Politics :: 1 < 111 > 801

• Print
Politics
the demosheep are on the fast track to impeaching bush and cheney and making Pelosi the first woman president.

of and on the Jewish thing Jesus was a Jew and he was god incarnate, so be careful when you go hating jews.

"Always loved Vader's wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin's ghost. What a fucking shame." -Simon Pegg.

Politics
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
the demosheep are on the fast track to impeaching bush and cheney and making Pelosi the first woman president.

of and on the Jewish thing Jesus was a Jew and he was god incarnate, so be careful when you go hating jews.

The one you speak of is also an atheist, so I don't think he's going to care who or what Jesus was.

As far as impeachment goes, I don't think they want Nancy Pelosi either (as far as I can tell). While the liberals love having a woman in charge of the House, I don't think they want her to be in the Presidency.
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Politics
Gonzalez should get together with Scooter Libby and have a drink in the fresh, free air. With Dennis Rich, of course.
Nemo me impune lacessit

http://ttrim.blogspot.com
Politics
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
Pelosi the first woman president.

That's hilarious. In Bizarro world...maybe...

HARMY RULES

Politics
Originally posted by: Arnie.d

Since when is there a Jewish race?

Since around 1800 BC

HARMY RULES

Politics
Why do Episcopalians suck at chess? Because they can't tell the difference between a bishop and a queen.
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Politics
*sigh*

It bothers me that they do this, but it also bothes me that the Anglicans try and 'demand' how Episcopalians run their church. Yeah, I think they're wrong and I think that other churches should tell them this. But attempting to boss people around just causes strife and anger, and isn't helpful to anyone. That's one of the biggest problems, I think, in society today; not just with liberals or just with conservatives, but across the board.

People don't just disagree anymore; they demand that things be done their way.

Politics
Let's see. Rove is gone. So is Gonzales. The average national unemployment rate is below 5%, about as low as it's ever been. The deficit is shrinking due to all time record high tax revenues collected. And if the government didn't spend money like drunken sailors (such as aid to "farmers" like Scottie Pippen), it might have returned to a surplus by now. Preliminary reports suggest the surge is working, even 2 people from the liberal Brookings Institute recently visited Iraq and concluded this.

So what the hell will liberals complain and whine about now? If you had told a stuanch Democrat a year ago that they would regain both sides of Congress. Rumsfeld, Rove and Gonzales would all resign. Scooter Libby would be indicted. The minimum wage would be increased. Al Gore would win an Academy Award and Michael Moore would come out with a new film regarding health care.
Wouldn't that Democrat be thinking that in a year, he/she would be pretty happy. Well are they? Or is there still the same 5th grade tantrums (with cursing too) on most left wing websites?

Take back the trilogy. Execute Order '77

http://www.youtube.com/user/Knightmessenger

Politics
Originally posted by: Darth Chaltab
*sigh*

It bothers me that they do this, but it also bothes me that the Anglicans try and 'demand' how Episcopalians run their church. Yeah, I think they're wrong and I think that other churches should tell them this. But attempting to boss people around just causes strife and anger, and isn't helpful to anyone. That's one of the biggest problems, I think, in society today; not just with liberals or just with conservatives, but across the board.

People don't just disagree anymore; they demand that things be done their way.

If they want to run "their" church this way, then they should split and call themselves something else. Maybe "The Happy Let Everyone Be How They Want People". If they want to be a Bible based church though, they should be following biblical teachings. The Bible is very clear on the gay/lesbian issue. No biblical church should be making gay people priests (yes, even the Catholic Church shouldn't have done this, but knowing some history about Pope John Paul II gives an insight into how it happened). Not unless they've acknowledged their sins and stopped "being gay".

Religion should not have to change to fit with peoples needs. People are the ones that need to change to fit with the religion. I don't expect any religion to change their teachings just because I don't agree with it. If people don't like what their religion teaches then they need to find a religion that teaches what they like.

Politics
I am staunchly against the ordination of homosexuals precisely because it conflicts with clear Biblical teaching. While I think each church has the inherent right to exclude based on its convictions, each church likewise must be very careful about how it judges and condemns people. That is NOT the role of the church or its congregants. There is a hypocrisy in saying an entire denomination (or movement within one) isn't "Bible based" because it places greater weight on "Judge not lest you be judged" vs. "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman." The Episcopalians who support homosexuality are just as Bible-based as the Pentecostals who burn effigies of Santa Claus, citing him as a demonic power. Meanwhile, as long as any of the "Bible-based" churches look the other way on poly-cotton shirts, they are just as guilty of breaking biblical law as homosexuals.

Leviticus' Law condemns homosexuality, sex with a woman having her period, dissing your parents, cutting your sideburns, eating pork and shellfish, crop rotation, and wearing shirts woven from two different materials. I'll readily admit that I've only managed to stay away from the first thing in that list. I suspect I'm not alone on this board. So until we all acknowledge these as sins and stop each of them, we're in the same boat as the gays, heading fast down the River Styx to Hades. Or maybe we can take comfort in the notion that even though each of us sins in different ways, we are all offered the gift of grace that is a deep, personal connection each of us can make with God. We don't have to be perfect, just forgiven.

So while innately I hold the conservative view on homosexuality where ordination is concerned because I believe ordained priests/ministers should hold themselves to a higher standard, I am not going to hurl stones at gays -- especially the ones who are actually wrestling with their Christian faith (as many are), trying to understand why a church that professes unconditional love turns them away if they don't change who they are.
Politics
Probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.

lol

All he needed was a nice lisp to make it perfect. The look on Chris Matthew's face at the end is priceless!

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Politics
Originally posted by: Tiptup
Probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.

lol

All he needed was a nice lisp to make it perfect. The look on Chris Matthew's face at the end is priceless!

Bwahahaha... Oh gosh that's awful. Priceless indeed.

Politics
"When I pull down my pants I spread my legs..."

Soooooooooooooooooooo gay.

HARMY RULES

Politics
Another interesting video.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/08/29/olbermann-re-enacts-senator-craig-bathroom-scene/

BTW can we talk about a news provider of choice?
Politics
Originally posted by: ADigitalMan
Leviticus' Law condemns homosexuality, sex with a woman having her period, dissing your parents, cutting your sideburns, eating pork and shellfish, crop rotation, and wearing shirts woven from two different materials. I'll readily admit that I've only managed to stay away from the first thing in that list. I suspect I'm not alone on this board. So until we all acknowledge these as sins and stop each of them, we're in the same boat as the gays, heading fast down the River Styx to Hades. Or maybe we can take comfort in the notion that even though each of us sins in different ways, we are all offered the gift of grace that is a deep, personal connection each of us can make with God. We don't have to be perfect, just forgiven.

You're forgetting that Leviticus law doesn't apply to Christians. Christ himself condemned homosexuality. We still follow the 10 commandments though since they're a basic set of rules that tell you how to act and how to worship.

Most churches only throw stones when they hear about homosexuals wanting to do certain things without acknowledging their sin and praying for forgiveness. Many of those same churches will gladly accept homosexuals that stop being homosexual. That doesn't mean they have to start dating someone or get married and have kids, it just means they need to stop being gay/lesbian.

I really wish people would stop harping on Leviticus law as the be all and end all. If you read further (some history beyond the Bible), you'll find that a lot of those laws were in place to protect the Israelites. Take the pork and shellfish as an example. They did not have the capabilities to properly clean that type of food, so it was a lot easier to just tell them not to eat it then it was to explain to them how to clean it (even though they couldn't). Hell, even now, in some places in the world, if you don't fully cook your pork products, you can get worms and diseases. Thankfully we've eradicated it (at least in the US). And that's just one example.

Christ's sacrifice did away with all that. The only thing that still applies is the 10 commandments.

Politics
Originally posted by: lordjedi

You're forgetting that Leviticus law doesn't apply to Christians. Christ himself condemned homosexuality.

Christ's sacrifice did away with all that. The only thing that still applies is the 10 commandments.

WRONG! And I would LOVE to hear your Bible-based citation for each of these statements.

Christ never addressed the issue of homosexuality. Paul does in a couple of epistles (Romans specifically comes to mind), but Christ never addressed the issue. Not once. Citing his name on an issue for which we have NO reference is nothing short of blasphemy.

But Christ did SPECIFICALLY say that he was NOT here to abolish Talmudic law. According to Matthew 5:17-19, which specifically and clearly addresses this issue, Christ said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Pretty condemning statement for all of us who shave, wear poly-cotton shirts, and eat pork.

There is NO distinction made that Christians may adhere to the 10 commandments and not the rest of Talmudic law. We're all a bunch of law breakers, but have chosen to interpret and follow what we want based on the promise of forgiveness for a righteous heart over slavishly following law without really meaning it. It is faith in action, not action alone that saves us.
Politics
Originally posted by: ADigitalMan

You're forgetting that Leviticus law doesn't apply to Christians. Christ himself condemned homosexuality.

WRONG! And I would LOVE to hear your Bible-based citation for each of these statements.

Christ never addressed the issue of homosexuality. Paul does in a couple of epistles (Romans specifically comes to mind), but Christ never addressed the issue. Not once. Citing his name on an issue for which we have NO reference is nothing short of blasphemy.

But Christ did SPECIFICALLY say that he was NOT here to abolish Talmudic law. According to Matthew 5:17-19, which specifically and clearly addresses this issue, Christ said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Pretty condemning statement for all of us who shave, wear poly-cotton shirts, and eat pork.

There is NO distinction made that Christians may adhere to the 10 commandments and not the rest of Talmudic law. We're all a bunch of law breakers, but have chosen to interpret and follow what we want based on the promise of forgiveness for a righteous heart over slavishly following law without really meaning it. It is faith in action, not action alone that saves us.

And in your own quote he specifically states "commandments", not laws. If it were true that we are still under Levitical law, then how was it that Christ himself ate without washing in some circumstances? Certainly the Son of God was not above the law anymore than we are. Yet, the Pharisees, in at least one instance, asked Christ why he was not washing before eating. His response? "You remember the what, but not the why". The what is that they're suppose to wash. The why is not because it was sinful to eat before washing, but that they were dirty (in a literal sense).

Christ did not have to specifically state that we were free of the law. When the curtain tore at the time of his death, that was God telling us all that the barrier between him and us had been removed through the perfect sacrifice. Therefore, we are no longer bound by Levitical law.

There are plenty of instances where Jesus specifically references the commandments and expands upon them. Adultery and anger. He tells a man "If you lust in your heart, you've already committed adultery". He tells another man "If you have anger toward your bother in your heart, you've already broken the commandment (love they neighbor)".

It may have been Paul, but I'm pretty sure Paul would've known the law and what Christ wanted more than either of us. If Paul spoke out against it, then you can bet your ass that it's still something we're not suppose to do. Take Genesis for adding further weight to it "Go forth and multiply". How do two gay men multiply? They cannot. A man and a woman shall leave their parents and join together. How does that even allow for a gay couple? It doesn't. There are plenty of references in the Bible.

In fact, I found the references to it. Yes, I was wrong, it wasn't Christ and for that I apologize. However, since Paul is one of the original Apostles, we can accept that he was speaking on Christ's behalf. In 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, homosexuality is specifically stated. The other items that are listed would all fall under the 10 commandments as well. Verse 12-20 go even further. Homosexuality is considered defiling ones body. Read the verses for yourself.

To state that gay people are free to continue being gay and claim to be Christians is blasphemy.

Politics
To state that gay people are free to continue being gay and claim to be Christians is blasphemy.

What!? If you are gay you can't be a Christian?

Fez: I am so excited about Star Whores.
Hyde: Fezzy, man, it's Star Wars.
Politics
The bible says nothing in regard to BEING gay, it forbids homosexual sex.

HARMY RULES

Politics
In fact, it could be said that all Christians are called upon to have a happy disposition.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Politics
I'm am a God fearing person, but I'll admit I don't know much about the subject. What I have been taught is that God will forgive for anything if forgiveness is asked. No matter what the sin.

Kill the terrorists, protect the borders, pack heat, punch a hippie.

Certified Tea Partier

Politics
There is good people on both sides theist and atheist.
Atheists
John Lennon
Douglas Adams
George Carlin
Penn and Teller
Karl Marx
Richard Dawkins

Theists
Mohandis Ghandi
Martain Luther King
Pretty much all the Presidents
Muhammad Ali
Bob Marley
Ludwig van Beethoven

But then again both of the groups make up most of the people in the world

Politics
The bible is gay. The whole damn thing is silly. There is nothing wrong with trying to live your life with intergity and a strict moral code, but basing that moral code on a single ancient book is laughable and embarassingly stupid. Being guided by (and in some cases directed by) groups of men in that interpret one ancient book is ridicolous. If you believe in and conform to all of the rules within that book you're a real fuck face. If you toss out certain rules and embrace others your a silly bitch for calling yourself a Christian.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/918/popeaa7.jpg

HARMY RULES

Politics
However, since Paul is one of the original Apostles, we can accept that he was speaking on Christ's behalf.
Again, wrong. Paul was persecuting early Christians long after Christ ascended. He was converted by the Holy Spirit on the road to Damascus and spent the remainder of his life trying to convert Gentiles from Asia Minor to Rome to Christianity while being persecuted himself by the very Sanhedrin he once served. The majority of the New Testament is a collection of his letters smuggled from prison. "Acts," which chronicles his Christian life, was written by his close friend, a physician named Luke, who wrote a certain other book too.

If that's what you believe, then why does it matter? There is no commandment in the Decalogue against Homosexuality. You can't have your argument both ways.

And in your own quote he specifically states "commandments", not laws.

"Commandments" as used by Christ didn't just refer to the Decalogue, and any Biblical scholar worth his degree will tell you this. Each point in Talmudic law is a commandment, not just the first ten, and the whole context of this passage supports this. He even refers to his own teachings as "commandments." Commandment = what you are told to do by God. You will find no citation where he said he was here to abolish Talmudic law except for the Ten Commandments. Stop pretending this exists anywhere in the Bible. It doesn't.

But even for argument's sake you just want to focus on those first ten, how are you doing on performing no labor on the Sabbath? Did you know that literally interpreting this commandment means you cannot start your car on the Sabbath? Starting your car lights a fire (several hundred times a minute in fact), and that is strictly forbidden if you are going to preserve that commandment. Modern application of this commandment means you cannot even turn on the TV or change the channel. You cannot even turn on a light switch on Sunday.

OOPS ... I MEANT SATURDAY ... that's right, Saturday is the Sabbath day, not Sunday. Turns out all Christians excepting the Seventh Day Adventists are breaking the fourth commandment every time they do any work on Saturday instead of going to church. There is no Biblical passage telling Christians to change the Sabbath day to Sunday. Mow on Saturday and go to church on Sunday? YOU ARE A COMMANDMENT BREAKER!

Do you ever wish you had something that somebody else has? Ever want to sleep with a woman who is married to somebody else, be it Posh Spice or your 11th grade math teacher? Or do you just wish you had a better car or house like somebody you know has? You are covetous. YOU ARE A COMMANDMENT BREAKER!

And earlier, when you misattributed something to Jesus just to make a point, you broke the third commandment forbidding taking God's name in vain. Forget saying G.D., you are clearly invoking the name of the Lord for your own ends. YOU ARE A COMMANDMENT BREAKER!

Homosexuality is considered defiling ones body. Read the verses for yourself.

So is getting a tattoo or piercing your ears. Read those verses for yourself. Are all the God-fearing servicemen of the United States with tattoos going to hell? Is your mom going to hell because she has pierced ears?

No more so than anybody who continues to sin in any of the many ways described in either Testament. I can find far more biblical evidence to condemn the "God Hates Fags" crowd than to condemn two guys for buttfucking. We all are sinners. You too. If you think otherwise you are further gone than anybody you wish to condemn.

Here's a little Google search that ought to really bake your noodle. What do you think? Are these people congregating to ask forgiveness and try to understand God's purpose for them on earth, or is it just a secret gathering of people to take turns reaming each other and doing other things on their knees than praying? Any one of these groups, misguided though they may be, may well be worth more in the sight of God than anybody who blanketly condemns them as evil. I don't know. I don't presume to fully understand the mind of God, but I myself will be damned before I go misquoting, misattributing, or putting piety before grace.
Politics
Originally posted by: Arnie.d
What!? If you are gay you can't be a Christian?

Sure you can, if you repent, stop having sex with people of the same sex, and stop having gay thoughts.

Originally posted by: sean wookie
There is good people on both sides theist and atheist.
Atheists
John Lennon
Douglas Adams
George Carlin
Penn and Teller
Karl Marx
Richard Dawkins

Theists
Mohandis Ghandi
Martain Luther King
Pretty much all the Presidents
Muhammad Ali
Bob Marley
Ludwig van Beethoven

But then again both of the groups make up most of the people in the world

John Lennon was a Communist. George Carlin is a twat. And Karl Marx is hardly someone that I'd hold up as a bastion of goodness. Communism always sounds good when you're at the bottom. Once you actually become successful, Communism stinks. So I'd say that the opinions of at least half the atheists you mention aren't worth a whole lot.

Originally posted by: Rob
The bible is gay. The whole damn thing is silly. There is nothing wrong with trying to live your life with intergity and a strict moral code, but basing that moral code on a single ancient book is laughable and embarassingly stupid. Being guided by (and in some cases directed by) groups of men in that interpret one ancient book is ridicolous. If you believe in and conform to all of the rules within that book you're a real fuck face. If you toss out certain rules and embrace others your a silly bitch for calling yourself a Christian.

As ADM put it recently, the opinion of some dude on the Internet means very little compared to the words of a former Pope, at least in my mind.

Members reading this topic: None