logo Sign In

Recreating the classic Read Along Books (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

While searching for Bonus features that Laserschwert could put on his “Krieg der Sterne” BluRay, I’ve stumbled over my old readalong books I grew up with.

I thought it would be a nice feature since a lot of german fans knew this thing. After a little research I found out, that this thing wasn’t released only in german, but also in english, swedish, dutch and other languages.

I started scanning my book and realized the quality was awful. So I decided to recreate it from scratch. Most of the Pictures were well known publicity stills that would be easy to find, at least that was what I thought. Some of the pictures were very hard, some impossible to find. Thanks to the hint of SilverWook and the kind people from starwarsarchives.com I got the last missing pictures.

So, here’s the finished book (german version)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50574624@N07/albums/72157677550004293

If someone wants to recreate this in another language, I packed the textles pages (minus the front- and back-pages, since they seem to be different in every other language) in one rar file. I hope to see some other language versions pop up in the future. Have fun.

Textless files

Author
Time

Very cool.  It looks good, and you got those pictures in high quality.  Well done, sir!

Author
Time

Williarob said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Do you have the audio file also?

I have the german one.

Author
Time

TK-949 said:

Williarob said:

I have the german one.

I'd love to hear it, would it be possible to pm me a link?

TheStarWarsTrilogy.com.
The007Dossier.com.
Donations always welcome: Paypal | Bitcoin: bc1qzr9ejyfpzm9ea2dglfegxzt59tys3uwmj26ytj

Author
Time

I’ve replaced the dead imageshack links with a link to the flickr album where the images are stored now.

Author
Time

I used to have these in English, I’d contribute but I think I lost them. The version I had came with the audio on a cassette tape.

Author
Time

Williarob said:

TK-949 said:

Williarob said:

I have the german one.

I’d love to hear it, would it be possible to pm me a link?

Me too please? Do you have Das Imperium schlägt zurück and Die Rückkehr der Jedi-Ritter too?

Author
Time

TR2N said:

Williarob said:

TK-949 said:

Williarob said:

I have the german one.

I’d love to hear it, would it be possible to pm me a link?

Me too please? Do you have Das Imperium schlägt zurück and Die Rückkehr der Jedi-Ritter too?

PM sent.

TheStarWarsTrilogy.com.
The007Dossier.com.
Donations always welcome: Paypal | Bitcoin: bc1qzr9ejyfpzm9ea2dglfegxzt59tys3uwmj26ytj