logo Sign In

Post #472943

Author
althor1138
Parent topic
Info Wanted: Pre-'93 Japanese Special Collection LD transfers?
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/472943/action/topic#472943
Date created
12-Feb-2011, 1:06 PM

Hi Guys.  I've been an avid reader of this forum since about 2007 I guess.  This is my first post because it's maybe the first time I've had an idea that might be worth posting.  I'm sure some of you guys know this already but I haven't seen it mentioned in arnie's or dark_jedi's JSC threads. 

I have a cld-hf9g and the JSC trilogy which I've been trying to capture and encode but I have run into the same problem as everyone else.  The IVTC is very hard to get right. 

I've noticed however that the frame counter on the laserdisc player is displaying frames at 24 fps/sec.  I did a little reading around and found this page.  According to this if you use freeze frame on a cav disc it will ignore the pulldown flags and display the frames progressively at 24fps, albeit one by one.  It seems like a colossal undertaking to capture the whole movie frame by frame but maybe it's the best way?  Maybe with a laserdisc player that accepts rs-232 commands it would be possible to write a script to increment the frames and take snapshots of them. 

I could be mistaken about all of this so if it's garbage someone feel free to let me know.