logo Sign In

STAR WARS: EP IV 2004 REVISITED ADYWAN *1080p HD VERSION NOW IN PRODUCTION — Page 323

Author
Time

adywan said:

Once unrared (JDownloader usually takes care of that side of things) you should have an .ISO file. Use IMGBurn to burn it to a Duel layer DVD or mount the image with something like Daemontools and use a software DVD player to play the disc

VLC can play ISO files directly, without needing to mount them. It is certainly made of complete awesome.

Author
Time

w00t! I finally got my hands on some Verbatim DVD+R DLs and burned myself a copy of the DVD9 ANH:R! Jolly times are ahead! :)

Author
Time

Timstuff said:

w00t! I finally got my hands on some Verbatim DVD+R DLs and burned myself a copy of the DVD9 ANH:R! Jolly times are ahead! :)

Now all you need to do is print the DVD labels and case jackets!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

LIMITED TIME OFFER!

Star Wars Revisited Disc Art EXTREME Collection -

Part 1 - 13 MB, Part 2 - 16 MB

Grand total of 36 disc labels, all based on Ady's original red Death Star label, which I've included for completist purposes.

Nine colors, "Revisited" and "Purist Edition", each with gold or silver "Star Wars" logos.  No region or format (NTSC/PAL) markings so they'll make sense no matter where you are in the world.

Also, my track listing inserts, again for both "full" Revisited and Purist Edition.

Outer booklet cover, edit of Ady's original case art

Inner booklet - Print this back-to-back with Outer booklet cover on a single sheet of paper.

Revisited DVD-9 single width insert card.

Purist Edition DVD-5 single width insert card.

Single width cards can be printed alone or back to back.

Don't know when I'll decide to take these off my site so get them while you can.

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.

Author
Time

Ziz said:

Don't know when I'll decide to take these off my site so get them while you can.

Maybe someone will torrent them ...

Author
Time

Is the guy with the German SW:R-edit still around? I tried to PM him but no answer. Does anyone else know how/where to get that German version?

Author
Time

Well, my download crashed about 20 mins. in (something to do with IP addresses), so I'm back to square one. *sigh*

Author
Time

What do you mean "crashed?"  What happened exactly?

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

What do you mean "crashed?"  What happened exactly?

Well, the 1st .rar file DL'ed without a hitch, then the 80 other files all said "acquiring new IP address, please wait 4 minutes" or something very similar to that.  

So there was a countdown (similar to a queue list in a P2P client) and after the four minutes were up, it still displayed the acquiring address message, but the countdown restarted at 5 minutes.  

This kept on going, with one minute being added to the wait time after each countdown reached zero.  After 20 minutes of this, I gave up and closed J-Downloader.

Author
Time

"I cannot teach him.  The boy has no patience."

Leave your computer running JDownloader overnight, maybe even for a whole day or so non-stop.  RapidShare has been adjusting their bandwidth availability for different points in the day and night, so leaving JDownloader running overnight will allow it to keep recycling thru the files it skipped until it gets them all.

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.

Author
Time

This is why torrents are better than Crapidshare.

Author
Time

Matter of perspective.  RS files are available pretty much whenever you want.  Torrents are only available when users decide to make things available.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen "Is anyone seeding ________?  I'm at 98.3% and it hasn't moved for the past three years" pop up around here.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ziz said:

Leave your computer running JDownloader overnight, maybe even for a whole day or so non-stop.  RapidShare has been adjusting their bandwidth availability for different points in the day and night, so leaving JDownloader running overnight will allow it to keep recycling thru the files it skipped until it gets them all.

I touched on this previously, but Ziz has got it exactly right.  Nighttime (USA) access on free RS is pretty easy, but the daytime access is extremely limited.  You can let jdownloader go as long as you want to leave your computer on and you'll get all the files eventually...

...or pay for Premium RS.

Sorceror said:

Hahahahaha.  I see what you did there.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Thread-for-all-Usenet-vs-Torrent-vs-Rapidshare-discussion/topic/10677/

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sorceror said:

I do the funnys around here...

If you have something to say, send it to me, then i relay it as my own material.

Author
Time

Darth Editous said:

The only issue might be your TV, but I would imagine you won't have any problems.

That's what I thought, but someone over at doom9 told me we are still in the ridiculous situation of TVs made for the European market being able to take NTSC input, but most American TVs won't take PAL. YMMV.

DE

I've been thinking about this.  Does this also mean US PS3s can't play AVIs and MP4s encoded at 25 fps with PAL resolution?  Or is it just a problem with DVDs?   

Author
Time

A search of this topic hasn't revealed anyone else having my particular problem.

I downloaded through RapidShare, opened the .rar files, which combined into one .mkv file. Got the necessary add-on to allow QuickTime to play a .mkv file.

Then I had a wonderful time watching ANH in a very enjoyable way.

Yesterday I try playing it again, and the sound is dubbed! Nothing I tried in QuickTime made any difference. What is going on?

Author
Time

MKV? Do you mean AVI?

I don't think Ady's Ep IV Revisted is available anywhere as MKV.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time

Here's the complete file name I got:

Star.Wars.Episode.IV.A.New.Hope-Revisited.2008.DVDRip.mkv

It had all the changes Adywan mentioned. As I said, it played fine in QuickTime after getting Perian. But the latest attempts at watching the movie plays in a dubbed version.

Author
Time

griffon8 said:

It had all the changes Adywan mentioned. As I said, it played fine in QuickTime after getting Perian. But the latest attempts at watching the movie plays in a dubbed version.

Someone ripped the ISO and just put movie file up.  Interesting.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time

doubleofive said:

Someone ripped the ISO and just put movie file up.  Interesting.

I was given an mkv of ANHR that combines the PAL resolution with the NTSC running time.  It's a great way to view ANHR. 

Author
Time

griffon8 said:

try using vlc mediaplayer to or media player classic play mkv's. it sounds like it may have multiple audio tracks and quicktime has switched default tracks

Interesting though because i didn't realise that there was a mkv version available. Did your version have the flipper or the hand severed in the cantina?

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

adywan said:

try using vlc mediaplayer to or media player classic play mkv's. it sounds like it may have multiple audio tracks and quicktime has switched default tracks

Interesting though because i didn't realise that there was a mkv version available. Did your version have the flipper or the hand severed in the cantina?

Well, thanks for the suggestions. I had thought of multiple audio tracks before, and it turned out the 5.1 track was hiding below the stereo (dubbed) track out of view. The problem is fixed. But I don't know how it was changed in the first place. [shrug]

As for which version, this one has the hand, but no blood. It looks like the doctor's arm instead of Ponda Babba's.

So who's 'revisited' version do I have?

Author
Time

whats the title of the latest edition?

i really would like to download it but the few dl i found range from 2006 to 2008, no 2009 versions.

Author
Time

han-do said:

whats the title of the latest edition?

i really would like to download it but the few dl i found range from 2006 to 2008, no 2009 versions.

There are 3 main versions:

XVID/AVI
single layer DVD
dual layer DVD

They're not titled by years, but the DVDs came out in 2008.  You'd want to find the dual layer version in PAL or NTSC depending on where you are.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress