logo Sign In

Phineasbg/ HIGHLANDER II: Extended Versions (Released) — Page 5

Author
Time
the american version is available in France, where I Live. Anamorphic 2.35 dvd with an english track. It is a mistake of the dvd company, because here in France, it is the european cut (with the fairy tale ending) that was shown in theaters, in VHS and Laserdisc.

The dvd is just wrong
Author
Time
Just watched the SE edition the other day for the first time and I was really let down by all the lack of Zeist/Quickening....

Can't wait to see what this one looks like! Hopefully it will be a torrent on Demonid or some such?

<a href="http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2005/05/i_hates_lucas_i.html" title="www.bynkii.com/archives/2005/05/i_hates_lucas_i.html" target="_blank">.Truth.</a><br /><br />"Mmm....starcruiser crash!"

Author
Time
Update:

The movie is complete and was over a month ago. It is the extras on the DVD that is taking time.

We are using DVDLabpro2 so that we can have a seemless branching option, this option will allow you to watch the extended cut with the Renegade ending or the Fairytale ending. We have screened the film to a few people who thought it was F*cking awesome untl the fairytale ending. So we decided to branch it with an option.

We are still working on the text commentary as well. This commentary tells you which version of film you are watching.

The DVD will be released shortly on FANEDIT.ORG under the title, I have alread discussed it with Pauley79 about this, he is excited to see it.

It will be released undr the title:
HIGHLANDER II: THE QUICKENING -THE EXTENDED ZEIST VERSION

It will be available exclusively at Fanedit.org and later we will torrent a movie only version.

Again,

We are still working on it, we had problems with the authoring.

Stay Tuned, it's been almost a year so a few more weeks shouldn't hurt. lol!!

Then it's

HIGHLANDER II: THE QUICKENING - SPECIAL ZEIST EDITION

This edit should't take as long as the other. This version will include the Special Edition special effects (blue shield) and will be a combination of the American version, Renegade Version and the Special Edtion - it will not have the fairytale ending and no French/ Euro/ British/Japanese/ TV extra footage like ablove version. Basically, it is the Special Edition but just wiht the aded Zesit material as well as the Prize, the Quickening, and other references, etc.

This will be the version everyone will want to see.

Sorry! no extras on this, maybe a trailer, the extras take so much time to do.

THEN shortly

DUNE - The Extended Theatrical Edition

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Awesome, really looking forward to both, although as a fan of the idea of Connor being an alien, I much prefer the Fairytale ending..

To me Highlander is Highlander & Highlander 2 with Fairytale....of which I also consider Lambert's Beowulf to be the unoffical third one, as it has all the makings of a Highlander 3; old Connor, new woman, strangely futurisitic setting, etc. In fact, i've always considered making a fan-edit of it and just doing a few tweaks to make it feel fully like a real Highlander movie, e.g. submitting sampes of MacLeod instead of Beowulf, color-correcting the sky to match Zeist, etc..

But anyways, best of luck!

<a href="http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2005/05/i_hates_lucas_i.html" title="www.bynkii.com/archives/2005/05/i_hates_lucas_i.html" target="_blank">.Truth.</a><br /><br />"Mmm....starcruiser crash!"

Author
Time
I'm really looking forward to this one Mitch. I just bought the latest Special Edition because no matter how much I dislike the concepts of this film, it remains an alluring curiosity.
Author
Time
Please don't trout me I am new,

I read through this thread and could not believe no one mentioned about the pirate VHS workprint / Rough Cut that was about in the early 90's, yes mine was about 15 generation down ghosted and tracking probs galore, but at the end when mcCloud had won his prize he flew away into space like superman, at a convention I met another guy who had seen this print, so where did it go?

Tony,

new but with a massive archive of goodies so be nice
CURRENTLY SEEDING:
Night of the Creeps " Myspleen
fanedit.org - Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets ABC EE by ANGRYSVN
Author
Time
the ending you are referring to is the european (at least saw in France) ending. I have the french Laserdisc with it and I saw it in theaters back in 1991.
Author
Time
rixyboy, I've heard of this print. Personally I have never seen it, but I heard about it from somewhere. I believe there was an eBay auction of it a couple of years ago, which I bid on, but it ended up waaay too expensive for my taste.
Have you got any Highlander goodies that would be worth releasing?
Author
Time
We did the Highlander II Restored International Cut last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the workprint even it it was crappy! Damnit! I thought I had all the versions, I think I have over 9 different versions of the film, but no workprint.

PM me if you got the workprint

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Please point me in the right direction if it has been mentioned before or if there is a site I can visit, but how many versions exactly is there of this film and could anybody say for sure which is the 'best'?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mitch
We did the Highlander II Restored International Cut last year.

I am still waiting for watching it
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Ash595

How can I get copies of all the aforementioned Highlander cuts? PLEEEASSEEE!!!

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Ash595

I know ASH!

But of you see that version it will spoil the one coming next week!

You'll see!!

Author
Time
Originally posted by: 5acrifice
This project seems awesome. I was wondering if the two theatrical versions (The American and British) are available anywhere.

Thanks in advance

The theatrical French version is hard to find and has a flawed soundtrack mix (which we have fixed) It was released by TFI, I think Amazon France had it but no longer carries it!
The Fullscreen version of the American release is widely available on amazon.com (but I don't recommend it, it is has horrible color, picute, sound and just about everything else!)
The full unrated R-18 British Cut is not available, only in bootlegs my friend! Thus is the reason parts of this extended edit are in fullscreen. Trust us, we would have loved to have a wdescreen 2:35.1 British Cut.

I think a few people in this thread have the french theatrical.
We had to restore all of them first to make this version, this is the reason why this has taken over a year to complete. You can't just piece a film together without all the elements being similar in quality.

Thanks again for the questions and interest. ;-)

Trust me I am excited about this release.

We did create a rough cut that has all the deleted scenes from the SE DVD included in this version but it just didn't work. Deleted scenes are cut for a reason, lol! You'll see this version uses elements that all have been released on film or DVD. Yes, in different forms or versions (ie: British Cut, Jap Cut, etc.) but all released in some form over the years.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: 5acrifice
This project seems awesome. I was wondering if the two theatrical versions (The American and British) are available anywhere.

Thanks in advance

The theatrical French version is hard to find and has a flawed soundtrack mix (which we have fixed) It was released by TFI, I think Amazon France had it but no longer carries it!

as I said before, the french dvd from TF1 has NOT the theatrical french cut of HII but the American cut (with a french dub and the english track (with french subtitles). I don't know why the TF1 disc has the wrong cut .
Author
Time
ASH is right on top of things!!!! I don't know why it is refered to as the French theatrical, it's the French DVD released version of the American cut, not the actuall theatrical released version. The French TFI company was not that smart!
However, it's the only way you'lll see the American widescreen of the film ( small postitive, lol!)

Thanks ASH!!!

BTW!! You'll like the restored early version we finsished last year, it may bring back memories.

Author
Time
still cannot wait to see this 'kind of magic'!

also, this one will have the fairytale ending correct? Its going to have an option for watching it with it? I personally love the fairytale one, so i'm naturally really happy to have it either way.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Hoichi, the Earless
still cannot wait to see this 'kind of magic'!

also, this one will have the fairytale ending correct? Its going to have an option for watching it with it? I personally love the fairytale one, so i'm naturally really happy to have it either way.

Yes! It has the fairytale ending as an option (seemless branching)

And in the supplements section it has the restored Extended Fairytale ending with effects we created just for this version.

I hope you enjoy!

Author
Time
Wow, I had no idea you did a special effects job & extended it (i'd assume you used the greenscreen footage from the SE DVD?)
This is even better! (It will be branchable as well yes?)

Author
Time
I know this isn't exactly Highlander II related... but I'm sure you guys want to see this... Highlander - The Series: Immortal Collection. Do you guys have something similar in the states or the UK?

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Hoichi, the Earless
Wow, I had no idea you did a special effects job & extended it (i'd assume you used the greenscreen footage from the SE DVD?)
This is even better! (It will be branchable as well yes?)

The deleted scenes we cleaned up and put back together.

The deleted scenes wil have no seemless branching option.

We did a rough cut which inlcuded the restored delete scenes and all of the cannes footage outtakes. However, it just doesn't work and we had no idea where some of the footage went. We tried to use the script but as you know Highlander was sort of a work in progress, they shot scenes as they went on.

So in this extended version we used only the released material, not the deleted footage. Most of the deleted footage was outtakes that made no sense anyway's. There is one scene in the delted scenes secion I wanted to restore to this DVD but we decided not to (it was the scenes regarding that his thought have turned to Zeist and his friend Rameriz), watch the deleted scenes section on the SE DVD to see what I am saying. I thought that scene added some much needed clarification to the movie, but this is not really a fan cut.

Peace
'

Author
Time
I came across a post over at the IMDB forum and decided to drop by here. Much interested! While I'm more inclined to get my sticky fingers on the true European 100-minute version of Highlander 2 this could tie me over for a while.
I'd go so far as getting my fingers on the French laserdisc even if I don't speak or understand a word of it.