logo Sign In

Post #329982

Author
Puggo - Jar Jar's Yoda
Parent topic
Puggo GRANDE - 16mm restoration (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/329982/action/topic#329982
Date created
11-Sep-2008, 11:50 AM

This thread is devoted to the Puggo GRANDE.

What is the “Puggo GRANDE”? It is my telecine transfer and restoration of two 16mm prints of Star Wars. These films were borrowed from a source who wishes to remain temporarily anonymous, and who for now will go by the name Jaxxon. Both of the prints have the original crawl. One of the prints has Swedish subtitles and the original mono mix! I haven’t yet decided if I will grab the video from both prints, or just use the Swedish version as a source for the mono mix. As I review the quality of the frames, I’ll decide as I go along.

For the video capture, I will be using a 16mm Workprinter manufactured by Roger Evans of Moviestuff. For the optical audio tracks, I will use an EIKI Slimline 16mm projector. I will use a variety of tools to clean up the video and audio, including Virtualdub, CoolEdit, Ozone, and then Vegas Video to sync the tracks.

I have set up a website where I will post frame grabs and maintain the timeline of my progress, much the same as I did for the 8mm Puggo Edition project.  Both pages can be accessed from my new and improved (well, new anyways) Puggo website, shown in my .sig below.  I look forward to your suggestions and expert advice as Puggo GRANDE proceeds.  May the force be with me!