logo Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - 12GB 1080p MP4 VERSION AVAILABLE NOW — Page 1424

Author
Time

It is finished, but that link will help you find it.

Preferred Saga:
1/2: Hal9000
3: L8wrtr
4/5: Adywan
6-9: Hal9000

Author
Time

There’s one little background change that was made to TESB when it hit 4K that the Revisited version doesn’t have. On the 2011 Blu-Ray, in the three close-up shots where Luke’s X-Wing is sinking in the water, there’s a black section that’s cast over the top right corner. The 4K version fixed that by replacing the black section with more haze. You can see the differences here: https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=137645

Is this change even worth applying to TESB:R when you get to working on the Blu-Ray?

Author
Time

Jedi122 said:

There’s one little background change that was made to TESB when it hit 4K that the Revisited version doesn’t have. On the 2011 Blu-Ray, in the three close-up shots where Luke’s X-Wing is sinking in the water, there’s a black section that’s cast over the top right corner. The 4K version fixed that by replacing the black section with more haze. You can see the differences here: https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=137645

Is this change even worth applying to TESB:R when you get to working on the Blu-Ray?

To be clear, that’s not so much a “fix” as “the 4K version didn’t ruin the scan of the film in that particular way”.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time

doubleofive said:

Jedi122 said:

To be clear, that’s not so much a “fix” as “the 4K version didn’t ruin the scan of the film in that particular way”.

So, it’s not really worth it?

Author
Time

Jedi122 said:

doubleofive said:

Jedi122 said:

I’m just saying it’s not a “fix”, it’s a choice of what scan he wants to use.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time
 (Edited)

doubleofive said:

Jedi122 said:

doubleofive said:

Jedi122 said:

I’m just saying it’s not a “fix”, it’s a choice of what scan he wants to use.

That’s fine. One interesting thing I noticed is that there are at least two things in Empire: Revisited that Adywan changed that Lucasfilm THEMSELVES would change two years later for the 4K version, and I don’t think they even knew about Revisited. Like Revisited, a new explosion effect was made for the Hoth power generator, and there was the removal of part of a window reflection that accidentally went over the side of the window in front of Leia, right after Luke left Dagobah.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I know you’re not taking requests anymore and this is kinda petty, but…

It’s always bugged me that when han is trying to force boot the falcon he accidentally breaks the door frame:

before smack:

After smack:
(It’s more apparent in motion)

He even seems surprised that it breaks but keeps on going…
am I the only one that noticed this? or was this a purposeful gag?

-TGWNN

Author
Time

I mean, the Falcon is falling apart at that point in the story, so I’d leave it. A functioning ship doesn’t need an intact door frame.

Author
Time

It’s not supposed to be pristine like it was back when Lando had it.

Author
Time

One reason I ask about what the audio quality on the Blu-Ray will be like is because I noticed when watching it again that the clarity of the Star Wars theme didn’t match the higher clarity of the 20th Century Fox fanfare right before. I’m not sure if it’s because of the Blu-Ray source, the audio compression, or if that’s just how it has always sounded.

Author
Time

HotRod said:

Yo

It’s been a while

Can someone link me to where I can download this please

It’s been a while and I’ve lost my copy

Cheers

I lost my copy too, Ady did send me a DVD many many years ago when it first came out, and I’m dying to see it again after all this time. I can’t for the life of me find it!

Can you please post a link for me too?

I am a kite dancing in a hurricane …

Author
Time
 (Edited)

HotRod said:

Yo

It’s been a while

Can someone link me to where I can download this please

It’s been a while and I’ve lost my copy

Cheers

ladyferry said:
I lost my copy too, Ady did send me a DVD many many years ago when it first came out, and I’m dying to see it again after all this time. I can’t for the life of me find it!

Can you please post a link for me too?

His website, it’s on his website.
https://swrevisited.wordpress.com
just go to “about revisited” > “how to get”.

if you want a Google Drive link then pm me.
but I’m not taking any other requests for links after this! you guys have to know how to obtain edits.

-TGWNN