logo Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - 12GB 1080p MP4 VERSION AVAILABLE NOW — Page 1016

Author
Time

Those Ties are exactly how I imagined they should be. No exaggeration. Just the right amount of blue. I needn't have worried even slightly.

Author
Time

someone mentioned that when ESB comes out you will still be able to watch it even if you don't have a xbox360.what did he mean by that?

"you make a living by what you get,but you make a life by what you give"           winston churchill

Author
Time

He was asking for clarification that it's going to be released in formats OTHER than Blu Ray so it can be played on devices without Blu Ray functionality - e.g. the 360

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Monroville said:

I always felt that Vader gave Luke a nudge towards the vents, which then pulled him in once he got close enough (as that initial scene with Luke tumbling towards the vents looks too awkward for him to be naturally sucked in, not to mention it fit with Vader wanting his son to live).

Even so, I always figured Luke was under the "dish" of Cloud City, which brings us to this image:

I think the problem is the perspective of the central shaft, which should be MUCH wider at the top right, considering that Luke would not be that far away from it (the best Luke would have traveled through the tube before being ejected couldn't have been more than a football field length), not to mention that the central shaft would be as wide as a small city.

Also, regardless of flipping or altering the shot of Luke's first entry into the airshafts, should the walls be darker and the lights given any kind of FX to better match it's appearance in the farther perspective shot?:

Okay, it matches better than I first thought, but you get the idea...

DON'T alter the thickness of the shaft in the first picture / outside view!

I always thought of Luke simply falling an endless long tube down to the bottom. Hes literally taking an epic fall. Disregarding any timings might hinting otherwise.

Or adywan could take a still shot, subtitled "5 minutes later"... then you hear Luke screaming, slowly becoming louder, until  dropping out the bottom" In a real comical fashion, maybe even add a slide-whistle sound. See the car-flip scene in The Man with the Golden Gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh0VF6s-UYU 

Author
Time

BuddhaMaster said:

Excuse me, but that first puppet is Yogurt from Spaceballs, not Yoda.

I'm almost sure of it

Word is that Mel Brooks just HATED having Frank Oz's hand up there during shooting. They're apparently STILL not on speaking terms.

Author
Time

adywan said:

ctlw83 said:

Hey, for those who are "in the know" so to speak, I'm just curious about something.  In the ESB revisit, how many effect shots have been re-done/enhanced with new models, new people, etc?  Basically, how much "new" footage has been needed to correct the mistakes of old and/or to enhance existing scenes?

Personally, I have always been interested in videography but, just don't have much time/money to pursue it anymore.

I would hate to start counting them just yet, but you will be able to see just how many have been replaced with the visual changes guide that will be on the blu-ray and DVD

On a related note - will there be a running text commentary track like on ANH:R or, better yet, an audio commentary track?

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

muddyknees2000 said:

BuddhaMaster said:

Excuse me, but that first puppet is Yogurt from Spaceballs, not Yoda.

I'm almost sure of it

Word is that Mel Brooks just HATED having Frank Oz's hand up there during shooting. They're apparently STILL not on speaking terms.

Actually that took me 5 minutes of surfing the internet, then I got it.

Very funny. ;)

My second answer is: That puppet didn't entirely look like Yoda. Somehow skinnier. Maybe because it's not in use or a replica or just bad lighting

Author
Time

At this stage I have nothing to add in regards to ideas for the main edit but it might make for a nice disc extra to present a few key scenes with the unused music score sequences restored and timed to match the action.

Adywan's cleaned up and enhanced saber duel with Williams' unused music would make an interesting curio.

Author
Time

Bingowings said:

At this stage I have nothing to add in regards to ideas for the main edit but it might make for a nice disc extra to present a few key scenes with the unused music score sequences restored and timed to match the action.

Adywan's cleaned up and enhanced saber duel with Williams' unused music would make an interesting curio.

Yes, i'm already planing on doing this for some scenes for the special features section

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
 (Edited)

adywan said:

ctlw83 said:

Hey, for those who are "in the know" so to speak, I'm just curious about something.  In the ESB revisit, how many effect shots have been re-done/enhanced with new models, new people, etc?  Basically, how much "new" footage has been needed to correct the mistakes of old and/or to enhance existing scenes?

Personally, I have always been interested in videography but, just don't have much time/money to pursue it anymore.

I would hate to start counting them just yet, but you will be able to see just how many have been replaced with the visual changes guide that will be on the blu-ray and DVD.

Nice to see that you're planning adding a 'visual changes guide' to your actual edit, now.  That will really show anyone who sees your versions just how much work you've put into these.  Mind you, there's gonna be a heck of a lot to fully list come the time ESB:R is done!

adywan said:

I've added the new fuller change list to the first post and this includes a list of which versions will be available.

Good to see an update on your very first post regarding *some* of those things on the changes list.

adywan said:

All the TIES have been tinted with the same settings.  The shade would vary depending on the lightings, which is why they may look slightly different.

Thanks for clarifying this.  That makes sense. :)

And I never noticed that you'd 'shadowed' half of the Executor's underside to match the distant shot of it, until you showed this comparison - http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108835  A nice tweak there.

adywan said:

Shortly before the release of ESB:R, a Revisited Complete Saga trailer will be released.

I've also noticed that you've added this to the bottom of your very first post as well now. 

Awesome! :) 

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

Any plans to include the Deleted Scenes, as if this was a full-and-proper-official-release?

To be honest I could take or leave this. In order to download Revisted we're meant to own the Blu Ray set anyway, which would mean we already have a disk with the scenes on them. There's not much Ady can do to 'revisit' these scenes to differentiate his release from the official one as they are of such poor quality.

Author
Time

brash_stryker said:

timdiggerm said:

Any plans to include the Deleted Scenes, as if this was a full-and-proper-official-release?

To be honest I could take or leave this. In order to download Revisted we're meant to own the Blu Ray set anyway, which would mean we already have a disk with the scenes on them. There's not much Ady can do to 'revisit' these scenes to differentiate his release from the official one as they are of such poor quality.
brash is on it.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time

brash_stryker said:

timdiggerm said:

Right, obviously. It still feels like it'd be nice to have them all in one place - The "definitive" version of the film, the correct bonus features, etc.

ROTJ Storyboard Reconstruction Project

Author
Time

adywan said: Yes, i'm already planing on doing this for some scenes for the special features section

Yay!

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

brash_stryker said:

timdiggerm said:

Right, obviously. It still feels like it'd be nice to have them all in one place - The "definitive" version of the film, the correct bonus features, etc.

I know how you feel. I'm a completist as well - to an obsessive degree. But the way I see it, the deleted scenes in the state in which they were released aren't fit to have the revisited name put to them. We didn't get even a tenth of the deleted scenes that are out there and that we KNOW exist (they'll "discover" a few more for the next re-release, mark my words) and the ones we did get weren't cleaned up or restored.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

adywan said:

All the TIEs have been tinted with the same settings. the shade would vary depending on the lightings, which is why they may look slightly different . But never trust the colour of Youtube. Here are a few comparisons between the blu-ray and Revisited TIEs. You can see that the revisited TIEs aren't the same blue as the blu-ray versions

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108834

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108835

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108836

This is the colour i will be sticking with for the TIEs

If you want to see the colour of one of the original TIEs used in ANH then you can see it here:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/tie-fighter-model-used-in-star.php

None of these links are working for me... they new windows just keep spinning the "loading" symbol and they never load up.

Okay, now they're working.  Weird.

“You people must realize that the public owns you for life, and when you’re dead, you’ll all be in commercials dancing with vacuum cleaners.”

– Homer Simpson

Author
Time

I love that screenshotcomparison-site. It's so much more clear what exactly has been altered (as opposed to the original shot and the Revisited shot below).

Author
Time

brash_stryker said:

timdiggerm said:

brash_stryker said:

timdiggerm said:

I know how you feel. I'm a completist as well - to an obsessive degree. But the way I see it, the deleted scenes in the state in which they were released aren't fit to have the revisited name put to them. We didn't get even a tenth of the deleted scenes that are out there and that we KNOW exist (they'll "discover" a few more for the next re-release, mark my words) and the ones we did get weren't cleaned up or restored.

A tenth? I don't want to derail this thread again... but I'd love to see your list of deleted scenes, including what we got.

ROTJ Storyboard Reconstruction Project

Author
Time
 (Edited)

There may have been a bit of conjecture involved, but taking into account that for the prequels, absolutely everything was filmed and documented and retained (for behind the scenes content & documentaries etc) and that we know of a few scenes from the PT that were left out but do exist (the lost 20 scene springs to mind) then there must be a lot more that didn't make it.

Every film out there has a ton of content that doesn't make the final cut, and based on the fact that two of the prequels were filmed digitally and they therefore can't use the excuse that it's degraded over time, then we're looking at probably hours of unused footage.

Also, I think you're forgetting that none of the deleted scenes from the PT DVDs (which are numerous) are on the Blu Ray set at all. So I'm probably right on the money.

If you were referring just to ESB, then we've got our wires crossed. I was meaning the deleted scenes in total - because  if this was to be a feature in each revisited release, what's lacking in terms of deleted scenes with one film will affect consistency between the others. And I'm all for consistency ;-)

Author
Time

brash_stryker said:

There may have been a bit of conjecture involved, but taking into account that for the prequels, absolutely everything was filmed and documented and retained (for behind the scenes content & documentaries etc) and that we know of a few scenes from the PT that were left out but do exist (the lost 20 scene springs to mind) then there must be a lot more that didn't make it.

Every film out there has a ton of content that doesn't make the final cut, and based on the fact that two of the prequels were filmed digitally and they therefore can't use the excuse that it's degraded over time, then we're looking at probably hours of unused footage.

Also, I think you're forgetting that none of the deleted scenes from the PT DVDs (which are numerous) are on the Blu Ray set at all. So I'm probably right on the money.

If you were referring just to ESB, then we've got our wires crossed. I was meaning the deleted scenes in total - because  if this was to be a feature in each revisited release, what's lacking in terms of deleted scenes with one film will affect consistency between the others. And I'm all for consistency ;-)

Wait, the lost 20 scene was included, but not the whole thing.....

John Williams score to Return of the Jedi Remastered/Remixed:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/JOHN-WILLIAMS-Star-Wars-Episode-VI-Return-of-the-Jedi-Remastered-Edition/topic/14606/page/1/

Author
Time
 (Edited)

adywan said:

TMBTM said:

While I think it's good when continuity errors are fixed I really don't think this shirt thing worths buidling a whole new life size Han in carbonite (!) Unless Adywan plans to use it for some other totaly new shots.

The shirts is something that has bothered myself and many other for years. Building a replica is the only way of fixing it really. Building just the shirt could create all sorts of problems trying to match the lighting, steam etc. Plus its something i would need to use again for ROTJ:R. But i'm only building the front face and NOT the whole unit.

ctlw83 said:

I would hate to start counting them just yet, but you will be able to see just how many have been replaced with the visual changes guide that will be on the blu-ray and DVD

nightstalkerpoet said:

It's funny, because I have agreed with and been amazed by just about everything Ady has thrown our way...

My one disagreement is putting ANH:R HD out before his PT:R. My kids are 1 and 2. I was hoping he'd fix the prequels before they ever had to see them :P And it's amazing what a good upconverting player can do to ANH:R.

There is plenty of ESB:R love... they're just hitting the final shots and stages, so it seems there is a little less new info rolling in.

There will be a lot of preparation needed before beginning the PT as i will be doing all 3 together. Now, while the preperation is being done, i can work on the HD version of ANH. So, even if i did leave ANH:R HD until after the prequels, you wouldn't be getting any of the PT any quicker.

Dark_Lord_of_the_Pith said:

Sharpen your pitchforks.

I was watching Episode II yesterday (yeah, on purpose!) and I noticed a small detail that I'd not seen before so I skimmed through the OT and found that it didn't occur anywhere but it's a detail I think might improve the visuals. Let me explain what I'm on about...

In the scene where Slave One pursues Obi Wan through the asteroids pay close attention to the cockpit window and you will see subtle reflections of the control panel lights in the glass. It's a small detail but I think it looks ever so slightly more "realistic" than the shots from that same ship's cockpit in Episode V. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I probably am) but in a lot of the behind the scenes footage I've seen from the OT inside the Falcon, the Snow Speeders, Slave One et al cockpits there wasn't any glass built in, only the frame with the blue/green screen behind so there would have been no naturally occuring reflections. Compare the scene in Episode II with Boba following the Falcon from the garbage dump in V and hopefully you'll see what I mean. I think the addition of subtle reflections (something akin to ANHR's holo-chess table's reflections) or perhaps some grime along the window edges would bring the visuals together and make them look a little less "one stuck over another".

I know it would be a stupendous amount of work to put reflections in every window shot (or even to work out if they should be there at all) and I'm not sure your average sane person would even notice if they were there or not but I just thought I'd run it up your flagpole, see if any of you salute it.

The Slave 1 cockpit in the OT is a lot different than the one we see in ESB. For one, the displays are a lot different and brighter. And the cockpit is also a lot brighter in the PT too. this would account for the reflections showing in the PT, whereas the darkness of the cockpit in ESB may not show any reflections. (Well thats my excuse anyway. lol)

Kurgan said:

So people without a blu-ray *burner* or an Xbox 360 will still be able to watch this?

I've added the new fuller change list to the first post and this includes a list of which versions will be available.

thorr said:

Just watched clip 2.rar and it looks great!  One minor observance: In the wide shot where Vader is looking out the windows, the Star Destroyer only appears in one window, but shouldn't the back of it be in the next window over similar to how it is in the blu-ray version above it?  It is hard to tell if it should be there because it might be right on the edge of needing to be there.

I think it would probably be just out of view

ImperialFighter said:

Monroville said:

video posted February 5, 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Z1dsAerm0

Notice that the TIEs are not just blue but are the same exact color as the 2004 dvd ... thus the issue is still relevant.

At the risk of keeping this one going even longer, lol...only *some* of adywan's TIEs seem to be the same exact colour of the blu-ray shots seen in the latest preview.

But as I mentioned in my 2nd post on the previous page, there seems to be a noticeably 'greyer' colouration to the 'Revisited' ones seen during the comparison shot of the close-up of the Executor's underbelly, compared to some of his other shots...so I'm not sure if that's meant to look like that, or not.

Stick that Youtube comparison clip on full-screen at it's highest quality to see what I mean.  Pause it if you have to, for a clearer look.

All the TIEs have been tinted with the same settings. the shade would vary depending on the lightings, which is why they may look slightly different . But never trust the colour of Youtube. Here are a few comparisons between the blu-ray and Revisited TIEs. You can see that the revisited TIEs aren't the same blue as the blu-ray versions

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108834

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108835

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/108836

This is the colour i will be sticking with for the TIEs

If you want to see the colour of one of the original TIEs used in ANH then you can see it here:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/tie-fighter-model-used-in-star.php

vbangle said:

To me Yoda should look less blue-green. But let me make this perfectly clear. This only my opinion. I know and accept that my opinon has no bearing on ADYWAN"S edit. But I am free to voice my opinion here, am I not?

Just taking a quick look out in Google Land here are a few pics that look more like I remember Yoda looking.

As compared to this...

It is my hope that Adywan will take some time and reconsider the color choices he's made for Yoda. The color differences alone in Yoda's outfit and hair color are striking...surely I'm not the only one here that thinks this?

The publicity photos can't be used as a means for getting the correct colour for Yoda and dagobah. I'm trying to get ESB, for the most part, to look how it did pre 2004. The main problem is that we have been so use to the faded print used for the GOUT that we think that this is the way it originally looked. You would be surprised just how dagaobah originally looked. The 1997 is the closest to how ESB originally looked and, thanks to puggos 16mm print, i can see that the SE is so much closer to how it originally looked than the faded GOUT/ laserdisc prints

Now you can see that i have used a balance between the SE, Puggo and GOUT for the colouring. But this also shows just how incorrect the colouring of the 2004 DVD/ Blu_ray releases is.

Dark_Lord_of_the_Pith said:

This is my first post too but I'm nice so I'll say hello first. So, hello nice to meet you all.

Now, I was wondering if you'd give me your opinions about the communication holograms. In ANHR Leia's hologram looks (to my eyes at least) completely blue in long shots but with flashes of normal colour across her face in close up. The same happens with Luke's in ROTJ save the one shot of his back that appears to be fully blue. But from what I've seen of the new Emperor hologram from TESBR it looks as though Ady has made him completely blue just as Lucasfilm did when Ian McDiarmid re-shot the scene in 2003. So with every single hologram in the PT appearing to be fully blue my question is this: Is there an official scheme Ady is using for holograms in the revisited saga, will PT holgrams be altered to match the OT or vice versa?

I've got to say that I quite prefer the PT holograms but what do the rest of you folks think?

I see the PT ones as early holograms which are black & white and the OT ones as more advanced and they now have colour ;). The emperor hologram isn't completely blue, but there wouldn't be a huge amount of colour as the Emperors face is pretty pale.

“Lifes a song you don’t get to rehearse, and every single verse can make it that much worse”