logo Sign In

Post #329983

Author
Puggo - Jar Jar's Yoda
Parent topic
Puggo GRANDE - 16mm restoration (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/329983/action/topic#329983
Date created
11-Sep-2008, 12:03 PM

First look:

There are two prints, which from now on I will refer to as the "main" print and the "Swedish" print.  The main print does not have subtitles.  The Swedish print has Swedish subtitles and supposedly the original mono mix.  I anticipate my primary focus to be grabbing the video from the main print, and the audio from the Swedish print.  Although I may find it useful to grab parts of the video from the Swedish print, too.

Despite my intent to concentrate on the audio from the Swedish mix, I have in fact already grabbed the audio from the main print.  I'm not sure what it's mix is - probably a mono collapse of the 35mm print ("close the blast doors" is absent).

The main print is on 3 reels, and is in excellent condition.  It has the original crawl.  Prepended on front of the print is a pristine copy of an SE trailer, which I will also go ahead and capture while I'm at it.  The presence of the original crawl was a surprise to Jaxxon, who assumed that it was an Ep.IV print because of the presence of the SE trailer.

There is about 10 seconds of sprocket hole damage on one of the reels, which I will be able to repair.  Reels 1 and 3 haven't faded at all.  Reel 2 is slightly red.  I will need to recapture the 10 second audio in the area of the sprocket hole damage, but I'll wait until I start capturing the video before I think about that.

I haven't yet reviewed the Swedish print.  My next task is to do that, and capture the audio from that print in the process.  Jaxxon claims that it also has the original crawl, and that it has the original mono mix.  I haven't confirmed that for myself yet.

Many thanks to Jaxxon for entrusting me with these wonderful prints.