet out on BR (for the ones they've added so far, anyway). 

Save the Whales; Collect the Whole Set!